Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Regional Doofs and harm reduction parties

Heisenberg

Ex-Bluelighter
Is there much harm reduction at regional doofs?
Seeing as sometimes they can be hours and hours away from any type of hospital or anything are organised doofs well known for not having much harm reduction. Im sure people would help each other out, of course. but i think a lot of people that say I've just taken 5 blotters and i think im dying, most doofers would comfort them and say ride it out, but as you know, blotter tabs dont just contain LSD these days. Back years ago it was basically LSD and LSA or LSD derivatives or nothing at all, but now they can contain chemicals which can really mess you up physically and have caused deaths such as bromo dragonfly, DOM, DOB, DOI, 5-meo-AMT etc.

I don't really know what you mean by harm reduction, I have seen ravesafe tents at bigger doofs a couple times, and a lot of parties will have someone trained in first aid but there isn't ambos on standby. I think if you are going to a doof you need to realise that you won't be able to get medical attention very quickly if it comes down to it.

^ Harm reduction as in educating people on how to stay safe when drinking alcohol or using drugs, providing first aid, water, providing a chill out zone, etc...

I've worked with RaveSafe in QLD at major festivals this year, haven't had a chance to go to any 'doofs' with them yet though but they sound like a lot of fun. phase_dancer will be able to give you more information about what they do there.

Regarding tabs containing RCs rather then LSD... that's nothing new really, DOx was being sold as LSD back in the '60s.

Something I've always wondered, how long can you have a tab in your mouth without absorbing enough of the substance on it to get an effect? Anyone who's taken DoX knows that it has a very distinctive, bitter flavour, compared to LSD. Easy way of distinguishing the two, but I'm not sure if you'd end up getting dosed regardless if you tried that.

^ Probably less then a minute? Not sure, it only takes a matter of seconds for the substance to start absorbing.

What happened to the QLD earthcore (or was it earth dance??) a couple years ago, someone OD'd on something and they couldnt get to an ambulance for hours.

Something I've always wondered, how long can you have a tab in your mouth without absorbing enough of the substance on it to get an effect? Anyone who's taken DoX knows that it has a very distinctive, bitter flavour, compared to LSD. Easy way of distinguishing the two, but I'm not sure if you'd end up getting dosed regardless if you tried that.

Bromo doesnt have much of a taste at 1-2mg.
Nothing like DOX's

^ Harm reduction as in educating people on how to stay safe when drinking alcohol or using drugs, providing first aid, water, providing a chill out zone, etc...

I've worked with RaveSafe in QLD at major festivals this year, haven't had a chance to go to any 'doofs' with them yet though but they sound like a lot of fun. phase_dancer will be able to give you more information about what they do there.

Regarding tabs containing RCs rather then LSD... that's nothing new really, DOx was being sold as LSD back in the '60s.

I've never been to any party where i was educated about drugs (edit: i lied, i did get given baggies at one party with frangers and a little leaflet about drugs and combining them and shit), well not by people who were getting paid to do it. Water at doofs is hit and miss, some sites will have clean water taps (big parties) whereas small ones it's fend for yourself.

First aid will be present at any larger party but again when there is like 20-50 people at a party you might not get someone who knows first aid.

As for chill out space, it's in the bush, take a 5min walk in any direction and you will find somewhere soft to sit or lay. Most people that come will do so by driving or tagging along so generally the car is another sort of safehaven.

Your going to a party hours away from professional help, that is the first thing that needs to be kept in mind.
You have got to know your drug limitations and try not cross that border because if you fuck up then things will most likely get worse for you.

At a previous doof I saw a young girl who triple dunked acid.. She was going fucking metal and all that people could do to help was to sit on her on the ground to try restrain her.
Seeing something like that at a doof really makes you realize how cautious you need to be..

Thats real important, i didn't think of that.. running water or enough water to buy.

...Back years ago it was basically LSD and LSA or LSD derivatives or nothing at all, but now they can contain chemicals which can really mess you up physically and have caused deaths such as bromo dragonfly, DOM, DOB, DOI, 5-meo-AMT etc.

DOM or STP (Serenity, Tranquility & Peace) was widely used in the mid-60's
DOB came popular in the mid 70's

I know but they were sold as small LSD pills. Some batches were upto 10mg strong DOM, people thought they were just your average bigger than usual microdot or MDA pills later on. In fact in the late 60's and 70s a cook got done at uSYD for making very good LSD for years and years, and after that there was a load of DOM + methderine mixes going around and thats when it all went pear shaped for a lot of people. Hospitalisations etc. It you have a body load, you're not consumsing pure LSD.

It you have a body load, you're not consumsing pure LSD.

I think that's a bit of an excessive statement. Certainly you can feel the difference between DoX and LSD, but even a dose of LSD has a fair amount of bodily sensation, it's not a purely mental experience.

Thats the thing. Ask someone here thats tried the real stuff and they will know what Im talking about. Street LSD most of the time has body discomfort. You finally taste purity and its real magic. The visuals and mindspace are unlike most street tabs local to Australia.

Do you actually have some hypothesis as to why street LSD would cause a body high but some nebulous 'pure' stuff you've gotten a hold of doesn't? I was under the impression that the physical sensations were an inherent part of the LSD experience.

^+1 Any and all LSD i've taken, had some degree of body load. Even the 'purest' (imo weak as piss) stuff had some kind of body load.

^ Same here. LSD is a vasoconstrictive agent; obviously not to the same extent as the DOx compounds, but it does have that property and can cause weird bodily sensations, some cramping etc... though if these side effects are pretty heavy then it would seem you have something else.

Maybe someone from swizerland and holland can jump in and back me up in another thread this time. Americans and Aussies get pretty damn crappy acid most of the time

^ Well, I won't debate the quality of acid I have used but I will say I am acquainted with the good stuff. ;)

Even Erowid lists body temperature increases, heart rate elevations, tension, mucous production, etc... as side effects of LSD use. It's just a part of what 5-HT psychedelics do, LSD I have found so far tends to have less prominent side effects then other psychs but they are still there, and some people may be more susceptible to them then others.

Maybe someone from swizerland and holland can jump in and back me up in another thread this time. Americans and Aussies get pretty damn crappy acid most of the time

I KNOW WHAT THE SWISS WOULD SAY

You're full of shit.

Sorry mods but someone had to say it...

There is definately some shit tabs containing DO* and other compounds doing the rounds in Aus, i wont disagree there even for a second.

I'm not going to let other Bl'ers sit and read this untruthful crap from a harm reduction forum!

This is the bullshit that gets passed down from uninformed drug users and starts an endless cycle.