• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

scattered scientific theories...??? (merged with: what's the speed of dark?)

I'll hazard a guess at B above... unharmed until it gets whacked by the car behind, that is.

OK, I got a very blank look when I tried this one on at Pharmacy, so I'll run it past you lot (Melbourne specific):

Candy kid hat-dancing. Is it

A) A form of complicated autoerotic head massage (oooh, baby, my scalp is tingling). Or

B) A massive parallel-computing architecture. When all the different nodes in the hat-dancing network are twirling their caps in unison, depending on direction and velocity they communicate over the ether and solve complex problems like SETI analysis and protein-folding simulations.

I just don't know.

pseudo: b. effectively there's no change for the fly. the only problem is when half of his body is outside of the car and half is inside; if he moves quickly enough it is as if he is just flying totally as normal. conversely, if he managed to move slowly, and was going *very* slowly as he went from inside to out, he would, yes, be pushed backward by the wind and pressure.

this is all assuming that there is no wind though, of course.

and lol joellercoaster :D

A question for the scattered: What's the speed of dark?

During today's scatterday episode of shit talking I was asked the question, What is the speed of dark? Well talk about a mind fuck job. I thought to myself, what a brilliant question. I mean we all know that light travels pretty bloody fast right, but what about the dark. So I came up with the following possibilities,

1) Zero - The darkness does not move because darkness is merely the road in which light travels. But surely if the universe is moving, so must the dark right?

2) The speed of light - The dark travels with the light at the same speed, but the darks sole purpose is to consume light and cancel out it out.

3) The negative speed of light - The darkness sets out to block light out by applying an equally opposite force.

Well what is it?

p.s. Should not post while stoned. :|

I'm gonna go with No. 2

Dark is just a hitch hiker in in the hotted up Torana of light. It only gets out
once the ride is over.
:)

[22:04] <BigTrancer> heh. dark travels faster than light
[22:04] <BigTrancer> but not as fast as stupid.

Dark is the absence of light. Therefore dark travels at the same speed as light because it can only become dark as fast as light can go away.

Meh.

PS. I would have ignored this thread if I was sober ;)

josh_nexus said:
Dark is the absence of light. Therefore dark travels at the same speed as light because it can only become dark as fast as light can go away.

Nice philosophical asnwer, though us science geeks have inverse square laws to account for ;)...

But dark is, like you said, the absense of light, light is a "thing" (the wavelength and the particle) it exists, whereas, the real question is Do you define dark as the quasi-metaphysical absense of light? or as The physical road (read: time-space continum) for which light travels?

Actually, in a way, its more than the speed of light.

The universe is far wider in light years than it is old, due to increasing positive acceleration. So although the universe may be say 7.8 million light years old, it may be 78 light years across.

That is, if you want to measure that way. Myself, Id say its unquantifiable.

Unless of course you include "dark matter" (which is estimated to account for around 90% of the mass of the universe). If you wanted to model that, there's interesting work going on in Russia regarding modelling it using hypercooled liquid helium.

But, it must be bloody fast... it always seems to fuck off quickly at 5:30am whenever Im getting home and forgot my sunnies. ;)

^
then it, is also much less than the speed of light at the same time, hence - its not a physical thing and shouldnt be regarded as such. Well, it is...its just not classical physics.

I was so gonna post something on dark matter, but i couldnt figured out how to fit it in:(

Hrmmm.... I'm abit less drunk now.

KemicalBurn; You're a WIMP for not posting something about dark matter. I, on the other hand, am MACHO enough to create a fairly lame joke about the topic at hand.

;) =D

If you dont know, ask BT. :)

lol, i dont remember what they stand for, but im smart enough to know about your puns, josh :p

Hrmmm.... I believe it would be Weakly Interacting Massive Particles and MAssive Compact Halo Objects respectively.

I could be wrong though. Ive been busy unlearning all of my physics since my last exam 2 weeks ago. Damn weed. ;)

i'm going to merge this thread, because it's pretty much running over the same ground as the scattered science theories :)

I had this theory a while back while discussing the phenominom of DeJa vu.
Could it be possible that along with all the other genetic charachteristics we inherit from our parents, grandparents etc. we aslo inherit memories? When you come across a certain situation or place these recessive memories are triggered giving you the feeling of " DeJa vu"

Have i posted this before?

Naughtiest_Maximus said:
I had this theory a while back while discussing the phenominom of DeJa vu.
Could it be possible that along with all the other genetic charachteristics we inherit from our parents, grandparents etc. we aslo inherit memories? When you come across a certain situation or place these recessive memories are triggered giving you the feeling of " DeJa vu"

Have i posted this before?

Actually yes you have.

How do I know this???

Easy.........You see, as suggested earlier, I am in fact you although a different incarnation to that which I am (you are) now.

I was (you were) actually born a cat in a past incarnation and was used in an experimentation by myself whereby I covered my paws with butter and this other chicken stuff and then I flew to the moon and put a big white plush pile white carpet down in order to attract myself to the moon after being propelled upward well, in fact pointed at the moon.

In the meantime I was, as already suggested, an incarnation of myself being you and yes I wrote that post you are (I am) discussing although it would appear that you (I) can only partly remember it.

Your (my) theory is in fact correct and yes your (my) memories are in fact passed on from generation to generation although every now and then a few are lost or at least partly lost..........this is because every time I try to send myself as a cat up to the moon, the travel through the vacuum creates just that...........a Vacuum in my head and some bits get lost...........presumably to help fill the vacuum that is space.

This has actually become the major priority for my research. While I was Einstein, I thought that I had actually found an answer and it related very closely to the ammount of crumbs that were found in the butter dish prior to me actually using the butter but this has still not been proven by myself either as Einstein or as the cat or as you or as Myself now or anybody else that I have been reincarnated as.

On a lighter note..........I am getting very tired of being everybody in various incarnations and I am particularly tired of being a maggot and would appreciate it if someone copuld develop a means of stopping this incarnation from occurring.

Damn..........Why am I talking to myself so much?????