• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tackling the bigger issues - Gay education to kids

holloway's point is that there is no room for teachings of alternative sexuality in our mainstream schools, just as we do not have teaching of alternative religions, alternative sciences, etc

I presume you address me ? In which case holloways answer is incorrect !

they are probably not going to spare a teacher for a class of, oh, about 2 i reckon.

Who the **** suggested that anyway? , My point was to cover all aspects of sexuality within that aspect of the curriculum !

The very fact you didn't realise this confirms my suspicions that you are lacking in psychic skills ;)

zophen

zophen said:
I presume you address me ? In which case holloways answer is incorrect !

i didn't even know you were part of this thread
i have a tendency to skip reading bullshit

preacha said:
it is time for parents to begin acting like parents and attempt to mold their children's minds in a positive way, as well as inform them about the world that they have lived in for so much longer than their offspring.
I think the problem is that the average parent has NFI and its the education systems job to rectify this for the next generation of parents.

Most parents just arent equipped to inform little Johnny why he likes the bulge in little Timmys pants or tell little Timmy that homosexuality isnt evil and he shouldnt take a gun to school.

The resulting dysfunction that results from unenlightened sexuality has a much greater impact on a young adult mind than learning about the fucking Eureka stockade.

preacha said:

Translation Australian to English = fuck off ! Cheers man love you !;)

Illuminatii they're everywhere!

zoph

m4dd0g said:
Most parents just arent equipped to inform little Johnny why he likes the bulge in little Timmys pants or tell little Timmy that homosexuality isnt evil and he shouldnt take a gun to school.

so you're really saying that parents can no longer be trusted to parent and it is up to the government's educational body to steer our children in the correct direction? we can go further than that and just cut parents out of the equation completely and raise children in youth farms.

you have to admit maddog, that's pretty thoughtcrime of you

Preacha In The Bush Teachin' Feral Homosexshuality

preacha said:
Doof Doof Doof Doof Doof

Yeah,
we know you love that thread,
Capt'n.
D'ya want me ta bump it fo' ya?

...can i take a raincheck?
hell, fuck a raincheck, i want a new-orleans-catastrophic-rainstorm-check

holloway road said:
tolerance isnt the word here. its acceptence. i accept the people, not there acts. i dont have to. its just like being raised in a multi racial neighborhood. you accept the people, but you dont tolerate there behaviors.

First of all and again, you were not quoting me. You were paraphrasing at best and didn't even get the context right.

Secondly, when you so-call "quote" someone, don't edit what they've actually posted.

preacha said:
we will end up catering to every single minority's beck and call, absorbing every single point of view regardless of how it may conflict with another view.
What is wrong with that?

What exactly is wrong with catering to aboriginal kids or gay kids or asian kids or kids with artificial limbs or kids with only one parent or two parents of the same gender or kids who live with their nan instead of their parents or any other minority?

We SHOULD be teaching kids to absorb every point of view out there, fuck knows it might make a dint in the homophobic, sexist and racist views that are so prevalent in society as it is.

Saying that it should be done at home is naive....yes, it should be, but it obviously isn't happening. So as a society do we just shrug our shoulders and say fuck it, it'll all happen when white affluent middle class Australia feels like tip-toeing outside of their comfort zone a bit?

Or do we take responsibility and do something about it in the system that we have set up for the specific purpose of educating children to survive and thrive in the world around them?

I just don't understand why you have a problem with teaching kids that the world isn't just them, but every other person around them as well. What can possibly be wrong with educating children from a young age that they should respect everyone around them equally and that different doesn't mean wrong?

affluent middle class? might want to keep your buzzwords in check before you use them all at once Raz.

my main 'problem' with your point is exactly what i said before, where does it stop? considering how long the average human lives to in this day and age, twelve years is an extremely short time to shape the mind of our youth. wasting this by dedicating a substantial amount of time to political correctness is exactly this, a waste of time.

now you could counterpoint me on this and say 'imagine how positive it would be to make everyone aware of everyone's backgrounds, la di da'

it's useless.
everything has it's opposite.

we could introduce gay education, sure. only to have that dismissed as idealistic bullshit once the child goes home.

we could introduce religious education for Christianity and also teach about the wonderful world of Islam. contradictions again, and again a waste of time.

are you ready for children to be dragged out of classes because of viewpoints which conflict with what is enforced at home, thus segregating our society further?

twist my words all you would like as you are clearly grasping at straws (which is understandable, as you are extremely biased), but i did not state that anything outside the norm is an incorrect viewpoint. just one that can be countered.

here's an idea.

if you want to begin educating the masses about minorities, it might be a small idea to have the minorities cease embodying their own negative stereotypes.

only then will education begin.

