• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
edible trip

trip.more said:
just eat it:\

I tried Peruvian torch a couple weeks ago, at a very low dose( about10-12 inches, blended, boiled and I added a good amount of lemon juice to it during the boil and then I chilled it in the freezer. I managed to get 2 8 oz glasses down without gagging it back up.
I expected pain or vomiting but had none at all, and the effect was so light I went to bed early. I wasn't disappointed as I knew it was a real low dose. I did notice that things were very sharp in definition, and I was very relaxed. I plan to increase the dose by
2X the next time, which will be in abot three weeks, maybe I'll try 3X, but I will have to figure out another method of ingesting it. The taste wasn't too bad, but the thickness was rough to manage after I got down to the second 8 oz glass. I might freeze it and try to "just eat it."

I might freeze it and try to "just eat it."

that's about the last thing you want to do, seriously - way too much bodyload for most. IME it's always been possible to get a foot down to about a shotglass or two.

I've found it's better not to reduce the final product down too much and to let this sit overnight as the next day you will find a layer of green sediment has formed. It's this useless gunk that contributes a lot towards the thickness.

I recently aquired some dried peruvian torch.

This is the plan.

1.Powder it.
2.Mix it with water then filter it.
3.Take the powder left on the coffee filter and mix with 37.5% vodka.
4.Shake around and leave for a few hours.
5.Filter again.This time taking the liquid that comes out.
6. Drink.

What yiz think? is this gonna work? If so will it reduce nausea by much?

Should i boil off the vodka then mix with water and let it separate or do other steps?

Oh and also..nother question. Boil off the vodka the mix the powder with the minimum possible of this 60% stuff i have (it's only 1 tiny bottle like 50mls) then swirl it around my mouth for 10 minutes then spit out?

Last edited:
I've got a question about that extraction video, the one by "your Irkian Master"

-His end product is a brownish black powder, clearly not pure mescaline. Would one still dose it via the Erowid dosage chart, or would one take into account the fact that it isn't pure and increase dosages?

Also, how heat-resilient is the chemical?

^ YOu would take into account the fact that it is not as pure, so the dosage would be higher...how mcuh higher will take some experimentation to figure out.

Ok so for the cactus balls method of consuming..

I do as in this method of prep:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

and THEN I boil it down even further until it's a kinda gooey little puddle and mix it with flour and roll this up into little balls..

This right?

I just got some mescaline pills- I'm not sure how they went from cactus -> pill, but the guy I bought them from said one is a good "dose"... just out of curiosity though, what would be the best way to ingest them? Yeah, they are pills, so swallowing would be easy, but would it have a better absorption rate from parachuting or crushing/mixing with juice? Thanks!

^^ What kind of pills are they? There is a good chance it's some research chemical instead of mescaline. Are they in gel caps? If so, how much powder is in them? If it's just a tiny amount, then it isn't mescaline. A dose of mescaline should fill up most or a majority of a gel cap.

Could be synthetic mescaline, but in all probability, as Xorkoth said, it's something else (most likely a 2C-x or a DOx compound) simply being "marketed" as mescaline instead.

Regarding the consumtion, it's really up to you. Crushing the pill and mixing with juice will make it hit faster, but could be more difficult to down (you should taste the pill first to make sure it doesn't taste too foul). I see no advantages in parachuting, but rectal administration might intensify the effects and hit it way faster than oral - unless it's actually a DOx, in which case the differences will be minute.

Xorkoth said:
Are they in gel caps? If so, how much powder is in them? If it's just a tiny amount, then it isn't mescaline. A dose of mescaline should fill up most or a majority of a gel cap.

Yes, they are gel caps- huge ones. I got them from a friend, so I'm pretty sure it is Mescaline, especially because he already ate one and reported a trip pretty similar to Erowid's experience vaults in duration/visuals etc.

I think I might try breaking them with juice if they don't taste too foul..

Similarity in duration and effects doesn't ensure the authentity of the substance :) However, if it's a huge gelcap and contains enough powder for a good mescaline dose (which is in hundreds of milligrams), then it could be the real thing indeed. Whichever the case, good luck on your trip :)

I'm interested in the safety and efficiency of preloading on MAOI's as a way to potentiate/lengthen Mescaline's effects. Has anyone used Syrian Rue, Caapi, Harmine, Harmaline, Moclobemide or Deprenyl before a Mescaline journey? Was the synergy better than just taking a high dose of Mescaline alone? Which of these MAOI's feels the cleanest, safest and most euphoric with Mescaline?

yeah i have some dried san pedro and was plannin on dosing 100g and boiling it down with water. now im wondering if i could use a coffee maker burner plate to keep it at a simmer as i dont have a stove and would rather use my old coffee maka than by a single coil burner. would this be suitable u thinj?

The Wizard said:
I'm interested in the safety and efficiency of preloading on MAOI's as a way to potentiate/lengthen Mescaline's effects. Has anyone used Syrian Rue, Caapi, Harmine, Harmaline, Moclobemide or Deprenyl before a Mescaline journey? Was the synergy better than just taking a high dose of Mescaline alone? Which of these MAOI's feels the cleanest, safest and most euphoric with Mescaline?

I think this is going to be a pretty bad idea if you are eating cactus or cactus extract due to the tyramine content, and other chemicals possibly in there that may cause a hypertensive crisis when mixed with an MAOI.

The extract from san pedro (or whatever) is not going to be pure mescaline, there is a lot of other stuff in there.

Do you have plain mescaline? as in synthesized pure stuff, or extract that has had the mescaline separated out by chromatography or something?

I wouldn't try it if you don't, and honestly I wouldn't try it if you did either. It seems like MAOIs and phenethylamines might not be the smartest decision.

if the cactus welcomed you, i would highly suggest maintaing and approaching with only the purest of respect towards the cactus, and most non-bullshiting of intent( :) )

you have gained a powerful ally if you play your cards right, but from my exp. the cactus is much more strict about its students than the mushrooms or any other plants i've met with.

congrats :)

thoughtsUnThought said:
if the cactus welcomed you, i would highly suggest maintaing and approaching with only the purest of respect towards the cactus, and most non-bullshiting of intent( :) )

you have gained a powerful ally if you play your cards right, but from my exp. the cactus is much more strict about its students than the mushrooms or any other plants i've met with.

congrats :)

Lol, Thanks for that, Don Juan ;)

Last edited:
lol, those are concepts and beliefs which i've developed through my own practices, rest assured. :)

haven't read much don juan, but the little i've read was interesting (and metaphorically valuable at least, regardless of controversy over its factuality)

Status
Not open for further replies.