• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Day vs Night Tripping Thread

Mescaline is best tripped during the day, lsd is not. DMT works well in low ambient light. I tend to agree with what mgs said, although lately the majority of my trips have occurred in dark rooms filled with people, snazzy electronic music, and glowy shit...

I see daytime tripping as a more sacred and emotional experience. You get a connection to nature(if you're outside and you should be) and how things work.

Inside at night(majority of my trips) seems to be a more perspective shifting experience. I feel completely alienated and in an unnatural enviroment which can be very good. It tends to strengthen my preexisting views. I get a feeling of control( i can morph what i see into what i want or feel)

Basically these are very broad explanations and are not always are true but seem to be the usual for me.

Day or Night? :)

So I don't know how to make a poll as well as I don't know if this thread has already been made but I was curious when bluelighters like to trip?

I enjoy tripping during the night. It gives me this Gotham feel, as if I am seeing the world through the jokers eyes. Tripping during the day reminds me of death, why? I don't know, probably because all the brown I see where I live that reminds me of my salvia trip which was a massive ego death. Also, daytime is just so hot and i get a sort of sensory overload.

How about you? :D

I like both hehe ^^

but if I had to choose definately night cuz of the stars... so cool to look at when tripping %)

I'd rather trip at night. Not only do I find it more intense but while daytripping I feel more socially akward than at night.

The day brings a more happy/sunny kind of vibe to my trip, but for some reason I also feel more inhibited.

Great thread idea! This is a question I have thought of many times. Whether you trip in the day or night really does significantly alter the experience IMO. Personally, I like the best of both worlds. I time my trip so that I am peaking when the sun sets.

I love to watch the sunset while tripping.

Personally I think I would prefer day over night in general though because I love going on walks around my property and staring out over the bay (I live on the water). It can get a little too hot in the mid summer sometimes though, in which case night would probably be preferred.

Even still, there are certain drugs that are definitely best taken in darkness such as ketamine.

Last edited:
I've found that starting in the late afternoon works best for me (if the weather is good)... something of both worlds :)

I prefer to trip during the day, but my schedule doesnt always allow it.

I like both! the colours of the day amaze me, how beautiful things are, how bright the colours! and its easier to go outside, you can go and look around and see things clearly, at night, it gets a bit harder, depending on where you are. I like at night how the colours are closer together, I get bigger hallucination pictures (that sounded weird, but in the day when I look at something, the patterns usally stay on one thing, as in, they wont travel from a red sheet to a blue carpet, but in the night, everything is closer so I see massive pictures spead across trees and paths). I also feel a bit safer during the day, Most of the time people can see you, so if something goes wrong, people can get you help quicker. I also have lots of 'insane' thoughts at night when I am in bed trying to get to sleep stuck in the same thought loops... anyway..

I love to watch the sunset while tripping.

Oooh, that would be very nice, but I much prefer the sunrise!

Not while peaking, but for me, I love to drop LSD at around 6-7pm so that the sun will rise just when I'm cooling off and getting ready for bed.

It's a nice way of making the trip feel eternal, in a sense, that although the trippy feelings and thoughts are moving to the background, the world never stops and things just keep moving forwards.

When people are not comfortable with hallucinatng, tripping at night is a sort of security blanket, like wearing a pair of sun glasses or taking some valium.

Depends on the drug...

Although most of my trips have been at night....

Sunrise and sunset are wonderful times to be peaking....

try waking yourself up at 4am and dropping a couple of tabs, go out and watch the sun come up.... Your down by early afternoon and because you dropped early you can get a good nights sleep.....

or dropping a few hours before sunset, its beautiful.... then the stars come out...

or you could drop some DOx and trip through night and day....

...Also, daytime is just so hot and i get a sort of sensory overload.

Daytime just started getting hot here. Sort of. And it never gets THAT hot during the day. Yay living somewhere supercold...

Night is nice because less people are about, but in my town, even during the day I can wander about. I really like to trip during the day. I love the sunlight, trees, colors, so on. The sky is cool at night, but I feel as if I don't get as much out of the outside. And the inside is the same.

lsd and dmt are day drugs for me. i look forward to the day when i can handle acid at night but at this point it scares me shitless; sunlight is the most intensely pleasureable thing. i like looking at the sun with my eyes closed and watching the backs of my eyelids.

i have taken mescaline many times, but for some reason never in the day time. probably because it takes so damn long to kick in and by the time i get shit rolling there are never enough hours left in the day. but i looooooooove it so much at night. i love riding in the car and staring at streetlights and headlights. there is nothing like the intense contrast of night.

Not while peaking, but for me, I love to drop LSD at around 6-7pm so that the sun will rise just when I'm cooling off and getting ready for bed.

It's a nice way of making the trip feel eternal, in a sense, that although the trippy feelings and thoughts are moving to the background, the world never stops and things just keep moving forwards.

that sounds like somthing i will definatly try, i like that insight

^Mescaline is at its best outside during the day, its great for taking a long hike

I am a daytime kid.

Home tripping in the backyard with some nitrous and some tunes, putting on your sunglasses and just generally living the dream, what more could you want.

or festival wise, day time minimal and thirty degree heat, gotta love it.

i have to say the night feels more like a natural place 2 me in the daytime i feel like its just not 4 me i like the darkness and how it feels like thigs can b around withoout you being so sure whats really there