• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stigma/Myths surrounding Methamphetamine - '...meth does not cause brain damage'

lol...these people talking about how higher and higher doses just cause fearless, god-like, hedonistic euphoria have never dissolved 4 points of acetone washed dope into 25 units, drawn back 60, and slammed that thick shit. Oh you'll all but cum for about 30 minutes and it may make you puke, but if you're on anything else serotonergic or if you've been up for a few days, just give it about 2 days until you start seeing DEA snipers hiding in the leaves and other operatives sitting in trees or teams in the woods way off slowly making their way closer to you lmao. So glad I'm done with that shit.

John Kennedy used intravenous meth throughout the Cuban Missile Crisis.

In "Office hours day and night" by his personal physician Dr. Janet Travell, she administered procaine because of his unsuccessful surgeries from wounds suffered during WWII.

^^"Operatives"...as if you're full acquainted with the shadow people's "agenda"!!

the devil in me is chuckin a party the angel in me is pullin the plug to the sound system sounds to good to be tru

its hard to get away from some of the propaganda out there and the govt is very good at the way it puts it out there. So much so that it has villified a drug that scares the shit out of people but at the same time its a drug they make too. The drug they make has the same chemical makeup as street meth but they arent gonna tell you that.

So you got mommy going to a doctors office complaining about her kid that just cant be calm and is causing all this trouble at school so he gives the kid desoxyn. That same mother is gonna make statements at home or work on how just horrible meth is and how the teeth fall out and you just go crazy. She is clueless as most people are on this simply by what she has been fed by the TV. Pretty brilliant if you think about that for a second.

Also, like you of the posters was saying, that after day 4 was really seeing how horrible the drug was. Well, sleep deprivation is the cause of your shitty feelings. Sleep deprivation is very bad on the body as well as the mind. ITs not the meth. SLeep deprivation is used as a torture technique. You dont hear about meth being used as a torture technique. Plus if your not eating right as well as not sleeping, thats just a disaster mentally and physically for the body. How do you expect it to react and how on earth do you expect to feel good when your not taking care of it.

Meth mouth is another bullshit idea. It drys the mouth out but so does many other things like medication and certain diets. You hear people on binges say how they didnt drink water. Well do you think your body has sprinklers in it and they go on even if there is no water. when your dried up the body cant produce the beneifical bacteria it needs to fight off ginivitas and other things that harm your teeth. So diet and hygiene is from people losing their teeth, not meth. Im just gonna speculate that some of these people arent brushing thier teeth twice a day either or flossing. My suggestion is get some Biotene. basically creates saliva for you.

It gets in peoples minds so much that it can physically effect them. In recovery some people think their never gonna be the same and they can tell you they physically feel this. Its a mind game and cause your told your gonna feel that way, it manifest itself in you. I maybe would say that they believe this and feel this because somewhere they have been told this.

The body is a wonderful machine but it can be a tricky one. You believe something cause thats what you have heard so you in turn feel this way but maybe if you had never heard some of the side effects, you would feel different. I myself had a much shittier time coming off of a everyday coca cola habit than i did when i had a daily meth habit.

I have proof of of the brain correlating to the physical feel of somebody when i was strung out on, another wonderful govt drug, norcos. Others here might have had this experience too. THis would happen when i would be sick and just waiting for my connect to call. Well, when he called and i would be in the car heading over, my sickness would almost be totally gone and not only that i would be feeling good. This would happen everytime and in the full height of being sick. Moments before he called im feeling flu like symptoms and can hardly deal with it but i get the call and i could run a maraton.

Cause i knew that i wasnt going to be sick in a less than a hour and my pills would cure my ailments. Cause it was the thought of getting them that almost made me as high as when i would take them. I remember i would then take them and I would think to myself that i almost felt better on the drive over there than when i took them.

Thats why some say that through meditation and deep thought, that the body can create any drug high without the drug at all. All the drugs does is help the brain produce more of a chemical it already has. Your not giving it anything that it cant produce on its own. and has you take it more and more the brain does less and less work. It becomes used to you giving it the substance that easily produces that chemical. So over time it just realizes that it doesnt have to work as hard to create that feeling, your gonna give it to it. This is what you call tolerence which is why you need alot more farther down the line compared to that little bit you needed in the beginning.

