• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tappering Benzos After 1 Month of Use

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

What would be a good taper plan to quit the benzos after 1 month of daily use. I have been taking them since October, first Xanax 0.5 mg and currently Clonazepam 1.0 - 2 mg most days. I hate them because I hardly feel the euphoria of opioids.

I suppose that despite the short time of use, quitting it cold turkey is not recommended, right?

I have about 65 pills of clonazepam 2.0 mg. I guess that's enough.

Some kind soul that can help me, please?

Whatever youre on now, go down by 0.5mg a day for a week and then go down again until you are on just 0.5mg, then drop that to 0.25mg, then nothing and see how you feel.
The longer you taper for the better, a week on each dose will be plenty but you could probably do 4/5 days on each if you want.

If you are taking say 2mg a day id be inclined to do 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening.
Although not really necessary considering clonas long half life, but may help even if its just a placebo help.

Good luck. When i tapered down from them i just kept halfing my dose every week or so until i was on nothing 👍

Whatever youre on now, go down by 0.5mg a day for a week and then go down again until you are on just 0.5mg, then drop that to 0.25mg, then nothing and see how you feel.
The longer you taper for the better, a week on each dose will be plenty but you could probably do 4/5 days on each if you want.

If you are taking say 2mg a day id be inclined to do 1mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening.
Although not really necessary considering clonas long half life, but may help even if its just a placebo help.

Good luck. When i tapered down from them i just kept halfing my dose every week or so until i was on nothing 👍

Thannk you very much for your help My frienf

I guess cold tuley is out of discussion Considerong how little mgs. i take it righr?

Thannk you very much for your help fríes.

I guess cold tuley is out of discussion Considerong how little mgs. i take it righr?
Don't cold turkey, it's actually very possible to have a seizure and die.
It's also MEGA uncomfortable!
You can either drop by 0.5mg at a time or just half your daily dose at a time and see if you are still comfortable (when i say 'at a time' i mean every 4-7 days)
So go 2mg to 1.5mg to 1mg to 0.5mg to 0.25mg
Or 2mg to 1mg to 0.5mg to 2.5mg
But yeah dont cold turkey its dangerous and will be hell

^^ Oh yeah, definitely I will follow your advice. It seems like a good plan. The seizus.give me very afraid, despite abusing tramadol for Tel years.

Can you get any gabapentin or baclofen? Hell, even kava or valerian root might help too. Some high quality kratom (a slow variety) might be useful. I'm a huge fan of the happy hippo site. The shit at the headshops and gas stations are garbage. The hippo will never lead you astray.

One option is to see how long you can go (like don't take any thing on the weekend, even it means staying up all night Thursday, Friday and Saturday), then take a slightly lower dose Sunday night before bed. See if you can stick with that lower dose all week, then repeat the next weekend and see if you can drop the dose again. I dunno, probably not the best way, but it's something to consider.

stop them could tureky this wath i will do

14 days ago I tried to quit alpazolam cold turkey but the withdrawal effects were too "much" for me: blurred vision, migraine between the eyes, anxiety, feeling like I was about to seize, etc. Not cool bro.

I've been on clonazepam around 4mg a day, for about 4 weeks maybe longer, stopped 2 days ago using lots of promethazine to sleep, but feel like fucking shit so might take one soon, I just wanted to try to see if 2cb works because it doesn't on clonazepam, tried stopping clonazepam for 24 hours last time and didn't feel the 2cb as you're meant to wait around 40 hours after taking clonazepam, I waited 2 days and took a 2cb earlier and again I don't feel anything so I'm going to give up and take clonazepam again if it don't kick on soon lol

Fuck feeling this anxious by stopping even after a month

I can be without clonazepam 24-36 hours just fine. No wd symptomds at all.

That's it's long half life, it's what I thought last night trying to sleep, as I slept fine the first night on just 60mg promethazine but I'd been doing K all day so might if helped withdrawals, now my K tolerance is ridiculous and I'm biting my tounge on the 2cb but maybe the long long half life of clonazepam is stopping me trip from it

It leaves the system in 40 hours that's when reality will kick in, yeah I think I'm going to take clonazepam when this 2bc wears off lol, it's making me ramble on I'm so sorry

I'm sure I had a point, oh yeah clonazepam has a long half life, but so does vallies, but they're easier to taper from as come in much MUCH lower doses, but in all honesty I've been addicted to vallies, xanax, zopiclone, tramadol, not to mention heroin, so after 4 weeks of use, you might be scaring yourself more than you should be as I've stopped clonazepam last time by just starting back on my mirtazapine, but everyone's different, I have 8 x 2mg clonazepam left and when there gone I can't afford anymore so back on mirtazapine it will be

Good luck with it all though, if you need to chat I'm free, and been on and off benzos for years so ask away in PM if you need a friend

I tried stoping could turkey lorazepam 3.75 mg after 15 days taking without any problem
Sometimes effect deferent between person and other I just want to give my opinion thank for your ideas

Don't worry, friend. I appreciate your opinion. Maybe something that had the half-life of lorazepam vs alprazolam.

Unless you (the OP) started taking these things for recreational purposes: what's the reason for deeming it necessary to stop taking them? I'm not advocating long term use until the point that you are indeed physically dependent. But as previously noted: they do have their uses and do serve their purpose very well. Just saying and something to bear in mind is all.

I know they have their uses but I don't really need them right now. (except for maybe opioid withdrawals lol). I have nothing against them. And they seem like excellent meds to me. My city just went into quarantine two weeks ago. I have little or no social contact. No stress, anxiety or insomnia so why taking it?. Taking them right now seems like a waste of pills to me.

