sekio edit: Without lab testing, you as a layman can only guess at purity and composition of substances. Reagent color change tests can help to identify pure substances, but are unhelpful at identifying mixtures. Judging purity by weighing what you get out of a wash doesn't work, either - there's no guarantee that the residue is amphetamine. Bioassay ("tasting it") isn't of any use because of the number of drugs that can look and act similarly to amphetamines. Acetone and other solvent washes are meant to remove certain cuts you know have been added, not to purify or isolate amphetamine out of a mystery mix. (For purification of amphetamine out of mystery mixtures, acid/base extraction is the gold standard.) You can send drugs - pills, powders, or pastes to DanceSafe or Energy Control if you want professional GCMS testing. It's anonymous and worth the money.
Acetone and other solvents are flammable and should never be used around sparks or open flames (refrigerators, freezers, electric motors, furnaces). The vapours are volatile and can flash back to the container and cause a boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion. Always work with acetone in a well ventilated area, have something to clean up spills like vermiculite or cat litter (or paper towels or sawdust or something else absorbent) and wet it with cold water. Remember acetone will eat many plastics, paints, and varnishes.
Hey, I figured I would write down this simple guide to acetone washing as there doesn't seem to be too much information about it on the forums and it definitely has an added HR value. This method works for cocaine hcl, amphetamine sulphate and methamphetamine.
First let's get this common misconception out of the way. Amphetamine paste = Amphetamine sulphate =/= Amphetamine base. Another common slang is 'eurospeed'. The base is an oily liquid that evaporates at room temp and is therefore extremely rare. Most people won't ever come accross real amphetamine base unless they turn the sulphate into base themselves. Sulphate, or the common amphetamine 'paste' is not smokable (which real amphetamine base is). The paste is wet simply because it has remainders of solvents used in production, or added by dealers to add weight. Usually acetone and/or methanol, so it's wise to let your amps dry before using them, even if you're not cleaning your amphetamines, as both of those are very detrimental to the body. You can easily dry amphetamine sulphate 'paste' by smearing out the wanted amount on a DVD case (or whatever you have available), waiting 5 minutes and then scraping it together, or if you're more patient just leave the open baggy on the heater and all the solvents will evaporate until you're left with dry amphetamine sulphate.
Amphetamine sulphate, as well as cocaine are often cut with caffeine and other nasty active ingredients. When you're 100% certain of your source (doubtful in most cases) or can have it tested in a lab (I'm thinking Netherlands, Belgium) you will have no use for this method, but if you're buying and using it and do not have that certainty: there's this easy way to clean your amphetamines and remove most of those active cuts. (A good indication for caffeine in amphetamines/cocaine is that it won't chop to powder easily; but rather clump together and be a little sticky. What you're left with after an acetone wash will be a product that powders very easily and is notably more pure.) It's very simple; basically the nasty active cuts are soluble in acetone whereas amphetamines, cocaine and meth are not. A LOT of the cuts will be taken out by this method; but if it's cut with anything that is insoluble in acetone, that cut will of course be left behind.
- Amphetamine sulphate (duh)
- Pure acetone.
- a dish NSFW:
- A syringe and a Q-tip.NSFW:
- Alternatively you could use a coffeefilter, I advise against this as more amphetamines gets left behind in the filter this way.
- Cut open the baggy, remove the amphetamines, place on tray/plate.NSFW:
- Pour acetone over the amphetamines until it is well covered with acetone. If you need a ml amount; 10-15ml per gram is plenty. You can use as much as is convenient, just try to make it so you're not wasting too much acetone. Make sure the edge of your tray/dish is high enough so you can still stir it without spilling anything.
- Stir, make sure all the amphetamines are spread out and that there's no "lumps" left. The solution in your plate will be cloudy.
- Give it a minute to settle.
- Now take your syringe, and using the qtip as a filter, draw up the acetone with your syringe. Depending on the size of your syringe this can take a few times but shouldn't be too hard.NSFW:
- When you've drawn up all of the acetone that you used in the plate, and squirted it all in a container you'll be left with a pretty wet white paste, scrape this together.NSFW:
- Wait about 10-15mins for it to dry. Acetone is very volatile so it wil dissipate in no time. The amphetamines you'll be left with will be much, much purer, and cleaner in effects. They will also be more 'rocky' instead of sticky (if there was caffeine in them), and will chop up to powder a lot faster and easier.NSFW:
See any mistakes? Feel free to respond if something is unclear or if you see anything wrong with this post.
Last edited by a moderator: