• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Taxi Cab Confessions

A taxi driver tried to kick me out of his taxi nearly 6 times once on the way home when I got drunk.... then stoned (read here: NOT A GOOD COMBINATION) Anyway I handed him a $100 and told him to keep the change (it was an $18 ride, and yes thats how fucked I was!) anyway he gave me the change back ! How sweet !
I have also had numerous people practice their oral skills while I have been in the backseat. This is all I will say on this matter !

*nowadays i can't get in a cab w/out having to pay before we go anywhere. i don't even look dodgy ( i think )*

Yeh, odd that, although I don't think you have to?

All the cabbies around my area are pretty good. I get in, tell him where to go/which exits to take, and BAM ... i'm home.. no talking, no bullshitting.. it's sweet.

THOUGH!
At the city, a group of us were going up to The Cross for drinks. We had to take 2 cabs to get up the street. Myself and 2 other friends get into the second cab and tell the driver where about on oxford street we want to go and which club. We follow with "If you want you can just follow that cab". So we're driving up the road and he sparks up a convo, "what do you do, how's uni.." blah blah (aussie looking guy/40+). He then starts going argo over nothing, mumbling to himself, tone of voice getting louder..we couldn't understand what he was complaining about. We get to the lights at william + Oxford and he speeds up all of a sudden, runs a red light, then starts shouting out at us that he shouldn't run the red light, he'll probably get a ticket cos they'res cops around, and that he shouldn't have followed the cab. We didn't know what the fuck was going on.

We tell him to pull over, he complains again about the red light and starts shouting, so ofcourse we shout back that we told him in the first place where we wanted to go and it wasn't our fault he decided to run a red light, he should have known better. So he then goes all quiet and pleasant like. He thanked us when we gave him the fare and told us to enjoy our night (WTF???!!!!)
That cabbie was all over the place.. mood swings worse than a woman going through menopause.

This other time i was driving to the shopping centre with my brother and we pull up to a busy set of lights. Right next to us a cab pulls over and these 3 women start banging on the windows trying to get our attention. My brother looks over, and they ask us if they can get into my car and drive us to the station because they're cabbie is crazy. They begging please and showed us they're money. I took a look at the cabbie and his face got redder and redder as they were telling us this.

The lights go green. I take off. I don't know who was more crazy, the women or they're cabbie!

dimmo said:
Yeh, odd that, although I don't think you have to?

Yes, I think I read on the little sticker on the dashboard, that you must show money if asked by the driver.

Well.. most of my weird taxi encounters happen overseas:

Malaysia:

Paid a taxi driver 30 bucks extra (which is an absolute fortune) to get to my uncles house in a HURRY. This guy is absolutely flying he's driving everywhere. We then hit the highway and we fall into one of those awful jams.. I sigh.. close my eyes and think about all the excuses i'm going to give my uncle for turning up late.

Next thing I know.. the taxi is moving and it seems to be moving fast.. I open my eyes and I see we're in some special lane.. hang on.. no cars on this lane.. what's going on. I look around and yep.. you guessed it.. this guy for the extra 30 bucks has decided to drive me down the footpath! I kid you not.. this guy was flying down the footpath.. and i started praying like there was no tomorrow.. he got me from the city to near Sunway in about 30 mins.. I paid him an extra 10 bucks for the experience.

In Ipoh.. late at night.. was trying to find my way home from a large shopping centre (Jaya Jusco). A guy walks over to me and says taxi taxi? I said yep.. so he grabs my shoping and takes me to his 'taxi' which just happens to be some car. I get in to the taxi and tell him where i'm going.. he heads off.. and nothing looks familiar.. after a few minutes.. he drives me in to a massive field.. and i'm fuckin scared.. i'm ready to jump out of the taxi.. leave my stuff there and just run for it. He senses i'm scared and he says short cut.. so i just sit there as this taxi bounces up and down through this field.. he drives for another few minutes and then I see lights on the other side and he finally takes me to where i'm going.. in 2/3rds of the time! Not bad.

Another time in Ipoh.. some guy has just offered to give me a lift .. so I agree. I figure it's daytime and if I can catch a lift from a stranger at night I can do it during the day. Well, the guy is driving and he goes to his house and picks up his bloody family! I'm not sitting in this taxi with his family and they are asking me all these questions about Australia.. So I happily answer them and he takes me to Jaya Jusco .. and for my happy conversation.. doesn't charge me.

In Thailand - My friends and I get a taxi ride and this guy drives us for about 25 minutes and then stops his truck and demands double the price. We say fuck that and we jump out. We're in the middle of nowhere. We walk about 1 hour till we find this main road and then hitch a lift from some truck driver.

Melbourne - When I was in school.. we use to pay the taxi driver an extra 20 dollars in cab charges if he would go through the McDonalds and buy us 10 bucks worth of food. It was an agreement that both parties liked.. until the school did a bit of auditing. The one time I was sick and didn't go for sport.. the school decided to follow the taxi and found out what was going on.. 4 of my friends ended up getting suspended and the taxi driver was sacked.

F

I can't really remember the cabbie in question but I presume he must have been pretty cool....

