View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DOC Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to re-dose with DOC there's no benefit. Start small work your way up through a series of tests. It doesn't tend to really last as long under 4mg & in most subjects I've tested the effects it usually comes on quicker in small dose, lasting 12 to 15 hours. With 4mg up you could very well be tripping 24 hours into the next day. The range between "good time" and "bad time" is too slim that I'd just take it all at once with DOC, and then take whatever else during the comeup.

There's no reason to re-dose with DOC there's no benefit. Start small work your way up through a series of tests. It doesn't tend to really last as long under 4mg & in most subjects I've tested the effects it usually comes on quicker in small dose, lasting 12 to 15 hours. With 4mg up you could very well be tripping 24 hours into the next day. The range between "good time" and "bad time" is too slim that I'd just take it all at once with DOC, and then take whatever else during the comeup.

What kind of relationship between dose and length have you found? I had stimulation for 26 hours on 0.5mg, wondering if I should even bother trying it again at a higher dose.

I find the opposite. DOC is pretty easy going as far as most long duration psychedelics go, almost similarly to LSD in that sense, one of the reasons I believe people compare them. In essence its very strong but in the background theres a sense of calm and tranquility. I also find redosing on DOC to be fairly nice. If i'm not where I want to be, a .5mg bump can put me right where i'm looking to go! Insufflation of DOC is also easy comparable to others. I'm one of the ones who DOC lasts long regardless of the dose really though obviously similarly to you smaller doses tend to last 14-20 hours whereas the high end lasts 24+.

I really need to retrieve more DOC, its to bad my stash of it got depleted!

NBROMe, I'm actually surprised you got much of anything at such a low dose. Although threshold doses tend to highlight the amphetamine nature of DOC more so than taking more might. I think though this just shows the individual variability with this compound as .5mg probably wouldn't be active much longer than 14 hours for me and the effects would be rather subtle. It's been at least five years now since I have worked with DOC so my memory could be hazy, and I feel like nowadays I'm probably a bit more sensitive to drugs than I was then. if .5,g gave you 24+ hours of stimulation it's very well possible a higher dose could as well, however it seems that in any dose with everyone I know who's taken DOC, the effects probably wouldn't last much longer than the 26 hours you experienced. A good rule of thumb is to reserve your weekend for the doctor, IMO.

I believe I had tried a threshold dose at 100 micrograms to take note of any physical symptoms (aka an allergy test). None noted. The day before that I had received results from a third-party lab confirming my samples were DOC. So the next day I just took my starting dosage straight out of PiKHAL, and began with 1.6mg. This is probably where I would recommend a first-timer.

After that I upped the dosage to 3.2 mg and I would say if you are wanting to get the full-on effects of DOC this is where to go. Definitely forgiving, still intense, you will feel effects for a long time. I think this dosage seems to embody what the psychedelic experience is all about. 5mg+ is too much for me, the bodyload gets harsher and it feels never ending. I'm pretty sure 30 hours is the longest I've felt effects. But this is keeping in mind that I don't re-dose, I just take it all at once. I feel like with something that can take 3 hours to kick in, thats just the wiser route since re-dosing probably will make it last even longer.

DOC is the best of the DOx series. Intense but still gentle. Doesn't seem to last as long as DOI or DOB and doesn't feel as much like you shot a ball of meth. I don't know anything about DOM to base a judgement.

but yes your mileage may vary. DOx seem to affect everyone differently. Just roll with the punches you'll be good. There's definitely rougher chemicals.

Help?!?!, I'm afraid to try insufflating DOC haha. I am limited to oral experiments only. Liquid solutions either dropped straight from the pipette onto my tongue or onto a sugar cube. One time I insufflated an unknown dosage of 5-MeO-DMT fumarate, it burnt like a bitch, literally like I had put my nose in a boiling kettle or something. Within about five minutes things really got put into perspective and before ya know it I was flopping on the floor like a fish out of water. I'll never put something up my nose again after that. lol. But you live and you learn, and I enjoyed the trip, just not the burning.

Help?!?!, I'm afraid to try insufflating DOC haha. I am limited to oral experiments only. Liquid solutions either dropped straight from the pipette onto my tongue or onto a sugar cube. One time I insufflated an unknown dosage of 5-MeO-DMT fumarate, it burnt like a bitch, literally like I had put my nose in a boiling kettle or something. Within about five minutes things really got put into perspective and before ya know it I was flopping on the floor like a fish out of water. I'll never put something up my nose again after that. lol. But you live and you learn, and I enjoyed the trip, just not the burning.
Haha! Most are and there isn't much blame in that! Though comparably insufflating DOC is a walk in the park....say compared to 2c-E nasal. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I never really need more then maybe 2mgs insufflated which isn't much material. I really found a love for low dose DOC in addition to other psychedelics. For a while I would almost always add some small dose to my IM injections of MXE/DPT/etc. Personally though I must say i'm not effected as much as others, ex, I find 5-MeO-DMT nasally irritating but in a pretty minor way unless more than 25mgs is used. Oh and DOM is the only other DO'x beside maybe DOPR/DOEF that I really want to try. I have a feeling it will be just as magical as DOC if not more so, in fact DOM has always been higher on my list of things to try before DOC.

P.S. Nice to see another OH psychonaut....;P

I have tried DOC twice. The first time at 4mg, and the second time at 3.3mg.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that this chemical has a sort of amnesic effect?

The first time I tried it, I remember VERY little of the experience. To be honest, my only vivid memory of the experience was eating a slushy, smoking a black and mild, then setting them both down and having to throw up lol. And the only reason I really remember that was because I was with friends and they reminded me. At the time I was the only one on DOC. The rest of the experience is very vague.