My friend, do NOT cold turkey.

I'm on alprazolam 1.5mg/day in morning/afternoon/evening doses of 500mcg.

Last month due to a mix up at the center where I live, I didn't get my alprazolam for about ~2.5 days. I had a grand mal seizure and was rushed to hospital. They just sent me back because their rooms were full (due to covid-19), but luckily in the process someone at the center found one tab of 10mg diazepam and one tab of 2mg clonazepam in the center's old medicine cabinet! They brought me straight back and I chose the clonazepam first. Next morning I took the diazepam and later that day they successfully refilled my alprazolam prescription. It was a bad experience!

But luckily for you one month is not considered long and also your doses are not high at all. You beat me in the Tramadol game, but I'm the one who used to take 20mg Xanax per day a few years ago ;)

65 pills of 2mg clonazepam is SUPER OVERKILL! That's way way more than enough my friend. You will be okay!

Just lower your dose by 25% per in 3 day increments. So: 1.5mg, 1.5mg, 1.5mg - 1.0mg, 1.0mg, 1.0mg - 0.5mg, 0.5mg, 0.5mg. You can extend the 0.5 phase a bit if it comforts you, or even add another 3 days at 0.25mg. Below that is trivial.

Best of luck!

The longer you taper off the better you'll be.

Some people have tapered off of fairly substantial doses of benzos and not faced any withdrawal whatsoever. that's the sign of a great doctor.

That wounds wonderful. If that's your chosen route: go for it. Not going to do any harm if you stick to it let's be honest.

Let's make a deal though:

You have 65 (give or take) 2mg Clonazepam in stock. Calculate how many you're going to need to taper as per your own schedule as described and immediately trash the rest (like down the toilet). Do that and I'll give you a nice thumbs up! Lol!

I'm not taking the piss here just by the way. I've a very good reason for posting the above and something which everyone here that has suggested a taper has overlooked (well maybe i.e. let's see for the fun of it if I'm right and how this turns out)!

Thing is, next week I'll be on my tramadol WD, so maybe I'll need to take it for another week (but just 1 mg. not more) Tramadol WDs give me insomnia and a lot of restlessness. So I guess benzos could work for that.
Will clonazepam work for me or will I need a faster acting benzo (alprazolam)?
I had planned to save the leftover pills. IDK but I think I can put the benzos to good use (in case of grief for example?). I don't like to spit at the sky but I don't think I'll have a problem with benzos in future. They are like alcohol in pills and I hate alcohol.

Thing is, next week I'll be on my tramadol WD, so maybe I'll need to take it for another week (but just 1 mg. not more) Tramadol WDs give me insomnia and a lot of restlessness. So I guess benzos could work for that.
Will clonazepam work for me or will I need a faster acting benzo (alprazolam)?
I had planned to save the leftover pills. IDK but I think I can put the benzos to good use (in case of grief for example?). I don't like to spit at the sky but I don't think I'll have a problem with benzos in future. They are like alcohol in pills and I hate alcohol.

Fuck! These days I have been without tramadol and obviously I had to increase the dose to be able to sleep a little more (1 mg.). Clonazepam is not as good a hypnotic as with alprazolam for example. It also takes a little longer to take effect, although I must say it has worked wonders to calm my nerves during the day. :confused:

PS. I still have more than 40 pills.

How many times do I have to tell you. Stop messing with all this stuff. It's bad for you. Rather get onto something healthy and probably cheaper too.

I told you this before but you didn't listen or seem to understand. So lemme help out here with a visual:

2kg5Psc.png

Hey man. What kind of opinion do you have of our people? hahahaha 😅

😂😂😂

Healthy? Idk man I don't want to lose my nose yet. 🤣

Cheap? 8 USD for one gram. I guess it's somewhat cheap.

Shit is getting cheaper every day (thanks colombian hermanos) but also more cut with caffeine or that anesthetic that I don't remember its name.

But since 2018 I have not used falopa. I am too afraid to mix it with tramadol (Ol Dirty Bastard anyone?).

PS. Back to the main topic, can you give me any advice about the benzo stuff? Do you think I have a problem?. I haven't had em for two days. It makes me quit em cold turkey but I'm afraid of a seizure.

Dude. $8 USD per gram? Even if it was cut to shit and you extracted the freebase (not Crack) it's a good deal!

The substance you're referring to is Levamisole and it ain't no anesthetic i.e. it's cattle de-wormer (but I got the fix for that too).

You know what my advice is on this benzo. stuff. Have you not read all the inane SHIT that I've posted on this on ALL of your threads? I'm starting to sound like a stuck record or a senile old man! EVEN NOW, given the date that you started this thread, throw 'em away. You're drinking piss and getting up to fuck knows what else and you're worried about a benzo. seizure? :ROFLMAO: I don't think you have a problem with benzos.!

Holy shit man. I plead guilty. I had not read your huge comment hahaha. But, without tramadol, I don't even have the mood to read.

By the way, I can go 5 days without taking clonazepam, without feeling withdrawal symptoms. So it can be taken every 5 days or is it very risky? Or just taken in SOS days.

P.S. I'm a very weird guy, I'm very afraid of seizures (I saw one as a kid) but I was taking tremendous doses of tramadol. The contradictions of a drug addict I guess. :ROFLMAO:

About coke, no, it wasn't that thing that shit your nose hahaha (levamisole). I think it was lidocaine or something like that.