• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Zeta:

Brown 4-substituted tryptamines are impure, but it only takes a very slight impurity to alter the color and I haven't yet heard of people having any health problems using brown tryptamines or requiring significantly higher dosages than with white tryptamines, and we haven't had issues with the ones we've gotten that way yet either. Take it at your own risk as always, but it's probably fine, as much as you can say that about these things.

Good to know. Thanks, pal.

I have a few grams of brown 4 HO MET with small white chunks. It seems perfectly fine. It dissolves to a golden colour in water (not unlike brown heroin as a comparison)

25 mg of the brown material I have provides a full psychedelic experience in most people

I have a few grams of brown 4 HO MET with small white chunks. It seems perfectly fine. It dissolves to a golden colour in water (not unlike brown heroin as a comparison)

25 mg of the brown material I have provides a full psychedelic experience in most people

I have the tan/brown too. Snorted 50mg of it (along with some 4-fea) in a hotel room overlooking downtown los angeles early Sunday morning, the visuals were intense. Smoked 20mg of 4-aco-dmt at the peak of the experience, which i regretted as it gave it an ominous feeling. Even benzos didn't really tone it down much.

Took about 15mg's with a few buddies. Body load was..heavy. Probably the closest I've come to throwing up on a psych since my early mushroom days. The load lasted a little longer than it did with 4-aco-mipt, too. Close to 45 minutes of being stoned. Which i really don't like, not a downers guy at all.

When the load subsided though, it was really enjoyable. Probably the most significant time distortion I've experienced in a long time. I had not even the slightest clue how much time was passing. I couldn't tell you when I took it or anything at the peak of the drug. Was very fun. Can't say much about the visuals as I was outside in near pitch black darkness for the vast majority of the duration. We just sat on the deck and shot the shit for what must have been around 4 hours. Though, there was definitely some visual distortion. I just didn't give them the chance to be vivid because it was quite dark and there was no fire or light of any sort.

Comedown was not nearly as smooth as what I got with 4-aco-mipt. It felt closer to an acid comedown where I felt a little wore out and with a mild headache and insomnia. I think we took at around 8pm and I went to sleep at around 5am. Was close to baseline but not completely normal by the time I tuckered out.

Overall, I'm glad I got good bit of this stuff and will take it whenever I get the chance. I think I could easily handle the peak effects at around 25mg, but I'm pretty worried about the body load on the come up. It really felt like if I took anymore I would have thrown up.

I think I could easily handle the peak effects at around 25mg, but I'm pretty worried about the body load on the come up. It really felt like if I took anymore I would have thrown up.
That’s where I’m at with it, too. 15’s as far as I’ve gone, but part of me wonders if there’s an uncomfortable zone between 10 and 20mg. I have heard some say that lower doses can be challenging, being still sensitive to body effects, but not quite fully immersed. Maybe more immersion distracts us more from these body loads? Or the response is on some kind of curve, maybe.

That’s where I’m at with it, too. 15’s as far as I’ve gone, but part of me wonders if there’s an uncomfortable zone between 10 and 20mg. I have heard some say that lower doses can be challenging, being still sensitive to body effects, but not quite fully immersed. Maybe more immersion distracts us more from these body loads? Or the response is on some kind of curve, maybe.

I wonder if maybe the 4-AcO substitution might be better for you? Some people don't find it to be any different, but I tend to find 4-AcO subs to be a bit gentler on the comeup and easier overall, almost as if they were slightly time released.

Fwiw, I find 30mg of 4-AcO-MET to be my sweet spot when I divide my dose into three equal parts taken over a period of an hour or maybe even two. If I take it all at once, I find 20mg to be plenty, but less enjoyable and more disorienting

Fwiw, I find 30mg of 4-AcO-MET to be my sweet spot when I divide my dose into three equal parts taken over a period of an hour or maybe even two. If I take it all at once, I find 20mg to be plenty, but less enjoyable and more disorienting

Interesting! I'm gonna have to try that and compare.

Hmm, you’ve got me curious about the AcO now. Weirdly, I haven’t tried them yet, but find the 5-MeO trypts easier on my body than the HO’s - which goes contrary to some, or many reports I’fe read. So the AcO could be my next go. Maybe it’s like ALD-52is to L25? Slows it up a bit for some, smoothing the comeup? Thanks, Pfaffd, and also about that dosage timing, ten ten ten over an hour or so. Going to try that. Cheers!

Took 15mg of this stuff again on Saturday with some buddies. Still great stuff. Still stoned us silly for the first half hour. Still almost threw up. Still really affected my vision when I was outside in the dark. But that's not why I'm posting..