So if you train your brain to produce that chemcial on its own, it has to work at it. But then what happens is it gets easier and easier to do that cause your brain is now very strong unlike when you take something for it, it works less. The more you do it and the easier it gets and the higer you get. The great thing about that is its actually the reverse of tolerence. Its like working out. you cant do the same workout you did that you can do 6 months later. you do more and longer because your body is stronger. Brain is the same way. Also you have no hangover or ill side effects from natural euphoria.

Can you really trust a govt that has meth in a category which says has some medical value but they place weed in a category that says has no medical value and said to be highly addictive. I wouldnt so why would you believe anything else they put out there. its all smoke and mirrors and they are extremely good at it. I really believe the TV is one of the most evil and destructive tools invented in our time. People are brainwashed including myself. Im influenced in some way. Im not excluding myself from this and saying im better than anyone. I look into things but anyone living in a modern society is brainwashed in some way. Its almost impossible not to be

Its a fear thing. the fear creates a culture that is subservant. They have so many things they have used on us in an effort to keep the public in that fear mode. Also, they dont want you think on your own and question things. People that question things are dangerous to them. Everything is gonna kill you. I could make a huge list of things but if you think about the daily news broadcast where they give you a quick list of the top stories. How many of those are positive or uplifting. Maybe the last one they spend 5 seconds on about a dog that can drive a car or something stupid like that. Remember the graph that had the colored codes on terrorist threats on the country. Went from blue to red. talk about a fear tactic.

Another thing they count is most people arent gonna look into things. They know this. If you do and end up talking to people about it, your not gonna go very far. That person believes what the TV has told them and they look at you like your a nut. How do you think most people would react if you went up to them and said "meth is not as damaging as you might think". Shit, people in the drug culture might look at you crazy. These same people usually just arent educated on the topic. Period. They dont know the govt produces the same drug, desoxyn, and gives it to kids!

There are so many other things that can be bad for you, its just what they choose to show that shapes minds. Coca cola can kill you, some of the shit they use for processed foods is horrible on the body, they use something called black which is animal carcesses used in makeup and shampoo, natural flavoring is a very vague word you see on labels and i encourage people to see just what can fall under those two words, too many xrays can poison you, substances known to cause cancer are in foods and products that we use, alchohol and tobacco are absolutly horrific on the body causing more death and destruction than illegal drugs combined but those are very accepted. Its really quite ridiculous. When people look back on this time in history i really think their gonna be shocked on just how obilivous we were to things that were in plain site.

my point is life is a chance thing and dont let some fuckin box like the tv shape your opinions and how you think. Look into it yourself. You would be surprised on what they tell you thats not true and what they dont tell you. Lies and lies have been sold to us through many genertions and when people talk different or debunk those lies, they are looked at as insane or a conspiracy theroist. Even if you have facts!

I just assumed that it mainly had to do with what meth is made from/with.

dextro-methamphetamine is actually almost with calming effect. Good help for soldiers without trembling hands :).
I live in eastern europe and methamphetamine is here call pervitin which is almost only S(+)-methamphetamine.

Using stimulants to treat obesity or depression is incredibly foolish & short-sighted IMO. Yes, they work wonders for these ailments; however, once the drug is gone, what are you going to do? Nothing has been gained, just postponed. Meth is a highly addictive drug & I don't think many people should do it. Do I feel like it's the government's right to dictate who can & cannot have it? No, but I don't think meth is a good idea for almost anyone.
'
I agree completely, however I believe that the "band" and "bypass" methods are equally short sighted (I have two friends who did "bypass") and they're more acceptable socially. In both cases the individual isn't really "taught" to use the surgery or medication as a buffer to making a lifestyle change (i.e. my friend still eats crappy fast food, it just takes her around 4-6 hours to finish a burger and fries, rather than 10 min.) Yes, she lost a ton of weight, initially, but she is still constantly sick, lethargic, and is highly at risk for either: 1. tearing the suture site and becoming septic, or 2. forcing her body to "grow" a new stomach. I'm sure there's a better way, I'm not sure what it might be but I do not think medication or surgery alone hold the key.

