Subthreads:

bluelightrule_orange.png

Relevant Threads:

bluelightrule_orange.png

Previous Threads:

Previous Posts from Previous Thread to carry over our topic:

That´s very true!!

QFT X INFINITY

It's really fucking fun.... until it's REALLLY REALLLLLLLLLLY FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Psychedelics provide something more than the hedonism of opioids or the focus of stimulants. If you have a good experience it's not just for the short euphoria... they change something about you, and it's usually always a good thing.

Set and setting my friends, though I admit I've done them when I was bored, by myself and not in the best of moods and I've never had a bad trip. *shrug* Some people just have different reactions: some psychotic, some overwhelmingly profound (go check out Xorkoth's ibogaine experience which freed him from those nasty opioids), and some find them unsettling and scary. Hell some find them all of the above (and then some people even like that!)

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow... got 200ug AL-LAD and plenty of the titled stuff! TGIF (in 50 minutes).

I'm not in the greatest mood so forgive me if I come off as rude. Of course some compounds are easy going and leave the option of irresponsible dosing, while others will kick the fuck out of you. There's a huge amount of psychedelics in the spectrum of human consumption, and a range as to how forgiving or teaching/rough they are.

4-AcO-DMT, and any variation of DMT actually, are in my opinion the least forgiving, most brutal, and in your face psychedelics (given, I haven't tried DPT). They will beat your ass into line if you don't take them for the right reasons. My worst trips have always been with mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT. This isn't a compound you take for fun. If you're looking for light-hearted psychedelia try an MET.

RESPECT DMT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-DMT, etc

Interesting enough some 4-ACO-MET I just saw available. May have to grab a tiny bit for comparison.

hi, no this was perfectly polite :)

ok, good to know. with mushroom, I always respect them and get the setting perfect, or I dont do it. I am new with 4 aco dmt, and so I didnt thought it was that important, and the dose was very small. it was not a bad trip, but it was definitely not a good trip either lol.

woudl you say 4 aco det is more forgiving?
I will try to get a MET.
I have 4 aco det and 5 meo mipt, are those two more forgiving?

And further talk of tryptamines compared, feel free to expand on that..

Last edited:
You cut off my reply to murphythecat's last comment :/

I snorted 4-aco-DMT last night for the first time, I couldn't really tell you whether or not it worked better or worse than oral. It was awesome though. Any idea on the bioavailability of each ROA for this substance.

I snorted 4-aco-DMT last night for the first time, I couldn't really tell you whether or not it worked better or worse than oral. It was awesome though. Any idea on the bioavailability of each ROA for this substance.

SONN; in 2013 (summer-fall) I was doing oral 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate from 10-26 mg. Summer and fall this year I am doing nasal 4-AcO-DMT.fumarate from 10-20 mg (so far).

What I've noted so far:

-oral takes 25-60 minutes to start, and about 45-75 minutes to peak (on an empty stomach). Substance dissolved in water and added to a slug of diet soda (1 oz) (n 15)
-nasal takes 5-10 minutes to start and 20-40 minutes to peak and lasts 40-75% of the length of an oral trip (n 12)

Both have their positives and negatives

Oral seems stronger, but causes me stomach upset unless I preload with ranitidine. Lasts longer. I have to dose on an empty stomach to get predictable effects.
Nasal seems weaker, but starts faster and fishiness quicker. Little or non stomach discomfort. Can eat regularly and still have predictable effects.

Overall I feel nasal is a better delivery (for me), but weaker. I'm ok with the lessened effects and don't intend to go beyond 30 mg nasal (or the same amount oral).

Tom

How accurate are the erowid dosage guidelines on this? It says 25 mg is a strong trip, equating it to 5 grams of shrooms. Obviously it's a different drug with a different character, but is that approximately accurate? Comparing different substances is hard obviously, but I feel like you can make rough comparisons. As an example I'd say 3.5 g of shrooms was comparable to 450 ug of AL-LAD for me, in terms of intensity.

Oral is better imo

How accurate are the erowid dosage guidelines on this? It says 25 mg is a strong trip, equating it to 5 grams of shrooms. Obviously it's a different drug with a different character, but is that approximately accurate? Comparing different substances is hard obviously, but I feel like you can make rough comparisons. As an example I'd say 3.5 g of shrooms was comparable to 450 ug of AL-LAD for me, in terms of intensity.

It's hard to say considering the different purities of batches going around, let alone the different potencies of shrooms due to growing techniques, possible degradation, etc. I'd say 5g=25mg probably isn't far off if you're considering really pure 4-AcO-DMT, but the times I've had it it's been more like 3.5g=22-30mg. I'd estimate for 5g, but I've never taken that many shrooms, even though I've gone up to 95mg of 4-AcO-DMT.

It's funny, as I thought about what a more accurate dosage conversion would be, I realized that my image of the two's potencies is probably off. As the shroom trip I always equate with the thought "an eighth can make you break through," was with penis envys, which are stronger than "regular" shrooms. And the 4-AcO-DMT I got a couple years back was probably not as pure as I thought, as even 7mg of my 4-aco-met now can throw me into an experience much stronger than 7mg of my 4-AcO-DMT back in the day did. But now I'm realizing that those low dosages recently have all been with MXE too... Christ, this turned out to be the educational post from hell.

But still.

I really wanna take this on a hike in the desert :) I think i'll be doing that with my little brother. I'll probably take 30mg and watch the sunrise/sunset from a mountain ridge <3 maybe visit an amethyst mine nearby.

