songs you feel in your bones

Overkill - The Years Of Decay (1989)

Now that's a thrash semi-ballad that actually works on me and I used to not be into thrash where the vocals are Bobby Blitz' style, but we grow up I guess.

ugh^^^ He was authentic maybe on The Marshall Mathers(sic) LP but that's about it, he's been a joke since that album featuring him with a handgun everywhere in the insert, that was supposed to be his last album. He didn't want to look like hell in his 40's from partying like other white(well jewish, but that's the inside joke) rappers/punks the Beasties whom I love their 2004 album To The 5 Boroughs, which was purely hip-hop, but man, they looked like they aged fast in their 40's then, while Eminem has been under the knife, a lot, to keep looking like he's 25, superficial little bitch!

But whatever, he was intense and meaningful, also pretty funny when he wanted way back, so I'll give him that.

Sadly when I first heard this track I didn't know 100% what it was about, well I did but I had no direct experience like I do now.
These days when I play it I feel like crying, all the people I've known that are now dead or really messed up.

Sadly when I first heard this track I didn't know 100% what it was about, well I did but I had no direct experience like I do now.
These days when I play it I feel like crying, all the people I've known that are now dead or really messed up.

Hehe, that song is the odd one out on Smash, The Offspring even when a fully legit punk band 1989-1997, messed around with ska/punk, but they only made 2 songs like that, this one and Don't Pick It Up.

It'll Be A Long Time from Smash I still feel in my bones. Smash on one side of cassette and Ignition taped on the other side was my first exposure to punk and I was amazed, i was never a big music kid until my older cousin started taping me all of his CD's and vinyls on tapes.

Well, the time is swiftly rolling on
When I know that I must die
My body to the dust to return
And there for God and I

There is not so much that I've never done
Now you owe me no pay
You take me to the little hillside
And lower me beneath the clay

You may sing the songs that I used to sing
Talk about the things that I've done
When you take me to the little hillside
Leave me there all alone