Well I am on early morning day 4 and im definitely not liking what its doing to my mind and body ^. I feel brain damaged and my eyes take 2 seconds to focus properly everytime i look somewhere else. And afterimages of previous focus points overlay the new location for a second or two as well. And it seems i can see the actual air molecules floating around in open spaces. Its somewhat disturbing, but manageable.

This is when the tough decisions begin, do you try get through the new day and hope you have enough left to allow this without coming down or becoming more mentally unstable or do you implement immediate shutdown mode? I usually always take the extra time risk with option one.

For some wierd reason it always seems less painful to deal with a whole new day of wierdness, mental decay possible anxiety and comedown then taking a seroquel and passing out right away. I think the problem with the obviously more responsible and better second option is the "finality" of it all. Its a major commitment for a meth addled brain that is almost always 100% focused on maintaining the current situation, whatever that may be. Change is the enemy of a tweaking mind.

That's because you're ABUSING THE DRUG! Just like any other pill. Take what the doctor tells you - and you will be fine (should be better than normal if the medication is treating the condition). Do you really think ANY DOCTOR would say "Alright, now take this EVERYTIME you feel tired, you'll be up for days! Yeah there's side-effects when doing that, but... um... DAYs DUDE!"

Can't use this example. For two reasons, one you're abusing the drug. Two the doses your taking are likely in hundreds of milligrams! Know what a theraputic dose of methamphetamine is? A maximum of 20 milligrams per day.

Didn't read the entire thread, but to the OP. Methamphetamine isn't Schedule I. It is Schedule II and is available in 5mg tablets for an outrageous price under the brand name Desoxyn, which comes from Desoxyephedrine, another chemical name for Methamphetamine. Getting caught with Desoxyn tablets is does not carry the harsher punishment given to drugs deemed to be especially dangerous that clandestine versions of the drug are charged with. It is treated in the normal Schedule I/II group, whereas, things like Clandestine Methamphetamine, Heroin, Phencyclidine, Freebase Cocaine (or Crack), etc., and Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is actually in a group all of it's own with harsher penalties...mostly towards trafficking.

Also, it is slightly neurotoxic at therapeutic doses, but we're talking a maximum of 30...maybe 60mg if you got one of those special doctors, and most people that use meth aren't going to be doing any less than a quarter gram within a day at the very least, if not double that in three seconds with the push of a plunger.

Using stimulants to treat obesity or depression is incredibly foolish & short-sighted IMO. Yes, they work wonders for these ailments; however, once the drug is gone, what are you going to do? Nothing has been gained, just postponed. Meth is a highly addictive drug & I don't think many people should do it. Do I feel like it's the government's right to dictate who can & cannot have it? No, but I don't think meth is a good idea for almost anyone.

Using stimulants to treat obesity is especially dumb because it's effectively weight loss by calorie restriction. This causes permanent changes in the body - such as increases in the 'hunger hormone' leptin and adjustments to fat storage and metabolism - that ultimately lead to weight gain.

I'm pretty sure I've replied to this topic before but in my opinion? Sleep Deprivation is what destroys users, not crystal itself. Meth is nothing more than another stimulant like caffeine. Sure it's extremely potent but practically ALL amphetamines/stims have the potential for those negative side effects such as dehydration, tooth decay, psychosis etc? I truly feel SLEEP DEPRIVATION is what completely destroys people. Dope in itself as I said is just another stimulant up for abuse. It may sound ridiculous but shit...even large amounts of caffeine can lead to severe psychosis if one was to dose consistently?! & if not taken properly can ALSO lead to poor hygiene which ultimately leads to rotten gums/tooth deterioration. Adderal, MDMA, Methamphetamine etc it can all end the same..

