• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc SSRI's... How do they feel?

To me they never were happy pills.

More like numbing pills.

For me it takes away depression and anxiety but never makes me happy.

If anything I'm happier off the pills but also more depressed, mood swings up and down.

The pills kill emotion for me, period, any emotion, good or bad, is greatly reduced and at too high I dose I feel like a zombie-robot and would wish to feel pain just to FEEL again.

i took a wellbutrin one time and i felt a bit more confident, very calm overall and i felt like "this is how it should be"

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is way different than SSRIs.
It functions as a Dopamine-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, so SSRIs and bupropion have no overlap.
Strange that you felt calm, as anxiety is one of most frequently reported side effects of the drug. interesting.

most all depression/anxiety can be greatly improved by simply giving your brain what it needs to function properly,especially since most of the population is deficient in zinc and b6 to some degree

I cant wrap my head around why people thing just throwing a "man made" chremical inside you instead of using stuff your body actually needs to function properly is so widely accepted,especially since they can maybe help one condition but create another problem

off-topic, but i heard that Wellbutrin is the MOST painful drug to snort.
In addition to not getting you high.
I met a guy who has snorted both 2C drugs and wellbutrin and said wellbutrin was even more painful. "it felt like a semi truck hit my nose, i thought i was going to die." were his words

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I had feelings on Lexapro kind of like when you're hanging out in the sun and into a very good song, kind of tingly at the top of the head and carefree. Or I could just say "high". Not all the time, just more often and generally less bothered and more confident. I believe there are studies out there which show SSRI's can put one into a more "alpha" mindset.

But yeah, many can make you tired as shit all the time. Paxil was hellish for the few days I tested. Taking Remeron 45mg now, and it's difficult to get out of bed before 10am.

I've taken a few SSRI's (paxil and another I forget the same of) and for me at least the effects of taking them during the first months really amplified my depression. Also it killed my sex drive and made it hard to get hard and finish. If you're looking for an anti-depressant I'd go with DRI like wellbutrin. I'm on that and I have had no ill effects from it.

it's really hard to explain for me they make me feel less anxious and less feeling like something bad is going to happen and its a noticeable difference from when I take them and when I miss a couple of doses

I'd rather be depressed than be on SSRIs tbh. I have MDD and schizoaffective, but the MDD was diagnosed when i was 16 i was given different SSRIs i tried.
The side effects were bad and they didn't help.
I told my doctor, and his answer was always "Let's increase the dose!"

story of my life

congratulations, you are the first person to successfully get high on an SSRI

Something like that. Wouldn't advise using them as such, since the only thing likely to get high is BP from serotonin overload. When they work as hoped, lowered inhibitions can be quite nice for some.

I am coming from the voice of someone who has debilitating depression. It has cost me so much. I am so fortunate that my family and ,y husband give me as much support as they can understand. But just the thought of someone wanting to take SSRI's to feel good, it does not work that way. I do not think Effexor is an SSRI, but it is a drug given to me in a long line of treatment for depression, and coming off Effexor makes coming off oxycodone seem like a party. I know the latter is terrible (I have done it) so anyone please do not take offense. I am just trying to warn anyone from playing with depression drugs if you really are not so depressed you cannot live your life.

i took 200mg of zoloft when i was younger thinking that id feel good and i felt like complete shit for 2 days. couldn't sleep, kept yawning, felt wired but in a shitty way, got anxiety/panic attacks while it was working and was overall pretty shakey. never touched an antidepressant again. weirdly enough i ended up tramadol but that's beyond just an antidepressant and a weird drug in general. that made me feel good, but the good feeling of that is short lived and you exhaust the high super quickly taking it every day in staggered doses. then at one point it doesnt make sense to risk a seizure for something that will barely give you a buzz and just increase side effects in general. it does work pretty amazing for pain though. i think it's a better painkiller for general pain, ie back pain, than vicodin for example. because of it's long mechanism of action and for some reason the pain relief it gives you goes deep as opposed to vicodin that's way more short lived and superficial to me and works better for something like a headache imo. of course that's just my opinion based on my experiences, everybody is different biogenetically so a lot of people may not agree. i noticed for my body, different types of aches and pains require different types of painkillers for me to be properly dealt with. totally off topic, i know, sorry