European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recommend another good movie per post

I thought that it had potential to be good but failed miserably. :\

Going to go see Three Monkeys tomorrow.

Over all, an amazing film, and comprared to Greg Araki's other films, a total masterpiece.

haha fuckoffff doom generation and nowhere are class =D rose mcgowan was incredibly fuckable before she fucked her face/body/everything up.

watchmen out at the weekend i am really excited!

haha fuckoffff doom generation and nowhere are class =D rose mcgowan was incredibly fuckable before she fucked her face/body/everything up.

watchmen out at the weekend i am really excited!

haha I must admit I loved nowhere.

Saw Three Monkeys today, tis good. I'm off to bed now but will put up pics, review, trailer etc tomorrow.

Pi%20movie%20poster.jpg

Pi! Watched this last night with a friend, and I must say I thought that it was very good. Well written and directed and a bit gritty. I love such well thought out movies :D

Great characters too! I'd definitely recommend it. Has anyone else watched it?

Used to be a favourite of mine as a stoner teenager :) Haven't seen it in years though, been meaning to track it down and traumatise my girlfriend with it :D

I think it would go straight over my gf's head. Although she might like it, as she loved reading Dan Brown's books. I think I underestimate her, but she should really project her intellect more to me, and then I wouldn't :(

Pi is brilliant, it left me feeling not quite right for days after but I think I am susceptible to such things.

I recommend Dark City

dcbig.jpg

I am surprised it was my first time seeing this last night, seeing as it's something that's right up my alley. The film is a good combination of a crime mystery thriller and a dystopian sci-fi flick. Rufus Sewell plays a man who wakes up in a bathtub with no memory at all and receives a phone call from a man claiming to be his doctor (played by Kiefer Sutherland) warning him that people are after him. It quite quickly becomes apparent that something is not quite right about dark city, why is it that nobody can remember the last time they did anything in the day time? Why does the city seem to change every day? Why do those who get a deeper glimpse into the workings of their city apparently go insane? With strong supporting performances from William hurt and Jennifer Connelly I’m not claiming this to be a masterpiece, just a worthwhile watch for any sci fi fans. This seems to be another of the films which the matrix took inspiration from.

I just watched Gomorra http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/

was expecting it to be better, it was pretty hyped when it came out and I missed it then. Over all it was decent, but it was pretty long and dull. Not what I was expecting at all.

You sure you haven't seen this already, I seem to remember us having a conversation (more than likely in this thread) about it? I must be going mad, or you are. ;) :D

I agree, was rather boring for the most part, not the gangster flick to rival the Godfather etc as it was being touted. It wasn't at all what I expected. Fair enough it told real life stories but they didn't go anywhere nor where very interesting. Dissapointing. :\

106700-large.jpg

A family, dislocated when small failings blow up into extravagant lies, battles against the odds to stay together by covering up the truth…In order to avoid hardship and responsibilities that would otherwise be impossible to endure, the family chooses to ignore the truth, not to see, hear or talk about it. But does playing “Three Monkeys” invalidate the truth of its existence?

Trailer: http://www.azmovies.net/three-monkeys.html

Good film this, nicely shot and scenic too. An employee takes the rap for his high flying boss over an accident in exchange for a lump sum of cash but there prove to be consequences for the whole family.

1725-large.jpg

Trailer: http://www.lovefilm.com/product/detail.html?product_id=1725&auto_show_trailer=1&show_trailer=1

Peter Mullan (ORPHANS, MISS JULIE) won the Best Actor award at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival for his performance as Joe Kavanagh, a recovering alcoholic in his late thirties. Like half the people in his impoverished Glasgow neighborhood, he's unemployed and struggles to get by between odd jobs and the dole, along with coaching a ragtag soccer team largely consisting of delinquents. As difficult as his life may seem, he's buoyed by a willed optimism that he realizes is the only alternative to reverting to his addiction. When he's caught by a niggling unemployment official while doing the odd wallpapering job for social worker-nurse Sarah Downie (Louise Goodall), she helps to keep him from losing his sinecure. The two soon begin a tentative relationship, but Joe remains connected to his former life through his young friend Liam (David McKay), an ex-con and former addict. Mullan is utterly believable as another of social realist director Ken Loach's characters attempting to negotiate the tough climate of 1980s Great Britain.

A sensational Scottish film, everything you'ld expect from a film set in Glasgow - gritty, raw, violent, drug fueled and a bit of sex. Peter Mullan on top form as always.

105539-large.jpg

A battle between the world's 2 greatest minds begins when Light Yagami finds the Death Note, a notebook with the power to kill, and decides to rid the world of criminals. Live action version of the original Anime.

I <3 this film and it's not usually the sort of thing I'd be into. I love the idea of someone being able to decide who lives and who dies and even detailing how they die.

64832-large.jpg

An Academy Award winning film about a gritty young gang leader named Tsotsi who lives on the dangerous and crime-ridden streets of Johannesburg, South Africa. This deeply affecting film traces six days in Tsotsi's life in which he ends up caring for a baby he accidentally kidnaps during a carjacking. With the baby's welfare at stake, Tsotsi is compelled to confront his own brutal nature and face the consequences of his actions if he ever wishes to find redemption in his life. This riveting drama about the triumph of love over rage is based on the acclaimed book by author and playwright Athol Fugard and features South African dance music, Kwaito.

Trailer: http://www.lovefilm.com/product/detail.html?product_id=64832&auto_show_trailer=1&show_trailer=1

119076-large.jpg

Walt Kowalski, an iron-willed veteran living in a changing world, who is forced by his immigrant neighbors to confront his own long-held prejudices. The people he once called his neighbors have all moved or passed away, replaced by Hmong immigrants, from Southeast Asia, he despises. Resentful of virtually everything and everyone he sees, Walt is just waiting out the rest of his life, until the night his teenage neighbor Thao tries to steal his prized '72 Gran Torino, under pressure from Hmong gang-bangers. But Walt stands in the way of both the heist and the gang, making him the reluctant hero of the neighborhood-especially to Thao's mother and older sister, Sue, who insist that Thao work for Walt as a way to make amends. Though he initially wants nothing to do with these people, Walt eventually gives in and puts the boy to work, setting into motion an unlikely friendship that will change both their lives.

Trailer: http://www.lovefilm.com/product/detail.html?product_id=119076&auto_show_trailer=1&show_trailer=1

Despite me being sure this wasn't going to be very good it's actually very entertaining. A total ridicolous and over acted film to the point of being cheesey but it was hilarious. Whole cinema in floods of laughter throughout. The dialouge is :D.

I watched The Reader this afternoon, it was OK, but not overly great. Found it quite difficult to beleive the story, the film just didn't really draw me in. First 45 mins are basically Kate Winslett naked or getting fucked.

the film tsotsi was very good.it was on sky on a saturday morning about 10 o clock,i was glued to it.some brillant scenes in it.makes you think how good your life is.

Nowhere is one of my all-time favourites. I keep recommending it to people, and they continue to ignore me. :|

Bonus points for the inclusion of Debi Mazar. Always a winner IME. :D <3

Nowhere.jpg