• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Taxi Cab Confessions

thinks2much said:
By far the dodgiest cabbies I have had so far where in Rome, at the airport, they kept on trying to tell me my airport pick-up had been cancelled and would only charge me 90 euros to get me there (waaay more than it should cost)
The cab drivers in the UK are a laugh though, most of them just want to talk about Australia, which means you end up spending most of the ride telling them how dangerous all of our animals are…particularly the koalas
;)

Have to agree with Rome cabbies. Had flight cancelled late one night and as a result had free cab ride to local sheraton wheree we were put up overnight (sweet!) and said caddie proceeded to strap the shit out of his ride. No idea how fast we were going but he ran the revs to the max through every gear until we were flying through motorway traffic likr Need 4 Speed. We arrived safely enough and in my token italian I congtatulated him on being the next Micheal Schumacher. It must have struck a cord as he couldn't stop laughing and even carried our bags to our room.

Special mention must go to the 50% of brissie cabbies who would come inside for bucket bongs after dropping us home most nights out when living in a sharehouse in St Lucia.

^^^Cabbies coming in for Bucket bongs? What a champion! I've bargained a cabbie down on the fare by trading a couple of joints I had for about $25 worth of ride home. =D

I almost always bargain with the cabbies nowadays, ask them for a guess of how much it will be to where you're going (say $35) and then offer less $20-25) if they turn the meter off..... they get more in their pocket, and you get home cheaper. Although I've had it pointed out to me by one cabbie that this means that technically you're not covered by their insurance if the meters not running... so you could be screwed if something goes wrong. :\

^ Sydney taxis (and dare I say NSW cabbies) no longer work by the meter, they pay a certain amount to work that cab rank per hour and get all the takings/earnings from that shift.

I used to offer them less money if they turned the meter off aswell, it was good while it lasted. you get some bastards that just wont do it though.

Oh and I forgot about the time I woke up in the passenger seat, stopped at lights a few hundred meters from my house, when I realised I had no money, told the cabbie I could afford to pay, so I just got out (with him almost ripping my shirt to stop me). When I woke up in the morning I found $50 in my pocket, that a mate had lent me to make sure I got home OK 8o

Keystroke: Really? Thats no good for the drunken bargain hunters among us. The cabbies down here in Melb get 50% of any fare, so for the bargain to work it's gotta be a decent enough fare. It works really well in Canberra though... those cabbies get SCREWED!

I once told a cab driver I was a lesbian.. But that didn't quite glue cause I am a guy and I was pissed!!

Haha the cab driver I had on wednesday must have been a champion to put up with me and my friend. Both drunk and on lots of speed (speed and beer is my worst combination when it comes to being a dickhead) and we chatted his head off for the entire trip home.

We even asked if he had used drugs as a kid and what drugs etc. but I can't remember his answers. We found out his name was Pete and from then on constantly referred to him to prove our points, "That's right, ay pete?".

I fairly doubt he could understand half the shit we were talking about (some of the newer scientific theories about creation of the universe etc.) but he took it all in his stride :)

Me and my mate scammed a ride for free by making up a crystal meth induced story about how we had to go get our little 15 year old sister from the strip club as soon as she finishes otherwise she would go home with any random guy for cash to feed her drug habits. The guy seemed to get pretty upset and started covering his ears as we convined him and he just agreed to take us wherever we needed.

there was one time i was in the back of a cab, had a mate next to me, and a friend in the front... (we were all drunk..)

for reasons i am still unsure of, i took off my shoe, and gave it to my friend in the front.... she said to me "you arent stripping are you??" and that just sparked an idea in my head...

so, i started taking off item after item of clothing, and handed it to my friend in the front... my mate did the same, till there was the two of us, sitting in just our underwear....

so, my friend in the front offered the cabbie $20 to let us out there and then (we were in the middle of redfern..)... so my mate offered the cabbie $50 not to let us out....

we drove on, with the cabbie laughing cause he had a security camera recording everything...

and cabbies in different towns have different opinions if you are trying to kill someone in their cab or not...

one time in canberra, a mate of mine reached forward and grabbed the seatbelt of a friend in the front seat and started choking him with it (the friend.. not the cabbie..)

the cabbie pulled over and kicked us out....

but, when we were in newcastle, and i did the same thing to a mate (except i used a baloon i had in my pocket...) and the cabbie didnt care.... even after my mate passed out..... (was a little too drunk to notice him turning blue..)

