View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DALT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most worthless "psychedelic" I've ever tried. I still have some and could as well flush it down the toilet. I find no value in it. The only positive thing is the euphoric rush when smoking it. After the rush is over, there's some extremely mild visual activity and my head feels like a balloon. I've snorted it too. The stimulation is unpleasant and the overall bodyload too. I do get horny from it, but there are better ways to get horny than take this stuff.

5-MeO-Dalt also has the privilege to be the only compound that has ruined an MXE trip for me. I got a strong nausea, everything was spinning and I experienced extreme vertigo. Some nasty thought loops too. I'd give this to anyone who wants it for free.

Snorted about 20-22 mg about 90 minutes ago. Very slight effect. I can just barely tell that I took something. On the good side no nasal irritation whatsoever. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get Dr. Jekyl to convert this to 5-meo-DPT by reducing the ally groups to propyls on a ship in international waters. Not that it's illegal where Jekyl lives, but just to keep forum mods happy he'll do it in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and then after trying it he'll throw it in the sea and go home. Fortunately, Jekyl has a bunch of Raney nickel from a long time ago when he wanted to make something else. Simple hydrogen transfer process with IPA as the hydrogen donor should do it. It's actually rather handy that 5-meo-DALT is available and pretty cheap, because 5-meo-DPT is very rare. Sure, I read the Erowid report about somebody's muscles all tensing up from 5-meo-DPT, but that was only one such report. Others say it's a nice relaxing 3-4 hour trip. It sure can't be worse than the 5-meo-DALT. My guess, similar to 5-meo-DiPT but gentler and shorter acting. I'll let you know what Jekyl says after he tries it. The DALT may be effective at higher doses but it wouldn't be economical. Converting to the DPT should increase potency by 5-10 times.

Last edited:
Snorted about 20-22 mg about 90 minutes ago. Very slight effect. I can just barely tell that I took something. On the good side no nasal irritation whatsoever. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get Dr. Jekyl to convert this to 5-meo-DPT by reducing the ally groups to propyls on a ship in international waters. Not that it's illegal, but just to keep forum mods happy he'll do it in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and then after trying it he'll throw it in the sea and go home. Fortunately, Jekyl has a bunch of Raney nickel from a long time ago when he wanted to make something else. Simple hydrogen transfer process with IPA as the hydrogen donor should do it. It's actually rather handy that 5-meo-DALT is available and pretty cheap, because 5-meo-DPT is very rare. Sure, I read the Erowid report about somebody's muscles all tensing up from 5-meo-DPT, but that was only one such report. Others say it's a nice relaxing 3-4 hour trip. It sure can't be worse than the 5-meo-DALT. My guess, similar to 5-meo-DMT but gentler and shorter acting. I'll let you know what Jekyl says after he tries it. The DALT may be effective at higher doses but it wouldn't be economical. Converting to the DPT should increase potency by 5-10 times.

I have to take 50-60 mg to actually feel I'm in an altered state of mind. But it still has no value for me. A quick euphoric rush followed by a strange, stoned-like but still stimulated feeling is all I get when smoking it. Basically the same thing when snorting, although the strong initial rush is lacking.

I do not know why some of you say its Worthless. Maybe you got garbage stuff or dont realize its Cross Tolerance. I think a lot of people just dont understand the beauty of subtle warmth. Anytime I hear someone bagging a chemical like this I kind of wonder whats going on with their body or what other substances were taken prior or during. I thought 20mgs was amazingly warm and subtle. Its not really supposed to give you any hardcore visuals or buzz. I wish people would respect chemicals for what there supposed to be instead of calling them worthless.

Some of the doses on here are redick! Taking more than 40mgs is Stupid sorry. Like another person said move on if it didnt affect you at the dosage level its supposed to work at unless you Truly know what your doing. 90mgs is so risky..

And to the person above why are you taking a chemical you dont like, knowing so, and then bagging it. Im no expert in the tryptamine field but its subtle. Not rushy and theres no real Peak. Its just warm and relaxing.

