• The database table for Search and "New Messages" functionality is currently being rebuilt. Until it is completed, you may see empty or incomplete results for these.
  • Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MET Thread - Part 3 - 4-HO-ME's for life

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
tryptamines are the safest psychedelics you could go with.
(4-subs are. Just don't go eyeballing any 5-MeO-aMT, eh?)

Like Xorkoth said, I just preweigh. Twist my doses up into nice little Rizzla parachutes pouches and call it good.

Iodjini_dk

Bluelighter
For anyone interested I ended up splitting a pre-weighed amount in lines and sharing it with three others. So we did approx. 10-15 mg each (orally), which I found fitting for the situation. One of us ended up doing another dose of the same size a bit later since it was on the light side for him. I think the effects develop in a bit more phases than for other 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. The effects came on fast (15-20 min), but took around an hour to develop fully for me. Was roughly comparable to 1-1.5 grams of cubensis, yet quite distinct in its effect. I wont say Im overly impressed. Its probably the least interesting of the 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. But the dose was also moderate, so maybe I just need more next time. It was quite pleasant, however. I would do it again some time.

Anthem Acid

Bluelighter
In regards to this, might do some of this again tonight, but I have a bit of a problem. I did buy a scale that measures to the thousandths decimal (ya know, to get specific low weights), but because of certain circumstances, I don't have access to it.

My question, is, since I'm gonna have to use a normal scale that only measures to the hundredth, I'm wondering what the +/- is on the actual weight that your run of the mill scale shows. I'm definitely just going to attempt to weigh out 4 or 5 solid doses, so 60mg to 75mg (15mg a piece, mix it into alcohol). Honestly, I have multiple questions..

1) How accurate is the average scale when it comes to low numbers like 60 or 70mg's? I know a lot of them won't even begin to show anything is on the scale until it gets to 20 or 30mg, so I'm just curious.

2) What is the difference between a dose of say, 15mg and a dose of 25 mg's? Just in case the scale is off?

Obviously, I wouldn't be doing this if I just had to weigh out some for me and another person. i'm only using a lesser scale because I know I'll need to weigh out multiple doses, and i know most scales can tell you *in the ballpark*.

Cheers, gang! Thanks for any help.

So, uh, this did not go as planned.

I didn't end up doing any the day of this post, but we decided yesterday to do some. Here's what went down.

I took the advice I was given to put something with actual weight on the scale and then add to that with the MET. That's what I did. I thought, just to be safe, go on the the lower end of the spectrum. I wanted us to do around 20mg's, and there was 4 of us. But instead of weighing out 80-ish mg's, I weighed out 70-ish. Measured the liquid (OJ), tossed it in the cup and stirred vigorously.

First, the body load was just as bad as last time. Within 5 or 10 minutes, it was a chore for me not to throw up. My buddy was in a similar situation, but he probably got it worse.

Now here's where things got scary, I would say maybe 15 minutes after ingestion, I (all of us) was tripping harder than I've tripped in years. Full on visual distortion, morphing, sound manipulation, dream like state, full body high, trouble walking, etc. I would equate it to how I felt the time I got my hands on some extremely potent gel tabs. Those also kicked in almost immediately. But the thing was, this was scarier than hell. Clearly, the measurement had to be off my at the very least 10 to 15 mg's. At the very least. But as you know, I was thinking it was far worse than that. My mind was too far gone 20 minutes in to be even kind of rational. I was holding on for dear life. Thankfully, my experience took over and I was able to ease my mind. But for about 3 hours, we tripped HARD. Much harder than we did on 20+mg's of 4-aco-mipt. Much harder than the first time we did MET. Much harder than when we take our usual hit of 105 ug acid. Like I said, for the first hour, I would equate it to those gel tabs, which I would imagine were probably 200 to 300ug's. I'm not shitting you. This was big boy tripping.

When we all got ahold of ourselves, it was fun as hell, but man oh man. I can't be risking it with these shitty scales. I'm gonna need to buy a good new scale. Because this was dangerous. Thank God I planned on low balling us.

lamanogaucha

Bluelighter
Yes, invest on a good scale. The "add something to the platter prior to measuring" method is also useful with such scales and you'll get additional accuracy. I use the parachute paper and then add the substance to it. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things worked out well in the end. Stay safe.

Waxworth

Bluelighter
Hey, trying to find information on 4-ho-met's legal status in Texas. I looked at the 2020 Schedules of Controlled Substances at Texas.gov
and am having difficulty deciphering whether this is in fact covered. Other than, says alot about isomers. Now I don't see any 4-ho's or acetyls, although psilocin is listed.
I don't remember seeing the chemical's name,4-hydroxy-N,N-ethyl-methyltryptamine, although it might be easy to miss, since much of it is listed with some chemical names not having an abreviated short hand.
Is this final proof of legality in texas or is there some other documents that might have it listed. Also is this an isomer in some way to whats being scheduled.

