• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

If you smoke it, the come up is much easier.

Best to convert into a freebase using baking soda, though the salt can be smoked directly itself (better to do this with the hcl rather than the fumarate, though i will admit, i have smoked the fumerate salt many times).

Smoked 4-ho-met is awesome. The comeup is fast, short and easy. The whole thing is a full psychedelic experience in 90 minutes total with very little anxiety.

Used to like vaping 4-aco-det furmate in a meth pipe; gave a nice rushy trip. Sometime would mix a little in when vaping dmt.

Used to like vaping 4-aco-det furmate in a meth pipe; gave a nice rushy trip. Sometime would mix a little in when vaping dmt.

Yeah its fine on occasion but after a while it starts to irritate the lungs. The fumarate on combustion yields maleic anhydride (a level 3 hazard) which is a potent irritant to the lungs. Smoke enough fumarate salts and you'll feel it. Took me a while for that to happen. Other than that it smokes fine, but id recommend making a crude freebase for safety's sake.

Last edited:
I have a Gemini-20 and weigh anything that isn't super potent with it. It varies by +/- 2mg unless the batteries are low, for something like this that doesn't matter. I use it for all drugs, even stuff like DOC which is active at 2mg and where 3mg is WAY stronger. I do this using liquid measurement, I weigh 50mg which might be anywhere from 48 to 52mg, and dissolve it in 50mL of alcohol. Then I dose with an oral syringe. This divides the error across all the doses. 1mL could have between 48/50 = 0.96mg and 52/50 = 1.04mg, which is totally acceptable. You can do the same with any substance, though keeping tryptamines in liquid causes them to degrade quickly.

In regards to this, might do some of this again tonight, but I have a bit of a problem. I did buy a scale that measures to the thousandths decimal (ya know, to get specific low weights), but because of certain circumstances, I don't have access to it.

My question, is, since I'm gonna have to use a normal scale that only measures to the hundredth, I'm wondering what the +/- is on the actual weight that your run of the mill scale shows. I'm definitely just going to attempt to weigh out 4 or 5 solid doses, so 60mg to 75mg (15mg a piece, mix it into alcohol). Honestly, I have multiple questions..

1) How accurate is the average scale when it comes to low numbers like 60 or 70mg's? I know a lot of them won't even begin to show anything is on the scale until it gets to 20 or 30mg, so I'm just curious.

2) What is the difference between a dose of say, 15mg and a dose of 25 mg's? Just in case the scale is off?

Obviously, I wouldn't be doing this if I just had to weigh out some for me and another person. i'm only using a lesser scale because I know I'll need to weigh out multiple doses, and i know most scales can tell you *in the ballpark*.

Cheers, gang! Thanks for any help.

I think the weighting error would be about +-10mg, maybe +-20mg, so per dose that’s at most +-5mg, if you’re fine with that. But it depends on the scale, though it’d be very surprised if the error is larger than that.

Make sure there is some weight on it already (and add the 4-HO-METs weight to it), that way it’ll be more accurate, that’s good practice for 0.001g scales as well.

I think the weighting error would be about +-10mg, maybe +-20mg, so per dose that’s at most +-5mg, if you’re fine with that. But it depends on the scale, though it’d be very surprised if the error is larger than that.

Make sure there is some weight on it already (and add the 4-HO-METs weight to it), that way it’ll be more accurate, that’s good practice for 0.001g scales as well.

See? That's why you come here. Obvious, but great advice. Thanks, bud.

My 4-ho-met is a mixture with mannite. I dont think that I would smoke that. Next time I will split the oral dose and report back, if that does anything to the come up

So I tried it and it worked, just for your info. Comeup was more gradual and longer with less bodily discomfort.