^^^Affluence is relative. Middle class to me is a long way from poor.

I am not grasping at straws. Furthermore, I would love it if you could for once engage someone in discussion on this message board without resorting to snide putdowns. It's fucking old, dude.

Yes, I'm biased. How can I not be when it's an issue which directly affects me and people like me? But I find it fucking grossly insulting that you seem to be insinuating the ONLY reason I give a shit is because I'm gay. I care about women's rights and I'm not a woman. I care about the rights of migrants and indigenous Australians, and I come from the most boring white-bread racial background of anyone I know. It's called empathy. Granted, it's not as much fun as sniping at people for a cheap rise, but maybe you can give it a go one day if you ever get bored of the other...

The idea of women voting was dismissed as idealistic bullshit when it came up. The idea that black and white people could ride on the same bus was dismissed as idealistic bullshit when it came up. You don't enact social change by sitting on your thumbs, you do it by doing it. And yes, of course there are going to be families who will undo all that when the kid goes home. That's what happens when you give people free will. That's the most specious argument I've heard yet, that you shouldn't try to educate people one way because hey, they might choose to ignore it! Why fucking have an education system at all if that's the case??

You're a really fucking offensive person sometimes, eh.

Well I would say that middle class Australia is relatively affluent when compared with a majority of countries (with only a few exceptions to that).

^ And I second your last statement. In fact, I would say both offensive and insecure (with the latter being the cause of the former).

Raz said:
The idea of women voting was dismissed as idealistic bullshit when it came up. The idea that black and white people could ride on the same bus was dismissed as idealistic bullshit when it came up.

now please, rattle off every single women's rights/racial rights class that was taught in K-12 schools prior to change being enacted.

having trouble?

^ word. attributing every perceived negative comment he makes to insecurity is about as old as his sniping, I would posit ;)

However. Preacha - the main problem I have with your argument is that if you refer to the original post, the 'education' in question was story books in a day care centre.

I would suggest that this method of education that you are so concerned would be impacting on the far more valuable pursuits of reading, writing and 'rithmatic would actually not be taking up any extra time at all - being that reading/story time is a fairly normal activity for children before reading age.

Are you still going to argue that we can't waste precious learning hours shaping our children's minds with exposure to the diversity that they will be surrounded with as soon as they leave the (assumably and hopefully) safe enclaves of school and home?

I agree that taking an hour out of children's weeks for gay-ducation might not be the solution, and indeed might further breed a culture of exclusivity/seperationist thinking, but I truly believe if other sexualities (and again, I baulk that you compare this to religion, a true matter of choice) were integrated into education from a young age, this could not help but reinforce that they are normal, functioning members of society.

^ agreed, having a specialty classes is extreme. having it included in the curriculum as part of social science is all you need

preacha said:
so you're really saying that parents can no longer be trusted to parent and it is up to the government's educational body to steer our children in the correct direction?
Yep, pretty much. Although 'steer in a direction' is your words ... i would use 'expose to many points of view'

preacha said:
we can go further than that and just cut parents out of the equation completely and raise children in youth farms.

you have to admit maddog, that's pretty thoughtcrime of you
Why would you go further??
Proof by extreme is stupid when you are arguing on the degree of the same line.

In 1984 the people were subjected to a single point of view 24x7. People were forced to conform in order to subsist, worse, they were not given an alternative objective point of view in order to make their own judgment call.

In that world you were only taught knowledge from a single subjective source: your government, in prechas world its your parents (be they liberal or fucked up cultists). The use of the word 'thoughtcrime' is valid in both these cases

preacha said:

yeah... hopefully he will drown in it some day. teaching alternative froms of sexuality to anyone under the age of consent is para-paedophilia. as for teaching alt-sex, why dont we just teach them all forms, from b and d, righ through to s and m.

thing is, your expecting to be accepted, but at the same time your shoving your own agenda down peoples throats...:\ that doesnt wash

a persons sexuality is private as far as im concerned, im not interested who does what,as long as it doesnt involve children or animals.

but you never know, thats probably what they will want to start teaching next. given the current way things are going... bottom line is, there are a trillion and one other things that are far, far more important for a child to be learning about.

gays should be seen and not fucking heard. there are a trillion to one other important things that chidren should be learning about before alt-sex.

they scream about being accepted as if they are the next minority that should be taken care of. but at the same time are shoving their own agendas down peoples throats.

ha.

^ you know people like this ? aus is a strange place , in britain *they*just go to the shops and drink beer and do stuff like other people , except if you really think about what may they be doing inside their houses ?

zophen