mdx92129

Bluelighter
I'm not quite sure how these 'Big and Dandy' threads work, but might as well insert something in to here. 4-HO-MET used to be my favourite tryptamine for some time, the tryptaminergic body load was the creme de la creme for me, as though my legs felt the same muscular strains as my bladder does when you need to urinate, I loved it. A dose of around 15mg insufflated was usually enough to add a philosophical tinge to the evening, although my tolerance built up rapidly. After about 3 weeks of bi-weekly dosing, 24mg orally did practically nothing apart from mild mydriasis and some pleasant oceanic contentedness. Don't get me started on the taste, I loved that too. The mildly caustic powder palpating its way through my nasal cavity felt quite pleasant. I would say it's mostly indistinguishable from psilocybin-containing fungi or 4-AcO-DMT at moderate doses, perhaps one day I will be able to sample some of the more exotic tryptamines from Shulgin's pharmacopeia, but for now, they're merely a dream.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
For real? There was some guy here for a while claiming that at 100+mg, possibly IV, it was indistinguishable, which I can believe, but at least up to 50mg I am very confident I can distinguish them easily.
4-AcO-DMT is quite different to psilocybin too for me, especially in higher doses.

One thing I do not like about 4-HO-MET, is how it drops off so sharply in intensity after like 3 hours? Anyone here that can relate to this? Other tryptamines are always much more gradual for me. Hate the drip too, just wanna say I'm not intentionally disagreeing with you =D the drop in effects is the main thing I wanted to say, 4-AcO-MET seems to 'suffer' less from it as well.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: F&TV, PD
Staff member
One thing I do not like about 4-HO-MET, is how it drops off so sharply in intensity after like 3 hours? Anyone here that can relate to this?
Yeah it's very short lived; my old roommate passed out three hours into a trip once and left me all alone lol, it lasts a bit longer for me. I also have idiosyncratic reactions to this one though.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
Passing out would be a stretch hahah =D but it really does feel like going from a +++/++ to a + in like 10 minutes. I could be wrong, it's been a while (maybe two years) since I last took it, but it's how I remember this drug and precisely the reason I haven't dabbled again

mdx92129

Bluelighter
For real? There was some guy here for a while claiming that at 100+mg, possibly IV, it was indistinguishable, which I can believe, but at least up to 50mg I am very confident I can distinguish them easily.
4-AcO-DMT is quite different to psilocybin too for me, especially in higher doses.

One thing I do not like about 4-HO-MET, is how it drops off so sharply in intensity after like 3 hours? Anyone here that can relate to this? Other tryptamines are always much more gradual for me. Hate the drip too, just wanna say I'm not intentionally disagreeing with you =D the drop in effects is the main thing I wanted to say, 4-AcO-MET seems to 'suffer' less from it as well.
I found its duration quite short too, I could take it at around 8pm and get to bed at around 4am (my usual bed time, or at least it was), sometimes even earlier if the odd benzodiazepine was lurking about.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
I found its duration quite short too, I could take it at around 8pm and get to bed at around 4am (my usual bed time, or at least it was), sometimes even earlier if the odd benzodiazepine was lurking about.
I see yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but just a little disappointing when you're having a lot of fun :)

For what it's worth, to me 4-HO-MiPT is quite similar in purpose but generally superior, if you're allowed to say that, in effects.

Bella Figura

Bluelight Crew
Haven't done 4-HO-MET for maybe 3 years now, but I recall the last time I did it with my ex, we both noticed the sudden apparent drop off in effects, I knew we were still tripping but she felt like she'd sobered up and suggested we smoke a joint. After getting ridiculously stoned the visuals seemed to kick back in and I was watching purple electrical fields emanating from her head whilst she came to terms with the fact we were probably still gonna be pretty high for a little while longer.

abc1986

Bluelighter
It's been 3 weeks since I did anything psychedelic so...

I took 450mg dxm at 185lb, then 20mg 4-ho-met 2hr after dosing the dex and it was a psychedelic experience I guess.... but it was so cold, devoid of any warmth, meaning, or value. No euphoria, just confusion, coldness, emotional distance, and numbness were taken to its greatest extremes. Things that should be fantastic, bizarre, and wild were turned cold, confusing, and voided Visuals weren't patterned enough to meld, shift, shimmer, or do any patterns, it's just what I saw was confusion. Like... it was the inability to identify patterns that caused confusion. The confusion wasn't scary it was just a distant and cold confusion. I watched a couple of movies and they had music and plots and stuff but I had no concept of music, plots, and stuff or even what an "is" is at times. I have to think hard to even remember the titles of the movies much less remember the movies themelves not that they matter in this experience, just to say the meaning and value of everything brought before me was dessicated, turned to confusion and then made cold and devoid of any feeling, warmth, or connection.

But there was intense immersion in movies, that is intense immersion into the making of everything there cold, confused, hollow, and null.

I simply existed with no understanding of anything in total confusion in a state of physical and emotional numbness at the peak.

I listened to music and watched visualizers and I saw the typical psychedelic stuff but it all felt so distant, cold, voidless, w/out meaning, context, or anything... Just random sounds and sights devoid of anything with merit. No fear, no apprehension, no calm, no euphoria, just.. weirdness.