Crystal is extremely destructive due to it's addictive nature alone but the stigma surrounding it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Society needs to educate themselves..seriously

I could go on but im trying to enjoy my high...anyone else agree? I'm curious on your opinions

Hitler supposedly was given IV METH injections daily, no wonder head all that potential then crashed and burned

He was indeed - beginning when the battle of Stalingrad was going Stalin's way, and ending with his suicide in 1945. On the plus side, the battle of Britain was as much won with Benzedrine as it was with Spitfires, pilots were just too exhausted to cope day after day. Strange then, I thought, that I, as a long term Dexedrine user, am not apparently allowed to drive under UK law. I of course have no respect for the law whatsoever, and never had an accident or commited any motoring offence (that was seen, ahem!). During more than twenty years being 'an evil drug addict' (officially), during which I took almost four times my own (substantial) bodyweight in pure amphetamine sulphate, and not only drove, but serviced, maintained, rebuilt and welded up motor vehicles with no ill effects, I wistfully fantasised about how I would defend myself in Court, were I ever prosecuted for 'DUI - amphetamines'....

Me: "So, why is that taking amphetamines and driving is an offence?"
CPS (imperious and indignant) "Because it is against the Law!"
Me: "Quite so... but WHY is it against the Law?"
CPS "It is...(shuffles papers)... aha! Specifically prohibited by the (blah blah, legal details irrelevant)"
Me: "Thank you - I'm sure you are correct. And this law was no doubt introduced to improve road safety?"
CPS "Of course it was!"
Me: "A very worthy and necessary law indeed... the road can be a very dangerous place even when sober, do you agree?"
CPS "Most certainly, thousands are killed every year on our roads..."
Me: "No doubt, so we don't want the lives of motorists and pedestrians endangered by intoxicated drivers, do we?"
CPS "No we do not! Hence the law!"
Me: (grave nod) "So, presumably the intoxicant in question, to wit 'amphetamine' has never been allowed for anyone engaged in driving a motor vehicle on the highway?"
CPS "Um... not until the law came into operation as far as I am aware, no..."
Me: "Ah, I see - so it was not invented, or used, before that time?"
CPS "Er... I believe it was... MY Lord, is this lineof questioning leading anywhere?"
Me: "I pray the Court's indulgence, this won't take much longer, or interfere with luncheon?" (A nod from the beak)
Me: "When was amphetamine invented?" (A bewiildered shrug from the prosecution) "I will inform you then - it was before the turn of the last century, in Victorian times. And the effects have been well known since king George V was crowned. Yet this apparently dangerous intoxicant was freely available to all, and widely prescribed since the 1930's. Tell me, how dangerously does it affect the judgement - and why was it only banned for driving a few years ago?"
CPS "I'm not sure, but if it wasn't dangerous there would be no law against it!"
Me: "I believe it is well known this substance increases wakefullness, aids concentration, and improves endurance... do you agree?"
CPS "I believe so, but it is illegal!"
Me: "Would you say that this dangerous intoxicant was the sort of thing suitable for, say, the pilot of an aeroplane to take?"
CPS "Um...."
Me: "A young, inexperienced fighter pilot say, in a combat zone?"
CPS "Er....."
Me: " For the edification of the jury, amphetamine was routinely issued to the hard pressed pilots of the Royal Air Force, during the battle of Britain... and *orderered* to be taken by bomber crews on long missions over Germany in the 1940's... these are facts. Do you consider the Air Ministry would endanger the lives of its aircrews by issuing them with a dangerous intoxicant?"
CPS "Um... no, but...."
Me: "But this allegedly dangerous drug, safe to take by pilots in combat situations, is too dangerous for someone to take during, say, a three mile journey on the North Circular Road, on a Tuesday afternoon?" Hooks thumbs into braces, and turns to the Judge. "That is my case M'Lud!"

Sadly, in the real world I would be shut up long before I had any chance to huliliate the prosecution, and there would be no jury! Even so, one can still DREAM of justice?

JFK was also given IV doses of methamphetamine, in fact he was given a shot right before his famous 1960 debate with Nixon (who said tweakin' never led to success?). Some political scientists have speculated that his usage could have contributed to his more belligerent foreign policy decisions in regards to Cuba and the Soviet Union.

I just assumed that it mainly had to do with what meth is made from/with.

Entertain me, what exactly IS meth made of???

Just because some of the chemicals/solvents that are used in the reaction of a over the counter decongestant happen to be used industrially/commercially aswell doesn't at all mean that meth is made of drain cleaner and ether.....