Both time I've dissolved into alcohol. 75mg the first time and 60mg on Saturday, but both times I dissolved it, only like, 95% of it dissolved. But I don't think the stuff that didn't dissolve was the drug. I think it was some sort of cut. I don't know for sure, but the way that it almost caked up into little tiny balls leads me to believe so.

What do you guys think? Am I just not dissolving it correctly, or is it some sort of additive that doesn't dissolve?

Last edited:
Oh man! Keep seeing stuff about body load. I think I can handle it though.

Better make sure to weigh this stuff first it sounds like.

4-HO-MiPT didn't have me puking or terribly uncomfortable physically and I eyeballed doses too...roll your eyes...however I absolutely thought something terrible was happening to my entire existence yet it smoothed out and was so refreshing and therapeutic and I wasn't really noticing visuals but they had to be there but I noticed a really insane hallucination coming up, a little rainbow horned beast flashed in the corner of my 3D laptop & I am 100% positive it wasn't supposed to be there.

Anyways I also hear how visual this is but tbh that isn't why I have some on its way to me.

I am interested in time dilation and mental expansion but I will write a report including any notable visuals.

Hope to do that this month.

Oh ya a little off track but 2C-T-2 which I eyeballed a dose using a toolless liquid method (WTF?) had EXTREME body load so after that experience (definitely sickly "body tripping" not much mind expansion there but who is really to blame? Scotto of Erowid didn't have much to say on it either if it counts but how far I digress) I think I can deal with it so long as I don't divide the amount being sent into equal piles thinking it is exactly the amount requested. I doubt it would be less though.

That Gemini 20 looks good even if unable to accurately measure down to single milligrams. One of the cheapy milligram scales on Amazon is supposedly 20 to 30 mg off and that is a huge problem for something like metocin.

Sorry if I sound like a bumbling loon I am still warming up.

Last edited:
I think the bodyload in general is fairly minimal when compared to many of the phenethylamines. 4-HO-MET just seems to have a strong come up, can be nauseating and unsettling in general. Once that's over the bodyhigh feels very nice imo and it'd surprise me if rough bodyloads is common.

I have a Gemini-20 and weigh anything that isn't super potent with it. It varies by +/- 2mg unless the batteries are low, for something like this that doesn't matter. I use it for all drugs, even stuff like DOC which is active at 2mg and where 3mg is WAY stronger. I do this using liquid measurement, I weigh 50mg which might be anywhere from 48 to 52mg, and dissolve it in 50mL of alcohol. Then I dose with an oral syringe. This divides the error across all the doses. 1mL could have between 48/50 = 0.96mg and 52/50 = 1.04mg, which is totally acceptable. You can do the same with any substance, though keeping tryptamines in liquid causes them to degrade quickly.

I find the come up quite intense with shivering, dizziness and a little anxiety. My guess is, if I split a dose in half and take it 10min apart, would that reduce the instant rocket launch?

If you smoke it, the come up is much easier.

Best to convert into a freebase using baking soda, though the salt can be smoked directly itself (better to do this with the hcl rather than the fumarate, though i will admit, i have smoked the fumerate salt many times).

Smoked 4-ho-met is awesome. The comeup is fast, short and easy. The whole thing is a full psychedelic experience in 90 minutes total with very little anxiety.

Never tried smoking a 4-sub tryptamine, sounds like it could be great though.

My 4-ho-met is a mixture with mannite. I dont think that I would smoke that. Next time I will split the oral dose and report back, if that does anything to the come up

Never tried smoking a 4-sub tryptamine, sounds like it could be great though.
I was skeptical about it but recently ordered 4-aco-dmt freebase and it worked surprisingly well. It was a pain to store, handle and weigh though as it becomes an oil at room temp. Do all the 4-subs become that messy when in freebase or are other ones more stable ?

Has anyone tried vaping a tryptamine salt dissolved in PG/VG? I can't remember what my metocin is, I think fumarate. For some reason I've just never invested in the kit required to properly "smoke" delicate tryptamines, maybe it's some subconscious bias about having something around which would also function as a crack pipe. But vaping seems somehow cleaner and is just so much more convenient anyway, technological hassles aside.

I've read a few reports that vaping DMT salts is quite possible and works quite well, so presumably the same would be expected of most substituted tryptamines?

Ill say this, unless you convert it into a freebase (sodium carbonate is preferable to bicarbonate) don't smoke the fumerate salt, my lungs resent me for it, ive done it many times. I did it recently at high dose and my lungs are still irritated, which is bad timing for this coronavirus nonsense.

Vaped 4-ho-met is great. Vape the hcl salt or convert the fumerate to a freebase. Heating sodium bicarbonate in a sauce pan (till the air bubbles stop bubbling) yields sodium carbonate fyi. Sodium bicarbonate still works though.