I've read through about 50% of the big and dandy threads about 4-Aco-DMT on bluelight. What I'm most interested in is that often brought up discussion about people noticing the change in the effects received/perceived due to possible degradation of the product or overuse of the drug. Has there been any general consensus reached on the matter? I ordered 10 grams of beautiful white 4-Aco-DMT about 2.5 years ago with a friend. I did a lot of it over a period of just over a year. I'd say about 25 times over a period of 400 days. There were a good number of beautiful trips, a few really interesting ones and the rest were just a lot of fun with no negative body load or unwanted side effects. My friend moved away and I let him have most of what we had left and just asked for about 250 mg, since I planned on ordering another batch. The new batch that I ordered was a slightly tan in colour and produced a lot more body load and anxiety. So I just stopped using that, and did a few more trips with the original batch, which produced great, euphoric trips with little to no bodyload. I stopped using 4-Aco-DMT for about a year then re-visited it using the original batch (which really wasn't stored very well. A single large zip-lock bag. The product was still mostly white, and completely dry. But when I took it, there was body-load like I've never experienced before. All of my previous trips have been between 30 mg -45 mg of the fumurate. This latest trip was with 30 mg. My legs got incredibly crampy, I experience some nausea, and just a general sense of feeling not well. I almost never experience side effects like this. I can do tons of 2C-E or 2C-T-2...or whatever is famous for unpleasant side effects - feeling great. There hasn't been a change in my health or mental state since my first trip with 4-Aco-DMT and my latest so I don't think that's an issue.

There was one positive to the trip that I haven't experienced to this degree on any other drug. My sense of taste was elevated like crazy. I was snacking on whatever seemed delicious to me at the time - plums, prunes, dried seaweed, fruit candy, fancy potato chips, nuts. It was orgasmic, and everything tasted 10 times better than they should have. I was literally panting with my eyes rolling to the back of my head while munching down. That was about 2 hours in, and may explain the nausea. But man, my legs hurt so badly that I could barely walk for about 45 minutes. And I felt like puking, which I've never had to do during a psychedelic experience. It this just set and setting? I know that some people have postulated that people taking the brown oily goo degradation product might have their trip affected simply because in their mind the product looks horrible. But I was expecting a great trip like the ones that I had previously from this batch, which until now had been batting a 100.

Opinions anybody?

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to try this substance and read a lot through the existing threads which made me wonder about the dosage like many people do.

I have 25mg but since I have not tripped for a few years I don't want to have a really intense experience, more like a medium trip.
I know that is pretty impossible to gauge but from my research I will go with 20mg max. More likely 15-18mg. ROA would be oral and a mg-scale is at hand.

Now you all know this "don't want to waste material but also don't want to have my ego dissolved" conundrum and basically I just need some confirmation on my plan :)
If the peak is a little underwhelming one can always add some Cannabis or even N2O for a boost, if one is familiar with how these affect a trip...

Thoughts?

Be careful with adding nitrous. I've personally experienced a trip going bad from nitrous and seen it happen to others. It's great on the tail end of the trip, bringing back the psychedelia and extending the duration a bit. But near the peak it can be risky.

Always find it weird that people are hesitant to do N2O and cannabis during a peak.....I love to ingest as much as possible during my peaks.....talk about making the experience INTENSE!

How long does nitrous bring back the psychedelia for? The effects of nitrous on it's own are only a few minutes, right? I'll have to try that next time I'm tripping.

Nitrous lasts longer for me when I'm on weed or psychedelics. I'd give you an estimate of how much longer, but given the nature of the substances involved that seems pretty pointless. :) Next time I'll time it, I'm curious now.

Huh. You're right. I just tried some nitrous on the tail end of a dmt trip. It's the most I've enjoyed nitrous. I don't really like it much in the first place, but this time it was pretty cool.

Always find it weird that people are hesitant to do N2O and cannabis during a peak.....I love to ingest as much as possible during my peaks.....talk about making the experience INTENSE!

some people choose to use psychedelics, but not N2O, or cannabis for that matter.

i have never tried nitrous oxide, and don't plan to. and although i smoke cannabis daily (a habitual vice of mine), i usually try not to smoke until after the peak of my psychedelic trips...or until i am comfortable with the intensity and decide to "risk it" and smoke anyways.

sometimes a psychedelic trip is strong enough on its own, and feels so "clean" that it need not be muddled by the addition of other drugs.

for some people, cannabis can produce anxiety, which can obviously be more of a burden when tripping.

Recently did a trip with 10 mg +/- 2 of psilacetin combined with 10 mg +/-2 of miprocin. Interspersed throughout with some good indica to smooth things out, or give a boost as required.
Absolutely beautiful substance, and the two complemented each other very nicely. The slightly more sedate come up of the psilacetin served to balance out the more energetic come up of
the miprocin. I will be trying these two again and titrating the dosages up. At this level I found them to be a nice introduction.

I normally take 40mg orally but I've gone as high as 60mg.
It's a very smooth, clean-feeling and somewhat sedating psychedelic with pretty much no body load. It kicks in very quickly (I always feel it after 15-30 minutes) and it's very happy and giggly.
IME the overall experience is reminiscent of mushrooms, but more refined.

I find 4-AcO-DMT to feel just like smoked DMT (in visual quality, body feeling, and general head feeling as well as the high-frequency buzzing of DMT), but not as intense and much slower. But only for the first half. The second half feels a lot like the second half of mushrooms, post-peak. I much prefer mushrooms or pure 4-HO-DMT but 4-AcO-DMT is also a great psychedelic. I find the first half to be quite stoning and scattered (I also find DMT to be scattered so your results may vary, as I believe I am in the minority on that)... I can't think of words very well and I feel strange and unable to communicate. Then in the second half I feel great and jovial and communicative.