Has anyone tried vaping a tryptamine salt dissolved in PG/VG? I can't remember what my metocin is, I think fumarate. For some reason I've just never invested in the kit required to properly "smoke" delicate tryptamines, maybe it's some subconscious bias about having something around which would also function as a crack pipe. But vaping seems somehow cleaner and is just so much more convenient anyway, technological hassles aside.
I did with unsubstituted EPT. I figured that since it was nebulizing at a lower temperature than it's vaporization point then I wouldn't have to worry about it being the fumarate salt (which may or may not be an issue anyway.) It didn't work particularly well, but it may be that it was too dilute. I tried subsequently tried with the freebase and that wasn't much better. I had better luck vaping the salt on quartz coils, but I am not confident about that being either efficient or healthy.

How is this stuff to eyeball? I know it is generally not recommended and I do own a miligram scale, which I use for 2C-B and other substances. But, in my experience, I enjoy to eyeball 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-MiPT and other tryptamines with a fast comeup and slowly titrate my way to the desired dose. For me the comeup on these substances is so fast (15-20 min) that I just dabble my way to the desired state slowly. I do this with mushrooms too. Is it the same with 4-HO-MET? I would not do it with 2C-(X) or drugs with a long comeup. Thats too hard to control IME.

I don't get it, why not titrate your way by weighing your doses? It takes like a couple seconds.

It's just as 'easy' as other tryptamines though, but still, I don't see the point. At least weigh the doses to know for future reference.

I usually use psychedelics outdoors or in settings where its not really practical to bring a scale (like festivals). I prefer a little vial with some tryptamine dust that I can slowly sip instead of one full dose at a time. I don't know, man. I guess thats just how I like my tryptamines.

Yeah, if you are accustomed to it, it can be eyeballed without getting into alot of trouble (unlike 4-AcO-DMT).

I usually eyeball it when smoking it. Otherwise i weigh it since the time commitment of other ROA's is significant greater.

I always bring doses of RCs to festivals, I just pre-weigh them and bring them in individual foil packets or pills, that way I know what I'm starting with. I might bring 3 or 4 pre-weighed doses of a single chemical, so I can give some away. Sometimes I will split one of them in half or something to redose, which is eyeballing to an extent but at least I know where I started from.

The one time I brought something potent that I didn't eyeball, it was 3-MeO-PCE. It was dark and I was kinda drunk and ended up taking who knows how much, I thought it was a normal dose but was probably like 50mg. I only remember bits and pieces, I saw smears of color and the music sounded like some alien droning. I felt really good but was totally unresponsive and fortunately my friends were with me and brought me along everywhere. I wouldn't respond to anyone but they said I had a giant grin plastered on my face the whole time. I was fine, but it could have gone differently. It's really just better to weigh stuff.

But if you're going to eyeball, tryptamines are the safest psychedelics you could go with. Anything is really hard to eyeball in less than ideal conditions though, such as darkness, pre-existing tripping/drunkness, etc.

tryptamines are the safest psychedelics you could go with.
(4-subs are. Just don't go eyeballing any 5-MeO-aMT, eh?)

Like Xorkoth said, I just preweigh. Twist my doses up into nice little Rizzla parachutes pouches and call it good.

For anyone interested I ended up splitting a pre-weighed amount in lines and sharing it with three others. So we did approx. 10-15 mg each (orally), which I found fitting for the situation. One of us ended up doing another dose of the same size a bit later since it was on the light side for him. I think the effects develop in a bit more phases than for other 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. The effects came on fast (15-20 min), but took around an hour to develop fully for me. Was roughly comparable to 1-1.5 grams of cubensis, yet quite distinct in its effect. I wont say Im overly impressed. Its probably the least interesting of the 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. But the dose was also moderate, so maybe I just need more next time. It was quite pleasant, however. I would do it again some time.

In regards to this, might do some of this again tonight, but I have a bit of a problem. I did buy a scale that measures to the thousandths decimal (ya know, to get specific low weights), but because of certain circumstances, I don't have access to it.

My question, is, since I'm gonna have to use a normal scale that only measures to the hundredth, I'm wondering what the +/- is on the actual weight that your run of the mill scale shows. I'm definitely just going to attempt to weigh out 4 or 5 solid doses, so 60mg to 75mg (15mg a piece, mix it into alcohol). Honestly, I have multiple questions..

