• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC-O Megathread

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
A while ago I made about 2 grams of THC-O-Acetate from decarb'd and isomerizerized budder. I followed the tek on skunk pharm except instead of acetic anhydride I used glacial acidic acid which I had read on a couple sources that it works as well. The yield was lower than the budder was originally but it was much more potent.

Basically the tek I used was I dissolved the budder in naphtha and then added it to a pyrex beaker with water in it. Then drop wise I added HCL (30%), one drop per gram of BHO and then added the acidic acid drop wise at 2ml per gram of budder. I put it in a double boiler and cooked it for 1 hour at 80*C with a cover over the pyrex dish. I then separated the naphtha from the water and let it evap. What was left was a tar like substance that was very hard to work with. Apparently its 2x - 3x times stronger than THC ands more psychedelic which after vaping a pin head amount off a piece of tin foil I was extremely high and having intense closed eye visuals. Apparently during the 60's it was researched as an incapacitating agent in the fleetwood arsenal project in the US, I can see why.

Anyone think this stuff is worth pursuing? I mean I can easily make it but would anyone want it? Like even as a way to just say ohhh I've done a THC analogue woooo.

Sorry to bump such an oldie having a helluva time searching THC-O stuff anyways someone on reddit said one of the vape carts by a popular net brand of such things today will not disclose obv like it is a well kept hush puppy to begin with gave them the giggles which I have not experienced that I can recall vividly except it does if I combine it with an acid...blotter.

I am using some now I guess they are not sure if you should vape it because it is acetylated/ized? However they aren't sure yet hence I got two cartridges of it but next order I am getting just distillate in a syringe without a needle.

From my experience so far:

Pros:
- More euphoric (almost narcotic type euphoria)
- Clear headed high
- Zero anxiety, dizziness or thought loops
- More psychedelic and has a different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities
- Amazing sleep
- All the other good effects of cannabis

Neutral:
- Can be very sedating, but also less "stoney"
- Longer duration
- Takes longer to reach effect (20-30 min when vaped)

Cons:
- Tolerance builds much more rapidly than d9 (likely due to higher affinity and duration)
- Possibly not safe to vape
- Not much data on general safety profile

THC-O feels slightly different than THC (in a good way IMO) and almost has a narcotic like euphoria to it which I enjoyed greatly. I had a fairly high tolerance before trying it so it's hard to gauge it's true potency.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ BINOIDS BRAND
is cut with MCT oil and is this causing reports of lung pain/heaviness after vaping Binoids brand products. The safety of vaping MCT oil is unknown. AVOID BINOID BRAND.
###############

After playing around with it today I think I have a good feel for it. This stuff is amazing. On par with d9 if not better - it just feels different. It slowly comes on over 15-30 minutes when vaped and lasts a least 5+ hours. The latter part of the high being more sedating and calming. The first few hours were stimulating, euphoric and somewhat psychedelic (I have tolerance)

Its much less "stoning" than d9. It's very clearheaded, psychedelic and stimulating but there is no anxiety or dizziness or cough at all!

It has a particularly different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities.

Yes in some ways it feels more potent than d9-THC, but in other ways less.

Last edited:
Do you have a percentage on the content? The carts I've seen are cut with D8 and the distillate for this stuff is currently going for over 10 times that of D8.

Anyway, from what I understand both delta 8 and thc-o-acetate are synthetically made from a derivative of hemp. The major difference is that delta 8 is a known and proven phytocannabinoid (meaning it exists in the plant naturally) and thc-o-acetate isn't. This is a very debatable topic however and it leads directly into the discussion of the legality of both these products.

Do you have a percentage on the content? The carts I've seen are cut with D8 and the distillate for this stuff is currently going for over 10 times that of D8.

Anyway, from what I understand both delta 8 and thc-o-acetate are synthetically made from a derivative of hemp. The major difference is that delta 8 is a known and proven phytocannabinoid (meaning it exists in the plant naturally) and thc-o-acetate isn't. This is a very debatable topic however and it leads directly into the discussion of the legality of both these products.
It does not list any purity or content. It cost just a bit more than the d8 carts I buy. Bought at a vape shop.

I took one small hit 1/3rd the hits I usually take. Very very potent stuff.

I don't think its cut with d8 because there was zero lung burn or taste, ridiculously smooth.

This stuff is crazy good!

20210803-121917-COLLAGE.jpg

It does not list any purity or content. It cost just a bit more than the d8 carts I buy. Bought at a vape shop.

I took one small hit 1/3rd the hits I usually take. Very very potent stuff.

I don't think its cut with d8 because there was zero lung burn or taste, ridiculously smooth.

This stuff is crazy good!
Their website claims 92% purity but I didn't find any labs to go with that claim. From what I hear, it's looks more stable than d8 so it should stay a clear color for longer. I've also heard others claim how smooth it is comparatively.

There's like no data on this stuff yet.

I'm high as fuck off my baby hit... I don't even know how long this high will last lmao

I'm guessing 2x as long as THC

It feels like THC but more euphoric, more psychedelic and ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING INSANELY GOOD
Time magazine just printed an article on delta 8, which is barely more known about than this stuff. It give a good explanation of the current legal areas we are in and why it seems so weird ---

THC-O + D8 is an amazing complimentary combo!!! It's like peanut butter and jelly!!

Wow! Buying more d8 to go with it!!

WOW 😳

I seem to have developed a significant tolerance overnight. Hmm.

But damn this stuff is very euphoric and very functional to go to work on!! Super clear headed, not slow.

We need some in house chemists to help me figure out what this crap is doing to my and thousands of other's lungs 🫁

The little reports that I can find all complain about it

Interesting, the heroin of THC 🤔

Where are these people getting the necessary acetic anhydride to get this or can it be made with glacial acetic acid 🤔

Any vinegar like smell or taste?
No it's almost tasteless, there are some terps in there but it doesn't taste like anything really.

It has a neutral PG or VG like taste

One guy on Reddit said "all of the brands" cause chest pain

Idk man I'm not putting that stuff in my lungs again any time soon