• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS TDS social thread vs follow the yellow brick road

Oz: The Great and Powerful was awesome! I'm glad I saw it in 3D in the theater and I look forward to watching it again when it comes out on DVD. I'm a *huge* Wizard of Oz fan (my mother raised me to be :)) and I had doubts about this movie, but I ended up loving it.

i have a dvd screener of it on my hard drive. will prob watch it on my next day off.. it looks like a good movie

^It really is :)

skillz, I have no idea what the difference between 3D and IMAX3D is. I was trying to figure that out when I was looking up showtimes for it. I think the IMAX might have better sound quality, but I imagine there's more to it than just that. I ended up just seeing it in 3D instead of IMAX3D because the time worked better for me.

It's good to see you back here, love. :) <3

Wow I just found out that, schizophrenia and being thin are probably sort of genetically linked. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...le-overdose-chromosomes-lead-underweight.html

Pretty much everyone who I've met who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia but doesn't take medication that makes you gain weight, such as anti-psychotics, is thinner than the general population (I'm sure there are exceptions to this though!). Seems like something I should research more...

Wow I just found out that, schizophrenia and being thin are probably sort of genetically linked. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...le-overdose-chromosomes-lead-underweight.html

Pretty much everyone who I've met who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia but doesn't take medication that makes you gain weight, such as anti-psychotics, is thinner than the general population (I'm sure there are exceptions to this though!). Seems like something I should research more...

I am not so sure about this. I know my ex was full blown schizophrenic, and was overweight.

I'm rather thin and have never had such issues.

He's not saying all Schizophrenics are thin, nor is he insinuating being thin makes you schizophrenic..

One thing I'd recommend looking into if you're into that sort of thing is the number of schizophrenic/mentally ill tobacco smokers as compared to the general population, and the effects tobacco/nicotine has on receptors that play a part in schizophrenia/mental illnesses.

He's not saying all Schizophrenics are thin, nor is he insinuating being thin makes you schizophrenic..

Yes I realize this. I just don't think there's a serious correlation. There are plenty of homeless schizophrenics in Los Angeles that are bone thin due to not eating well etc.

Being a healthy weight is often correlated with good mental health, and being too thin is often correlated with some mental problems, but I don't think I'd consider schizophrenia to be one of those things.

I am not so sure about this. I know my ex was full blown schizophrenic, and was overweight.

I'm rather thin and have never had such issues.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this definitely isn't the whole story, schizophrenia is still quite a mystery and even in the article they noted that the "skinny gene" is only something that about 1 in 2000 people have, while schizophrenia is found in roughly ~1% of the general population. Interestingly in the article they also mention that "Researchers at Imperial College London and the University of Lausanne in Switzerland said around one in 2,000 people have the duplicated genes, making men 23 times more likely to be underweight, and women five times more likely." and schizophrenia seems to affect men much more than women, according to this source for example: http://www.schizophrenia.com/research/szmen2000.htm

Hi darksiders. Nice to see lots of posts turning up in this thread. I love youz guyz!

I slept all Friday afternoon so I could drive the five hundred and some miles from my parents' house back to my house Friday night/Saturday morning.

I prefer driving at night.

I had a tail wind helping me so I only had to stop once for gas. I was thrilled about that.

Also it only took me 8 hours because there was very little traffic and gps routed me away from construction.

I'm going back to my parents' in a few months. Meanwhile... nothing.

I have no life whatsoever.

Hi darksiders. Nice to see lots of posts turning up in this thread. I love youz guyz!

I slept all Friday afternoon so I could drive the five hundred and some miles from my parents' house back to my house Friday night/Saturday morning.

I prefer driving at night.

I had a tail wind helping me so I only had to stop once for gas. I was thrilled about that.

Also it only took me 8 hours because there was very little traffic and gps routed me away from construction.

I'm going back to my parents' in a few months. Meanwhile... nothing.

I have no life whatsoever.

Awww Ugly don't say that! You for sure have a life. :D

I'm jealous! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to do just that someday! The SoCal sun would be extremely inviting after a long ongoing Wisconsin winter (not to mention the good Capt'n). :)

Oz: The Great and Powerful was awesome! I'm glad I saw it in 3D in the theater and I look forward to watching it again when it comes out on DVD. I'm a *huge* Wizard of Oz fan (my mother raised me to be :)) and I had doubts about this movie, but I ended up loving it.

We ended up seeing it last week =D
It was a pretty crazy movie.. I enjoyed it, especially the ending!!

^ Don't you wish you could be apathetic about being apathetic?

But I have been that way this weekend too. I have a project that I have worked on daily for almost three weeks, but have had no interest in it at all the past two days. Nor have I been able to even sit down and try and force myself to do it. I gotta get back in the saddle, though, as a sense of accomplishment gives me sober momentum.

Gonna take a shower and then try and make myself be productive for a few hours. Ugh. But I know I will feel better if I just do it.

Yeah I wish that. But recent like meds, not meds imo, but appreantly "meds", have brought me to a state where I can't function.

My daily life is like gone. In bed 24/7, praying for recovery. Apathetic about not functioning normally? I'd be dead, or a complete derelict, an outsider to society without care for anything, but I do care, I wanna get back to where I was.

I smoke ciggarettes, drink a little beer, some coffee, try not to think and hope for the best.

In reality I hope my brain is not permanently paralyzed, and that I get back my sense of joy.

It's not normal apathy, I didn't feel this way before Zyprexa, ever. So I'm really scared and the days are going by without improving...

It's not normal apathy, I didn't feel this way before Zyprexa, ever. So I'm really scared and the days are going by without improving...

It sounds like this medication isn't helping at all. Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel on this medication?

I've heard others talk about zyprexa the way you describe it. Probably a commonality there