The second time I did it on 3.3mg, I was with two other friends. I remember more from this experience, but I would still say much of it is very vague. The other two people I was with also told me the other day that they don't remember much of the experience either, so I don't think it is just me.

I realize it might be related to the dose we took, although I didn't find that dose to be too intense--maybe it has more to do with the duration of the experience? I would say the main effects lasted around ~14 hours or so. At the end I did use etizolam to go to sleep so maybe that has something to do with it, but I remember that part of the experience in the early hours of the morning. I'm talking about when the main effects were going on.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way? It's not a problem I would say I have with most other psychedelics I've tried.

Hey the Ohio psychonaut's gotta stick together, we're a 'special breed' out here that's for sure

I don't notice any more amnesia from DOC than I might from most other psychedelics. Shorter acting chemicals such as DMT or Salvinorin A on the other hand...

Yeah, to me it's amnesiac just like any other psychedelic is -- I remember more of the come-up and the come-down than the most intense peaking part. It just so happens that with DOC the peaking part I don't really remember is a good 3-5 hours... I mean, I remember where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. Just not really what was said, or why it was important/profound.

Anyways I had a nice 5mg trip with my friend yesterday to wrap up the semester :')
Unfortunately, as per usual, I was uber sensitive to the amphetamine side of the chem and didn't fall asleep until almost 20 hours after first ingesting it. I'm also disappointed every time I take this stuff at how long the comedown is. Pretty much all trippiness drops off after 8 or 10 hours and I'm left with residual stimulation and a weird headspace. But ah, how glorious the first half of the trip is...

Hmmm, maybe it is just me then. The long peak would explain it too. Though to be honest I usually remember most of my psychedelic experiences.

I agree, after like 12 hours, I'm exhausted and ready to go to bed. I wouldn't even really consider using DOC without some kind of benzo to sleep later.

Since you guys brought it up, +1 for Ohio as well :D

First post ((and they were forced to eat robins minstrels) yayyy!). I've lurked for a few years but this is my only forum and my question is this: after my allergy test, would 1.5 mgs be suitable for a somewhat private day? I've read Shugin's report and it seems ok. I guess I'm a bit apprehensive, but have explored in public before (2 grams of cubes while really baked at an airport. Solo.). Or should i really just hold off a bit longer and go with an nbome as I'm much more experienced with these compounds. Thanks for your inputand even more thanks for this wonderful compendium of knowledge and opinion.

psykedenlitenment...never taken it but the halo DOXs are all active at 1-3mg. 1.5mg is probably the best dose to start with if you are unsure.

DOC is the only "DO" I will ever try after a somewhat uncomfortable experience with DOM. Any one try DOM and want to compare it to DOC? Too lazy to go back in the thread. :)

DOC is the only "DO" I will ever try after a somewhat uncomfortable experience with DOM. Any one try DOM and want to compare it to DOC? Too lazy to go back in the thread.

I have tried DOB, DOI, and DOC lots of times, and DOM a few times. I liked DOC the best.. DOM was 2nd but it had a lot of jitters and just seemed too psychotic. DOI is my 3rd fav... DOB was too jittery/anxious and had that annoying "bromine" body load that made me want to lay down.

What i've wanted to try for SO long is DON... there must be a good reason its popular in Russia :). I wish the rest of the world was more experimental like what goes on in Russia lol.

Agreed (DOM seemed psychotic). Only psychedelic to which psychotomimetic seemed to sum it up. Can say for sure it wasn't set or setting, I've had subsequent psychedelic experiences in the same setting, same and different 'set' and I know I just didn't jive with DOM.

Yeah DON has appeal but after a HORRENDOUS experience with 2C-N..that 4-nitro group just scares me...and not many things scare me anymore.

Not trying to stroke egos, but I've read many of your TR's. I'm really kind of starstruck and I, again, appreciate the candor. My situation has changed slightly and I'll be proceeding with my experiment, providing that a hike wouldn't be too physically taxing (doesn't seem it would). Thank you again for you're input. I can almost feel my anxiety falling to the wayside.

Make sure to wait for another person who has actually used DOC to weigh in on that....but a good majority of my trips in the past 10 years have been in Colorado either hiking, or camping, or a little of both. And from folks who's word I trust tell me DOC isn't too different from the other PEAs....just a long acting one. Maybe yaesutom will weigh in...his brain can easily substitute for mine regarding this sorta thing.

I can't foresee that DOC will treat you wrong at that dose when you are hiking...you body loves you for that! Drink some good water, eat a good meal a couple hours beforehand and I am sure it will be all smiles.

Thanks for the nice words and be sure to report back after your trip.

DOC seemed like it would be AMAZING for camping. It has a long, drawn out nature.. there is no real discernable peak, more just a light psychedelia for a LONG time. I probably won't take it again in any place other than a nature type setting like that, where I can have activities to do for extended periods of time.

I've learned the water necessity the hard way. I'm a small guy at 5'11, 140. It was easily 100°F and a 13 miler with little shade on the trail. actually required a rescue. Not fun. But lesson learned (it was only my second hike ever and didn't have the proper setup). Planned early start for the upcoming venture with fruit breakfast, then guitario in a camp setting. Should be fairly externally-anxiety free. Just have my own brain to 'worry' about.

Embrace the fear! Embrace your worries.

I swear that cliche is rule #1 for the psychonaut. People trying to conquer fear are 'doing it wrong.'

Embrace the fear! Embrace your worries.

I swear that cliche is rule #1 for the psychonaut. People trying to conquer fear are 'doing it wrong.'
To true from my experience! Just going with the flow just seems how its all suppose go! Also DOC and nature is the shit. Its probably one of the few that's not a tryptamine or LSD, that I really like being outside in the woods on!

Status
Not open for further replies.