Like two years ago I got kicked out of the club and caught a taxi back to a friend from work's house I was staying at... Problem is there is no way I would have known how to get there (my friend stayed at the club and I have a really bad memory when it comes to streets and houses)... The only thing I really remember is talking about how much my dad loves Bruce Springsteen (I guess a springsteen song was on the radio)... That driver must have been cool to put up with that drunken drivel :)

Somehow I got to my friends house, I woke up there after all... I don't think I had any money left either so fucked if I know what happened there :)

Nothing too bad has happened to me besides throwing up out the window, I think they mad me pay for it but i guess i'll never know. I normally just rest my head on the window after giving directions and wake up a block from home which is prety sweet.

Two stories are:

A friend after drinking a 2L silver handbag in a little just over an hour needed a little help getting into the cab. Whilst on the way home the driver asks
"are you doing a piss"
"yep"
"what the fuck, get out"
"it's ok, i've stopped now"
"i dont care, get out"
"heres 50 bucks"
"no way, get out"

something like that, didn't even take the money. and also one day a friend called me on the tail end of a three day bender asking if i could meet him outside my house with money for the cab from Randwick to my place. I said sweet as, however after about an hour i was wondering what was doing so i gave him a call and turns out while he was chewing the drivers ear off the driver said something along the lines of shut up, i dont want to hear from you anymore. So my mate started hurling abuse at him. The cabby then said, i'm gonna get you arrested, you got in the cab without the fare. Thats an offence. My mate was like go on arrest me you prick. Pulled up at the cop station and my mate got out a bolted while the driver was inside....

i never have been a good storyteller.....

after my sisters hens night, we had a Turkish Cabby... and he kept trying to chat me up because he thought i was turkish!!! Even though i repeated over and over in my druken tone "Im aussie! IM AUSSIE!" he was like .. "Mmm.... u look turk..."

grrr

it was my 21st b'day and being extremely drunk and with no money to get home from the city, my friend and i decided we'd ''jump'' a cab.
we got close to our destination and told the driver to pull over near my old high school, as he stopped and was about to ask for the money, my friend and i jumped out of the car [leaving the doors open ] and bolted across the road and onto the schools football oval.
we ran across the oval and split up into the dark school grounds. now, remember, i said i was EXTREMELY drunk.
after running through the courtyards of the school i ran across the road headed for my frinds house which happened to be a court [dead end street ]
as i was running down the street i turned around and saw my mate running behind me further up the street, or what i thought was my mate!
having made it to my friends house i was laughing and cheering at my ''friend'' at the top of my voice at around 3-4 in the morning.
it wasnt until i was waiting at the front door of my friends house that i realised that it was the TAXI DRIVER that was running down the street behind me!!!
at this point i was still laughing my ass off but knew that i had been busted so i thought fuck it, and just kept on laughing!!!
the driver caught up to me and kept asking me why we did it[i guess because it seemed stupid to him for us to run away, and then let him catch me!!??]
anyway, he starts asking for some money for the cab ride and i tell him '' i dont have any'', so he walks with me over to the ATM at the shops and waits for me to get some money out.thing is ive only got $20 in my account and the fare was about $40, so he grabs the reciept from the ATM to check my balance and finds that it is now EMPTY about $1.15:D
all this time i was still laughing, because i was do drunk to get away from the driver.
i caught up with my friend and told him what happened, he couldnt stop laughing at me, and told all my friends the next day, who also laughed at me
what a great way to remember my 21st!

onetwothreefour said:
laredo: what ended up happening, did he just have to let you go?
yeah, i think he was scared i was gonna kick the shit out of him or something so he just let me go
the bastard wouldnt even give me a lift back to my mates house either !!!;)

The best taxi-driver I ever had was this guy who took me along the great ocean road, all over melbourne, from the gold coast to canberra and picked me up from perth airport and took me to where i was staying. ;)

=D

By far the dodgiest cabbies I have had so far where in Rome, at the airport, they kept on trying to tell me my airport pick-up had been cancelled and would only charge me 90 euros to get me there (waaay more than it should cost)
The cab drivers in the UK are a laugh though, most of them just want to talk about Australia, which means you end up spending most of the ride telling them how dangerous all of our animals are…particularly the koalas
;)

Once coming back from a club off our guts, friends and i split a cab from the city to Footscray (Melb), anyway, the cabbie said he knew where he was going and for the start of the ride that seemed true. We all were having such a blast in the back of the cab that we failed to notice where we were, when we finally looked out we were in TOttenham frieght yard ! YES in the actually train yard, it freaked us out completely there was freight trains driving by so close that you could reach out the window and touch them, it took us about a minute before we were finally convinced that we weren't tripping and that we were actually in the train yard, so after telling the cabbie how to get back home we ifnally got there. My gf went home with some friends in a dif cab cause we couldn't all fit in one, here cab fare was $14 and ours was $35 !!!! but we managed to talk it down to 20. But what kinda weirdo drives into a fucken freight yard ??!!

Last edited:
In Sydney, the Chinese cabby that didn't blink twice when Aussie-Chinese girlfriend of the moment and myself jump in, peaking, speaking Chinese to him and each other, and then switch dialects to his native one and ask him if he's had e before (in Chinese). (I'm anglo, and like 21 at the time)...

I think he will try it soon :)

see if we can revive this cool thread

*bumpy bumpy*

When we first arrived in Munich (Germany), speaking only very basic German words - we were after a tattoo shop - so I kept pointing to my arm and saying "you know, like skin pictures..." and similar stuff... all the while tapping my arm....

he thought we wanted Heroin, and didn't want us in his Taxi for much longer.