After coming home from a party I took a taxi, and I was drunk as all hell. I was trying to tell the driver my address, and then there is a complete blank... then I was reeling off the drinks I had then asked him to pull over cause I had to spew cause he started saying something about a spewing fine. I eventually got home. Then about a year later I done my deb ball with my school, and it turns out that my deb partners dad happened to be the taxi driver. I got the most disaproving look of all time... SO Embarassing!

Very recently i got the best taxi driver ever.

He was a youngen who was studying the same degree as me, so inbetween my friend singing the soundtrack of pearl harbour to him we had a good old convo.

But then .. for some unknown reason .. i dropped my pill .. which i was for some reason holding in my hand (???) I was a bit miffed but told him i dropped my key down the seat. Eventually i realised i had to confess what i'd dropped.

So i did, he laughed .. told us stories of all the drugs and he's had left in his taxi. He moved the seats got my pill for me.

:)

Best taxi man ever.

Me and a couple of friends were in a Taxi once and we were still fairly high after a night of clubbing and had a little conversation with the driver.
We asked about the craziest things that ever happen in his cab, any sex, any crazy conversations whatever...
He said he didn't really get many crazy passengers but when someone tries to get away without paying "I use this" he said as he pulled out his sharp knife.
The conversation wasn't quite so lively after that :\

When Mr Samadhi and I first started dating, one night we were leaving a club to go back to my place. We hailed a cab, and as soon as we got in, we could tell the cabbie was on speed...and had been awake for at least a couple of days. The entire cab reeked of chemical/speed sweat (to the point where we had the windows down and our heads sticking out. He was swerving around the road, hitting the brakes erratically and generally being a bit crazy. My apartment was only a 5 minute drive away, thank the gods. We were both pretty chopped at the time, so the entire experience took on a very surreal quailty. After we calmed down at home, we had a good laugh, but it was pretty intense.

I've had taxi driver offer me cigarettes in their cab which was nice....considering you're not meant to smoke in 'em.

i have a cab driver where i used to live in a small town of about 10000 who would drive me home for free :), and let me have smokes, really you could do anything in his cab

i was in a cab one night bliind drunk and actually couldnt figure out the name of the street i lived in. The legend of a cabbie actually turned off the meter and drove around my suburb for about 20mins free of charge until i recognised some houses near mine. i find most cabbies are the biggest doods if ur nice to them first.

holy crap i have THE CABBIE FROM HELL STORY from last weekend...

we got in a cab out near two tribes (sydney) anyway, this cabbie drives at 120km/h down parramatta road running two red lights...

he then starts trying to fix his sunglasses.... whilst still doing 120km/h...

he then starts explaining to us that he has been driving for 16 hours (its about 7am at this stage..).. whilst pointing and saying random shit...

as we go over the harbour bridge, he starts talking random shit again, we say "what?" and he's like "oh, dont mind me, i'm just talking to the police. they usually hide there"

whilst still doing about 100km/h over the bridge...

and its about 6 red lights by this stage...

so we get him to stop just short of where we needed to go, it was a $40 cab fare, i gave him $20 and told him he was lucky to get that because of his driving...

his response?

"i didnt run any red lights"

over all, not a good experience whilst scattered...

^^^^ classic

A few years ago I was off to my then girlfriends house.
Now it was close to 40c that day and I really did'nt feel like catching public transport to see her so I thought I'd cab it in the aircondition.

My taxi arrives, all of the windows were down and the aircon was turned off. I asked the guy if he could turn it on and he mumbled somehting about it being broken.
So we begin what was probably the longest journey of my entire life.
After being in the cab for about 5 minutes I started to smell a really bad stench.
I could'nt quite work out what it was, and seeing we were passing the XXXX brewery I thought it must have been beer stench. (Anyone that has lived around milton/auchenflower knows what I am talking about)
That's when I realised it was'nt the brewery, it was the cabbie.
Man this dudes stench was so overpowering, I mean like take your breath away type shit, it blew me out.
The only thing I could do to try to avoid it was stick my head out of the window, it was seriously so bad that I actually gagged several times.
I ended up making him pull over as I could'nt take it anymore, gave him his money and walked the rest of the way.
I also rang up about him and made a complaint about him, that was such a gross thing, I still get a little sick just thinking about it.