I do not know why some of you say its Worthless. Maybe you got garbage stuff or dont realize its Cross Tolerance. I think a lot of people just dont understand the beauty of subtle warmth. Anytime I hear someone bagging a chemical like this I kind of wonder whats going on with their body or what other substances were taken prior or during. I thought 20mgs was amazingly warm and subtle. Its not really supposed to give you any hardcore visuals or buzz. I wish people would respect chemicals for what there supposed to be instead of calling them worthless.

Some of the doses on here are redick! Taking more than 40mgs is Stupid sorry. Like another person said move on if it didnt affect you at the dosage level its supposed to work at unless you Truly know what your doing. 90mgs is so risky..

And to the person above why are you taking a chemical you dont like, knowing so, and then bagging it. Im no expert in the tryptamine field but its subtle. Not rushy and theres no real Peak. Its just warm and relaxing.

This is an open disussion forum, people are free to express their opinions as long as they follow the rules and don't insult others. I'm not insulting anyone here, nor is it my purpose. It's fine if you like this stuff, I'm happy for you.

I find 5-MeO-Dalt useless for me, that doesn't mean others can't enjoy it immensibly. I've taken only 5-MeO-Dalt without other substances, so I know how it works. I considered myself quite experienced when it comes to tryptamines, and have tried very high doses with other tryptamines too. Of course it may be possible that my stuff is cut, hence the high doses. It's true I mostly seek for deep and spiritual experiences, and I didn't expect it from 5-MeO-Dalt either. However, I thought it could have been enjoyable in a more hedonistic sence, like a smaller dose of MXE. With a little hint of psychedelia.

Why did I take it? It's impossible to know if I don't try it. That's why I tried it with different ROA's and different doses. There's always a chance you can find a suitable dose. This just hasn't happened for me, and I have gave up. I don't use it anymore if that's what you think.

But it's definitily rushy the first 10-15 minutes if you smoke it.

After reading the following, I don't think it would be wise to take any allylamine. Fortunately I only took 20 mg once before I read this.

The toxic effects of allylamine have been studied for over 40 years in experimental animals. Most investigations have focused on the vascular toxicity of allylamine given intravenously and have characterized morphologic angiographic, biochemical, and hemodynamic alterations that have been likened to the atherosclerotic process. Recently, allylamine experimental models have been employed in assessing the hemodynamic effects of vasodilator drugs. Remarkably few studies have been directed toward the myocardial lesions caused by allylamine administration despite the extensive experimental useof this compound in a variety of species. In the early 1960s, however, Guzman, Hine, and co-workers emphasized the extraordinary cardiovascular toxicity of this compound and drew attention to diffuse a "myocarditis" associated with repeated inhalation exposure to mono-, di-, and tri-allylamines. The present study demonstrates that this allylamine-induced "myo-carditis" actually represents multifocal piecemeal myocardial necrosis with rapid organization. This acute process progresses and results in the later development of extensive fibrosis of the myocardium mimicking human ventricular aneurysm.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1903563/pdf/amjpathol00229-0143.pdf

I'm no expert in chemistry or pharmacology, but I think that just because there are two allyl amines stuck on the tail of of a 5-meo-tryptamine, doesn't necessarily mean we're getting exposed to allyl amine in the same way we would if we just opened up a jug of allyl amine and took a swig.

I'm thinking back to the DOCN thread where people were arguing about whether or not eating a dose of DOCN would be equal to eating that amount of cyanide.

I think the fact of the matter is that 5-meo-DALT, like many other "unresearched" research chemicals, has not had ANY testing done on it, so we can really not say anything about these drugs with any certainty at all. It could be safe, it could be kidney poison, who knows for sure.

I'm no expert in chemistry or pharmacology, but I think that just because there are two allyl amines stuck on the tail of of a 5-meo-tryptamine, doesn't necessarily mean we're getting exposed to allyl amine in the same way we would if we just opened up a jug of allyl amine and took a swig.

I'm thinking back to the DOCN thread where people were arguing about whether or not eating a dose of DOCN would be equal to eating that amount of cyanide.

I think the fact of the matter is that 5-meo-DALT, like many other "unresearched" research chemicals, has not had ANY testing done on it, so we can really not say anything about these drugs with any certainty at all. It could be safe, it could be kidney poison, who knows for sure.

