• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

I really like 2C-I as well. I generally don't find it very deep but I have had really surprising moments on it. The visual effects are very interesting. Everything appears very fuzzy and warm. Size distorts. I seem to have people experience contact highs quite often (which is also mentioned in PiHKAL). The strangest effect I have had from it reminded me of a trip report on Erowid I have read since. I noticed once I hit the peak that around the corners of my vision, I could see energy forms all over my apartment, moving around, approaching or moving away from me, or even staying up. But every time I moved my gaze, two distinct shapes like hands, but as invisible energy fields (I saw them as shimmering outlines like heat shimmers), crossed down from above and covered my vision, like hands were covering my eyes and blocking this new sight. But I started looking at things out of my peripheral because the hands weren't blocking that, and I noticed an energy field that looked like a 7 year old little bot, who was shyly approaching me, and I told him it was okay and then he moved close to me to hang out, I suppose. Then in the doorway I saw a stern, middle-aged man, just watching over us.

The next morning I was hanging out with my girlfriend at the time, and she casually asked me if I had ever seen spirits in our apartment. I asked if she had, and she proceeded to tell me about a 7 year old little boy and a stern-faced middle aged man who seems to just be watching over us and the little boy. Then a bit later, we told the little boy that he could come hang out with us, and then the cats started watching a spot in the middle of the air and the spot they were looking at got closer and closer, and once it reached the room we were in, we heard thumps on the floor like footsteps and then a *wham* we could actually feel on the floor next to us.

That experience has stuck with me, it was pretty crazy and I don't know how else to explain it than 2C-I was making me see something real.

^ On my 3rd or 4th time on 2C-I, on a relatively high dose (36mg), I had a momentary vision of being surrounded by a group of people(?) wearing hooded cloaks, one of whom said "We have always been here with you". But it was a purely mental experience, I didn't hear any actual noises or anything in my apartment. (Maybe I need to get some feline ghost detectors :))

I noticed quite a few entities but I redosed many times and did not sleep that night at all so I contributed it to the shadow people and DXM also consumed lol..

Seems like a great drug all around though, although the headspace could surely be deeper but that seems to be a pattern with 2C-x drugs

Whoah xorkoth that sounds both freaky and beautiful at the same time! I feel left out, everyones meeting the 2c-i beings but me :(... Maybe my house has to be filled with spirits before I'm allowed access to that dimension, I can tell you it's not... I tend to spend my trips alone in a pitch black room and every once in a while I will get a feeling like I'm not alone and when this happens I say "manifest yourself!" and sadly it has never been more than a sense or feeling of another prescence. I've always been into ghosts and the spirit world and while most would approach them with fear as long as the prescence felt benevolent I would approach them the same way you have, spirits need tove too ;)

Hey bluelighters, I have a question!
I have just been put on penicillin for an infection in my toe. I've been planning to drop a capsule of ~25mg of 2c-i this weekend though. I take 660mg phenoxymethylpenicillin 3 times a day. Would there be any adverse reactions between my penicillin and the 2c-i?

^ there likely wouldn't be a direct interaction between the penicillin and the 2C-I, but be cautioned that 2C-I does cause lessened blood flow to your extremities (vasoconstriction) which could cause complications with the infection.

Seems like a great drug all around though, although the headspace could surely be deeper but that seems to be a pattern with 2C-x drugs

Except for 2C-E, that one has one of the deepest headspaces I have ever encountered.

^ 2c-d at high doses caught me off guard with it's depth. I took 60mgs in a horrible environment (DnB party with a bunch of drunk folk) with the mentality that it was "tofu", phew that was a very difficult trip, LOT's of introspection... good stuff, just requires alot of material and ther for costs quite a bit. Also t-2 is pretty deep as well. I would agree though that 2c-e is without a doubt the most psychedelic of all phens I've tried, quite visual as well but it doesn't come without a price (heavy bodyload).

i've had some pretty deep trips with 2C-I... but for true introspection i had to take 30mg+

30mg+ is pretty rough on the body, though, only do it if you're sure you're physically up for it

I've taken 2c-i in doses of up to 50mgs (30-50mgs was the range I stuck to) and have never had a single trippy thought, for me the substance was purely recreational. It's visuals are very attractive and "twisted"... I loved 2c-i but it just got too stimulating at worthwhile doses. I wish I had access to this stuff, I kinda miss it now that this thread was revived. It caused me some serious lasting visuals though when I used it two days in a row, this has been reported by a few other people as well.

