songs you feel in your bones

The very first time I ever heard Sonhouse I was kinda scared of the "power" from his music, this is the version of "Death Letter Blues" I first heard decades ago.
Sonhouse is the real deal, sadly most never heard of the guy but know The White Stripes........go figure folks.

The very first time I ever heard Sonhouse I was kinda scared of the "power" from his music, this is the version of "Death Letter Blues" I first heard decades ago.
Sonhouse is the real deal, sadly most never heard of the guy but know The White Stripes........go figure folks.

He plays the guitar like a harp - incredible! The voices of yesteryear had far more soulful experience, for sure.
Some really, amazing recordings online.

Came across this, an old television broadcast, not as much auditary, grit but that voice.

Thank you to whoever posted The Traveling Wilburys song...
I just broke up with my boyfriend via it!

He plays the guitar like a harp - incredible! The voices of yesteryear had far more soulful experience, for sure.
Some really, amazing recordings online.

Came across this, an old television broadcast, not as much auditary, grit but that voice.

I 2nd this, I for one am so glad I live in this time where we have access to stuff online & with a very basic knowledge of the old deep south blues music you can go from someone like Robert Johnson & in 30 mins find the most raw & moving blues music you ever heard. Even though I like all kinds of music from really raw & brutal black metal to stuff like Aphex Twin I have a huge love for what I call proper blues like Sonhouse, Mississippi Fred McDowell etc, I think that is part of my love for southern Sludge too, bands like Buzzoven, Weedeater etc have the same kinda sound to their music in a way, nearly all th stuff by Dopethrone or the track Buzzoven - junkie owe so much to that early 1940's Mississippi Delta blues fans of that kinda music have no idea sadly.

Great to see you like Mahalia Jackson too, I love her stuff. You ever heard Wanda Jackson btw?.........

Thank you to whoever posted The Traveling Wilburys song...
I just broke up with my boyfriend via it!

I hope you didnt serenade it to him! Although, I find the best we to break-up with someone is act like your batshit and everyone feels like they're a winner, in a terrible situation. ;)
Hope you're doing ok btw, am making light but yeah they are awfully painful - does heal after a time, though. Wish you the best with yourself as you move on and you will, eventually, hold tough. ❤

I 2nd this, I for one am so glad I live in this time where we have access to stuff online & with a very basic knowledge of the old deep south blues music you can go from someone like Robert Johnson & in 30 mins find the most raw & moving blues music you ever heard. Even though I like all kinds of music from really raw & brutal black metal to stuff like Aphex Twin I have a huge love for what I call proper blues like Sonhouse, Mississippi Fred McDowell etc, I think that is part of my love for southern Sludge too, bands like Buzzoven, Weedeater etc have the same kinda sound to their music in a way, nearly all th stuff by Dopethrone or the track Buzzoven - junkie owe so much to that early 1940's Mississippi Delta blues fans of that kinda music have no idea sadly.

Great to see you like Mahalia Jackson too, I love her stuff. You ever heard Wanda Jackson btw?.........

Yes Mr ZP, I like the cut of her jib, musically. Am partial to all the non-paedophilic Jacksons, tbph ;)

In My Time if Dying - zeppelin
Nobody's fault but mine - zeppelin
Olympia - NOFX/Rancid
Stinkfist tool
Honky cat Elton John
Tiny dancer Elton John
Benny and the Jets elton
Golden years David bowie
Spirit in the sky Norman(?) greenbaum(?)
To name a few