You're quite right, this is no more equivalent to eating allyl amines than eating amphetamine is equivalent to eating benzene. No need to worry.

I think the cardiotoxicity effects discussed in that article are specific to plain allyamines, meaning just hydrogens and allyls on the nitrogen. However, I did a search to see if there are any pharmaceuticals involving allylamines and the only ones in existence are antifungals. They are mostly topical creams but they also have tablets. The problem here is that although these compounds don't cause heart tissue necrosis they do cause liver damage in some people and quite a list of other side effects. Here's a warning that was sent out about one of them http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/medeff/advisories-avis/prof/_2001/lamisil_hpc-cps-eng.php . It says a few people needed liver transplants. Not trying to scare anyone, just reporting what I found. It seems odd to me that the only use for allyamine compounds in medicine is in antifungals and that at least one of them may have some nasty side effects. Considering how little payoff there is with 5-meo-DALT, I can't see any good reason to risk it, especially when you have to take rather high dosages even to feel it, but to each his own. I think the propyl form would be much preferable all around.

How you compare the duration of 5-MeO-DALT with the duration of bk-MDMA? The comedown is worse?
What dose recommended for effects mdma-like?

5-meo-dalt

any point taking this substance above 100mg? It's nice and light, sociable, certainly not like 5-meo-dmt.

If i take a lot will I have a heavy trip or just a light trip that's extended?

and how many times can I redose this stuff before tolerance kicks in?
does tolerance occur after one use or multiple uses per day? for days? is it less prone to tolerance than other psychs?

I just did about 30mg sublingual; i'm not sure if this method will work but it seems to be taking effect

Last edited:
any point taking this substance above 100mg? It's nice and light, sociable, certainly not like 5-meo-dmt.

does tolerance occur after one use or multiple uses per day? for days? is it less prone to tolerance than other psychs?

I just did about 30mg sublingual; i'm not sure if this method will work but it seems to be taking effect

No, I don't see any point in taking doses above 100 mg. I don't even see any point in taking above 50 mg. The bodyload becomes extreme and you heart rate and body temperature will rise like hell with such doses.

This is not a mind expanding, deep, colourful and spiritual compound. You won't get it from this stuff.

As with all tryptamines there will be tolerance, but you can boost the trip along the way. The duration of 5-MeO-Dalt is quite short. It has a fast onset and a quite rapid comedown (not unpleasant). Tolerance to tryptamines builds up quickly. The next day you're going to have to take much more to get the same effects.

After a tryptamine trip you build up tolerance and have to wait for at least 3-4 days before tripping again to get the same effects. Preferrably a week.

any point taking this substance above 100mg?

The highest I have gone is 75mg. It was great. Nice visuals, easy to think. It's a very light trip and no mind fuck at all. Just cool visuals. I'd recommend working your way up. I will eventually try 100mg once I get more.

Thanks for the replies about the safety of this drug. Now that I think about it, the guy who first introduced 5-meo-dalt to me was a pharmacist. If I remember correctly he said that this substance was pretty benign. Just to paint a more detailed picture of the guy, he also believed that mdma was harmful enough for him to not do it at all, but he almost regularly enjoys heaps of acid. So if I remember correctly this stuff is pretty safe according to a guy who spent many years earning his PharmD and learning about pharmacology.

I find doses around 30mg sublingual give me an alright psychedelic effect. I really don't like this stuff though, why is it so popular? it is shit compared to 4-aco-dmt and reminds me of 5-meo-mipt which I also dislike. Tastes like lunesta too which is gross. What's the point of this chem? i can play video games better on it but other than that it doesn't do much for me.

in terms of visuals without depth 4-ho-met destroys 5-meo-dalt.

There are so many chemicals that gives you visuals, sometime you look for something else.
Some people like canabis, alcool, 5meoMIPT, MDMA, ...

Start with 10mgs after your allergy test if your good after 25ish mins take another ten....dont wait to long it leaves your body quick. taking more than 30mgs ime seems very Very destructive

Taking more than 30mg seems destructive? lol wtf? It's a weak ass chemical.

Status
Not open for further replies.