At one point I was standing in my room in some weird pose without any realization how I got there with a severely warped sense of depth perception both in sight (lilliputian hallucinations) and feel or why I was there and I think the only reason I had any realization of an "I" at all was because there was a dog licking my foot. Granted, I only had the slightest inkling of what a 'dog' 'is' since I hardly had anymore understanding of what an "I" is much less a "human" is lol. I remember myself saying aloud and hearing it back in the 3rd person, "what is doggy???" In the most sincere, earnest way of asking that question expecting an answer back and in a flash like I'd been given a religious vision I understood!!! "Doggy wants me to open door" and without a will of my own my hand opens the door for her not that I even understood that hand is that which is of me Like WTF LOL It's hard to understand and recognize the meaning, significiance, and existence of an autonomous entity separate from yourself (aka "doggy") when your "self" is unknowingly and uncaringly fragmented into separate consciousnesses each doing their own thinkings and lost in their own mind's eyes like in a cold alien's dream that's somehow your own waking dream but you can't put your finger on why it's your dream or even what you are. But there was no passion, euphoria, or meaning, or connection to anything while this was happening! It was just all so distant... foreign... far... and away...... It was... so.. so... cold

Not depressing or scary just... very unpleasant nevertheless. Like wtf kinda trip is this LOL. It's t-9hr after initial dex dosing and sentences, words, and lines are still flowing, ebbing, contracting and expanding and I see color shadows behind the letters and my emotionality is so hollow and void i'm creeping myself out but it's okay b/c it's coming back and I am able to laugh at myself a little now from this experience :). Well... at least I know what letters are at this point. They're not just cold diffuse random curves and lines devoid of meaning that are just there to confuse and disorient me! :D Yay! I'm past that phase :D

I don't think I'll be touching the dissociatives + psychedelics again soon to say the least. I look forward to when I have some 5-meo-mipt coming in soon to combine with this one :) The 5-meo-mipt is such the oppositve of a dissociative I think it'll be a delight after this trip that was just coldness and confusion :D

I'm really dissappointed... I thought the 4-ho-met would give me crazy visuals and euphoria combined with the robo. Not at all what I got. In the past dxm has been fantastic when mixed with morning glory seeds and lsd. Like I mean... couldn't I just have a normal bad trip like being taken to hell and back or some such instead of just this bizarre frozen weirdness :D

Last edited:

ecstacylover

Bluelighter
The 5-meo-mipt is such the oppositve of a dissociative I think it'll be a delight after this trip that was just coldness and confusion :D
I'll resonate with that. Used 5-MeO-MiPT a few times over the past couple months and then I used ketamine a few days ago. I kept wishing I was on 5-MeO-MiPT instead, its clarity and euphoria is so refreshing. It seems like anymore dissos just make me feel retarded, although I guess they kind of always did that, I just don't find it as enjoyable as I used to.

I actually did combine DXM with 4-AcO-MET a long time ago, and I remember it being quite weird, although I don;'t think the doses were that high. I did used to have some awesome times on the combo of MXE and 2C-B though.

Boognish

Bluelighter
Has anyone combined this with LSD? I’m thinking of taking a solid dose just after a strong acid peak but while still going strong.

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
For anyone interested I ended up splitting a pre-weighed amount in lines and sharing it with three others. So we did approx. 10-15 mg each (orally), which I found fitting for the situation. One of us ended up doing another dose of the same size a bit later since it was on the light side for him. I think the effects develop in a bit more phases than for other 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. The effects came on fast (15-20 min), but took around an hour to develop fully for me. Was roughly comparable to 1-1.5 grams of cubensis, yet quite distinct in its effect. I wont say Im overly impressed. Its probably the least interesting of the 4-substituted tryptamines Ive tried. But the dose was also moderate, so maybe I just need more next time. It was quite pleasant, however. I would do it again some time.

4homet shines in doses above 25mg.
Lower doses are quite generic and bland.

But att higher doses it gets crazy af!
Extremely visual and just bonkers.

Its not very deep or mystical like 4acodmt, more light hearted and hedonistic.

I def prefer 4acodmt to 4homet, however they are quite different.
4homet would probably be very nice att a rave.

Boognish

Bluelighter
70mgs + 5G psilocybin mushrooms = I am aware of a premordial, spiritual, webbed-like mycelium network.ov wisdom... a purple lattice nexus network of knowledge
beams of infibite love rainbows enter the deepest parts of my maybe dead soul.. love and wisdom… that I asked for, comes in waves of non-time based linear pellets of love light and unending ultimate peace… windlowsopen showing me Multifaceted prism beings of ultimate reflection and the purest, ever encompassing white light/love I, but also I feel are guarding the inner sanctum of the nexus reserved for only the purest high school lunch ladies that let you skip $ maybe once or twice when you were dead inside and life was not cool ,,, oops sorry tangents , and spiraks of love light are. Taking me away slowly from this trach8ng lesson nom. I love every on3 of you glorious humans