When synthesis is carried out with care, and product is properly distilled, and crystallised there is not going to be any of the reagents left over in the finished product. Im not saying that every person attempting a synth is going to end up with nice sized fairly high purity shards; and honestly id say less of the meth that people consume is filled with leftover shit than otherwise (totally just my opinion) Ive been pretty lucky too though, and only had a few bad bags so my opinion is subjective.

theres lots of bullshit about meth, but at the end of the day if it isnt treated with respect it can and will fucking destroy people. No one plans on becoming a junkie

Come on, dude. Meth is KNOWN to cause these effects:

POSITIVE
increased energy and alertness
decreased need for sleep
increased sociability
mild to extreme mood lift, euphoria
increased sexuality
NEUTRAL
excessive talking
decreased appetite, weight loss
sweating
NEGATIVE
disturbed sleep patterns
tightened jaw muscles, grinding teeth (trismus and bruxia)
loss of appetite (anorexia), leading to poor nutrition and weight loss with heavy use
visual & auditory hallucinations, hearing voices (from sleep deprivation)
reduced enjoyment of eating
loss of interest in sex, over time
itching, welts on skin
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
dry mouth, leading to serious tooth decay with chronic use
excessive excitation, hyperactivity
shortness of breath
moodiness & irritability
anxiousness & nervousness
aggressiveness
panic, suspiciousness, and paranoia
involuntary body movements (uncontrollable movement and/or twitches of fingers, facial & body muscles, lip-smaking, tongue protrusion, grimacing, etc.)
ego inflation, false sense of confidence and power, ego-inflation
aggressive and violent behavior
severe depression, suicidal tendencies

Effects of Habitual Use
fatal kidney and lung disorders
possible brain damage
permanent psychological problems
lowered resistance to illnesses
liver damage
stroke
cardiovascular crises, chest pains, heart attacks
Damage to gums, teeth, and can lead to tooth loss

Seriously, How does that translate to "godlike fearlessness" ?

Exactly. I've met longterm tweakers or people who did use meth for decades and some who still use it who are older and used it for decades, and even they told me how it's damaged their brain, CNS, ability to really feel pleasure, etc. and some only used it on weekends.

These people used street meth, and pharmaceutical meth that was around and easily available in the very late 60s and early 70s.

They all told me to avoid it, since it will do nothing but ruin your life. However, I have no desire to ever use meth and I stopped using drugs years ago even if I sometimes do miss tripping, being stoned, and drunk at times.

Last edited:
Meth definitely suffers more from mainstream paranoia and b.s. propaganda than any other drug I can think of. However, in all honesty, I have a hard time seeing it as a substance one could easily keep to a "therapeutic" or moderate dose for any length of time. I used it heavily for years and still do it a few times a year, for about 10 years now. It's a great drug and very useful for certain kinds of tasks.

But the risk of prolonged sleep deprivation, and the incredible urge to keep going on it despite negative consequences, make me wary of it. It has also had a profoundly negative effect on the long-term mental health of numerous people I know, and at one point made my own anxiety issues nearly unbearable...and this was at a time when I was using as moderately and carefully as I ever have.

Basically, it's something to be treated with respect.

I think all the propagana, terror tactics and dire warnings are merely the result of the fact it is quite esy to make, and a drug 'on the rise'. I recall all the crap and nonsense on the news and in the tabloids concerning Ecstasy, which, had you believed them, would have led you to think that you only had a 50:50 chance of making through the night if you were reckless enough to swallow a 'whole pill' (for shame!) in one go! Strange that maybe a couple of million people were doing that every weekend, yet our undertakers, morgues and hospitals were easily able to cope.

In fact, this stupid, dishonest and laughable scare mongering, did lead to one unfortunate death at least. The constant harping on about the deadly danger of dehydration, caused one unfortunate teenager to kill herself by drinking too much fucking water, after taking an E to celebrate her birthday. Lia Betts became a cause celebre after this, and her grieving, vengeful parents were on TV for months, damning any who dealt, took or approved of this deadly drug which had killed their daughter. I feel very sorry for them, not just for their tragic loss, but because they entirely missed the plot - never once did I see the sorry pair suggesting that water was controlled, banned, or should have warning notices on ever tap and bottle. The sad fact was, that was what killed their daughter, not MDMA - and her anxiety, no doubt based on irresponsible, innaccurate press reports, doubtless caused her untimely, unecessary death!