1) How accurate is the average scale when it comes to low numbers like 60 or 70mg's? I know a lot of them won't even begin to show anything is on the scale until it gets to 20 or 30mg, so I'm just curious.

2) What is the difference between a dose of say, 15mg and a dose of 25 mg's? Just in case the scale is off?

Obviously, I wouldn't be doing this if I just had to weigh out some for me and another person. i'm only using a lesser scale because I know I'll need to weigh out multiple doses, and i know most scales can tell you *in the ballpark*.

Cheers, gang! Thanks for any help.

So, uh, this did not go as planned.

I didn't end up doing any the day of this post, but we decided yesterday to do some. Here's what went down.

I took the advice I was given to put something with actual weight on the scale and then add to that with the MET. That's what I did. I thought, just to be safe, go on the the lower end of the spectrum. I wanted us to do around 20mg's, and there was 4 of us. But instead of weighing out 80-ish mg's, I weighed out 70-ish. Measured the liquid (OJ), tossed it in the cup and stirred vigorously.

First, the body load was just as bad as last time. Within 5 or 10 minutes, it was a chore for me not to throw up. My buddy was in a similar situation, but he probably got it worse.

Now here's where things got scary, I would say maybe 15 minutes after ingestion, I (all of us) was tripping harder than I've tripped in years. Full on visual distortion, morphing, sound manipulation, dream like state, full body high, trouble walking, etc. I would equate it to how I felt the time I got my hands on some extremely potent gel tabs. Those also kicked in almost immediately. But the thing was, this was scarier than hell. Clearly, the measurement had to be off my at the very least 10 to 15 mg's. At the very least. But as you know, I was thinking it was far worse than that. My mind was too far gone 20 minutes in to be even kind of rational. I was holding on for dear life. Thankfully, my experience took over and I was able to ease my mind. But for about 3 hours, we tripped HARD. Much harder than we did on 20+mg's of 4-aco-mipt. Much harder than the first time we did MET. Much harder than when we take our usual hit of 105 ug acid. Like I said, for the first hour, I would equate it to those gel tabs, which I would imagine were probably 200 to 300ug's. I'm not shitting you. This was big boy tripping.

When we all got ahold of ourselves, it was fun as hell, but man oh man. I can't be risking it with these shitty scales. I'm gonna need to buy a good new scale. Because this was dangerous. Thank God I planned on low balling us.

Yes, invest on a good scale. The "add something to the platter prior to measuring" method is also useful with such scales and you'll get additional accuracy. I use the parachute paper and then add the substance to it. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things worked out well in the end. Stay safe.

Hey, trying to find information on 4-ho-met's legal status in Texas. I looked at the 2020 Schedules of Controlled Substances at Texas.gov
and am having difficulty deciphering whether this is in fact covered. Other than, says alot about isomers. Now I don't see any 4-ho's or acetyls, although psilocin is listed.
I don't remember seeing the chemical's name,4-hydroxy-N,N-ethyl-methyltryptamine, although it might be easy to miss, since much of it is listed with some chemical names not having an abreviated short hand.
Is this final proof of legality in texas or is there some other documents that might have it listed. Also is this an isomer in some way to whats being scheduled.

For real? There was some guy here for a while claiming that at 100+mg, possibly IV, it was indistinguishable, which I can believe, but at least up to 50mg I am very confident I can distinguish them easily.
4-AcO-DMT is quite different to psilocybin too for me, especially in higher doses.

One thing I do not like about 4-HO-MET, is how it drops off so sharply in intensity after like 3 hours? Anyone here that can relate to this? Other tryptamines are always much more gradual for me. Hate the drip too, just wanna say I'm not intentionally disagreeing with you =D the drop in effects is the main thing I wanted to say, 4-AcO-MET seems to 'suffer' less from it as well.

One thing I do not like about 4-HO-MET, is how it drops off so sharply in intensity after like 3 hours? Anyone here that can relate to this?
Yeah it's very short lived; my old roommate passed out three hours into a trip once and left me all alone lol, it lasts a bit longer for me. I also have idiosyncratic reactions to this one though.