^ how much time did you space between your doses? could tolerance have been an issue?

I would dose every week to every other week until I burned through 250mgs (besides the one time where I dosed 2 days in a row, which like I said caused some issues therefor wasn't repeated), tolerance wasn't an issue however it should be said that I'm a real phen hardhead. 50mgs of 2c-i with no tolerance is a low/med +++, still fully functional. I felt like I would be able to push the dose higher if it wasn't for the stimulation, it was just too much at high doses.

Wow, 50mg without tolerance? You are a hardhead! For me, 22mg is the upper limit, even at 22mg the stimulation is a bit intense. How much 2C-E do you require out of curiosity?

Last edited:
2c-e is a whole 'nother game, I don't push this one as far as I would other 2c's... 25mgs is a solid +++ though I've taken 30mgs twice however that dose was a bit too high IMO. The first time I took 2c-i was 20mgs oral with a 5mg nasal booster (ouch!!!) and that trip was super underwhelming, like a plus 1 1/2. 2c-c is another chem that I really need.to push to get worthwhile effects, 40mgs was threshold however 80mgs was a solid +++, very reminiscent of DOC (especially the cool colored visuals) though many disagree... When it comes to tryptamines though I'm "average", 25mgs of metocin or psilacetin is plenty enough, as is something like 10mgs of oral moxy.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to read through this whole thread. Just read the last page here. =) (Plus it's hard to sift through so many posts looking for specific info.) Sounds like you guys have a Lot of experience. What's a good starting dose for 2C-I? I'm only getting a small amount of this so I want to be efficient with it (two 100 mg sacks). Is there a steep dose response curve? Good for social settings? And I'm wondering if this can be combined with 4 ho trypts? Sorry for the noob questions.

Many thanks.

2C-I is good starting at maybe 16mg. The dose-response curve is steep above that. 18mg is a solid trip, and 20mg is strong. People take it higher than that too, I found 22mg a bit much. People respond differently but I'd say that's a good guide. If you try 16 or 18mg and it's not strong enough, go up by 2mg the next time.

It will mix with 4-HO-trypts I think, I haven't tried that specifically though. I know 2C-B combines wonderfully with them. I could imagine 2C-I working too. I'd try to experience a solid 2C-I trip on its own first though, before you try combining a second psychedelic.

2C-I is a pretty good social drug. It makes you feel pretty good and happy usually, but it also has a definite psychedelic edge. I've had uncomfortable moments socially with it but also a lot of really good times.

Captain Kratom, have you tried more than one batch of 2C-I? Or was the product lab analyzed?

Ah, thanks again Xorkoth! You just gave me more precious info for some good times. I'll definitely be doing just that. =)

Though I do plan to start at 16mg, I'm just wondering how much higher I should take it after that. I've been reading about overstimulation on this one, but I actually like that and perceive it as an extreme body high (much like I perceive crashes/comedowns as being a little high but at least not sober, which was the plan all along). But did you yourself find any body load on that 22mg trial? Or was it something else? Sorry I'm using you as a guide, lol. I'm really grateful though, thank you sir!

You're welcome. :) I found some bodyload at 22mg, for sure, but not terrible. The main thing was that my brain felt overstimulated... like it was hard to focus on things, hard to be fully comfortable.

Ah okay, I'll keep that in mind. I probably won't go up that high for awhile, as I plan to mix this with a trypt after the first trial. I think I read of both, around threshold, is best. But if 22mg hits you hard, I probably won't be able to handle it. Cool, and take care. =)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: