• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pseudoephedrine Scheduling Changes

A less severe approach would be making the drugs prescription-only, Dr Haikerwal said.

Of course, that's a great idea too, not that it would benefit doctors in anyway. :p

i am up in phillip island and bought 2 packets of demizin yesterday with out gettig asked anything... and yes they do contain sudo...

wierd

Yeah sometimes they cannot be fucked. I've seen bikies come in to certain places buying multipkle orders (dont ask me where, im not telling you)... its a manditory system but no one is counting the stock.

If this means the amount of Meth being imported goes up...the fucking "A". The local shit for the past god knows how long is pissing me off. I've resorted to buying speed these days, as what passes for crystal meth is just fucked.

KostoN said:
Methcathinone

PLEASE PLEASE make it 2cT2 PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!

Fuck crystal meth, the come up is too fuckin dirty!

Pure and Utter bliss is my search!

SpecTBK=D

FUCK ME!

This Robert Pyne has a HUGE vendetta on drugs! He's going down, if this prick is in your electorate do not vote him back in! I love the Liberal's, except this prick.

A Labour government is trying to get in on Browny points with the *non illicit using public*, with strict drug laws and tougher penalties! the solution- Vote the Liberals!!!

SpecTBK=D

Tip: Goto the chemist with hayfever symptoms 5-10 minutes or so before close time. I actually had a runny nose, red eyes and face looked fucked. but i'm sure you could punch yourself in the nose a few times and rub your eyes or smoke some cones.

Just found another chemist that just added $2 on top of the price and gave me pseudo containing meds without seeing my ID or putting it into the computer, or book or anything like that. What a legend he was head pharmacist too! Need more people like this in chemists... He knows the alternatives don't do SHIT. Or he closed the computer and didn't feel like loading it back up and what not and wanted to go home.

hoptis said:
Of course, that's a great idea too, not that it would benefit doctors in anyway. :p

I just saw this comment! I can't think of single doctor, myself included, who needs more work. GPs are full up to the brim just seeing people who are really sick. They do not need/want more work. To be honest, there's not much you can do for colds and flu anyway except advise people to rest and drink water. Making pseudoephedrine script only would mean all those sensible souls who don't currently go to the doctor when they get a cold would arrive in droves, infecting the people in the waiting room with sprained ankles, and leading stressed GPs into the arms of alcohol addiction. /End rant.

NSW to crack down on illegal drug labs
June 6, 2007 - 6:40PM

People who buy cold and flu tablets in NSW will soon have their names added to an Australia-wide computer database as part of a crackdown on illegal drug labs.

Tablets containing pseudoephedrine are being bought in large quantities by so-called pseudo runners who sell them on to drug barons, NSW Premier Morris Iemma says.

The cold and flu tablets were then being cooked up into killer drugs such as speed and ice in secret labs, Mr Iemma told reporters in Sydney.

Under Project STOP, which is a joint initiative with the Pharmacy Guild of Australia, chemists will ask people for photo identification before they sell medications containing pseudoephedrine, and then enter buyers' details into the database.

Although the scheme isn't mandatory for chemists or purchasers, the government believes it will be effective.

"This online database will log sales and identify so-called pseudo runners who buy cold and flu tablets from different pharmacies," Mr Iemma said.

"This database will target criminals."

The premier said people with legitimate reasons for buying the medicines had "nothing to fear".

Police Minister David Campbell said the database already operated in Queensland and had produced impressive results.

In the first 14 months of operation, he said, it had helped identify 211 suspected pseudo runners and seven illegal drug labs.

"This should put a major dent in the dangerous operations of backyard drug cooks who are risking lives in our suburbs," Mr Campbell said.

Asked what would stop runners from simply refusing to hand over their drivers license, Mr Campbell said: "It may be pharmacists choose not to sell the product in that circumstance".

"That's the beauty of the system."

Tough laws controlling the sale of cold and flu tablets containing pseudoephedrine were introduced in 2006.

The medicines can only be brought from pharmacists who must ask for photo identification.

The government said taking the next step, and asking pharmacists to enter those names into a national database, did not breach any privacy laws.

Project STOP will begin next month.

SMH

BS. As i have said before importing ice isnt as hard as one would think, not that I have tried, truthfully, just heard b y word of ear. Get a government officcial that takes drugs on in it, (Navy anyone?) and you're set for life after 2 or 3 shipmewnts.. This pseudo shit i acvtually do applause somewhat for killing the market of shit unwashed and fast-synthed'd speed. BUT.... It is still around.. QLD ID's are way too easy to fake.

Special-T.B.K said:
FUCK ME!

This Robert Pyne has a HUGE vendetta on drugs! He's going down, if this prick is in your electorate do not vote him back in! I love the Liberal's, except this prick.

A Labour government is trying to get in on Browny points with the *non illicit using public*, with strict drug laws and tougher penalties! the solution- Vote the Liberals!!!

SpecTBK=D
Dude are you serious!! How the hell can you honestly say that the liberals of all political parties have softer policies on drugs than Labor!? Your statement is utterly rediculous!

Its Christopher Pyne btw..

pseudoephedrine

How much Pseudoephedrine (sudafed in USA) does someone buy that makes Meth? I always thought an illegal laboratory required buying it by the truck load, but now I am reading about people buying cold meds and making speed.

Is it really feasable or is this something high school kids are trying?

The yield is pretty high, with the "nazi" method of converting pseudo to meth.. If it was done properly, in a real lab and purified.

I'm still very surprised how much pharmcies in QLD only use the computewr method when they think something suspicious. The younger they arem the more prone they are to givew you those "Other Prescription Details" Note where you put any name and address without showing ID, or just plain sold them without any labelling at all. And these medecines are the maximum mg of pseudo u can have in a packet. I managed to even buy 2 boxes at once at one small place. I probably usae pseudo a bit too much but its the only thing that lets me sleep at night at this time of year becauyse of bad hayfever, as i can only sleep breathing through my nose.

Scheme praised over pseudo runners halt
June 23, 2007 - 12:09AM

An online database that prevents "pseudo runners" from buying up dozens of packets of cold and flu medicine for manufacture into illegal drugs has won a national award.

The Pharmacy Guild of Australia's Project STOP, which was rolled out across Queensland's chemists from late 2005, received the Excellence in Law Enforcement award at the National Drug & Alcohol Awards in Sydney.

It tracks the sale of pseudoephedrine-based medicines to prevent multiple purchases by one person, and it is credited with a drop in the number of illegal drug laboratories and 30 arrests.

Guild president Kos Sclavos said Project STOP would be rolled out to chemists across the country.

"The diversion of pseudoephedrine for illegal manufacture into methamphetamines is a global problem," Mr Sclavos said.

"The national roll-out of Project STOP will help community pharmacy and law enforcement fight the misuse of cold and flu medications across Australia, and maintain access to these effective medicines for legitimate consumers."

Large quantities of over-the-counter pseudoephedrine-based medicines have been used to make illegal drugs such as speed and ice.

SMH

They only get stock/record audits every 18 months unless there is enough suspicion so QLD chemists can still sell pseudo unregistered, unlabeled quite easily if they want. And I know many shops that do. Not that I ever make speed or ice or sell it to bikies or anything, I just need the medecine a lot for my allergies and hayfever. Antihistamines only unblock one of my nostrils, and yes both old and new types... must be some sort of nose damage? But pseudo makes them clean as a whistle and able to breathe better at night to get sleep.

pill_jockey said:
I totally agree. The new PE (Phenylephrine) formula does sweet fuck all and when you tell them this and ask for pseudoephedrine they treat you like a criminal because you know what medication works for you.

I totally agree, the new PE formula does nothing for my sinuses. Pseudo is the only thing that clears me up and i am sick of being treated like a criminal!

I only take speed once in a blue moon but know so many in the business that this STOP program is failing to even come close to stopping the supply to.

If i can get a steady supply of imported substances like coke in country Aus then they have no chance when it comes to controlling an over the counter (much needed) drug like pseudoephedrine.

Once again the pollies are trying to make it look like they are doing something about drugs *rolls eyes*

Went to 5 different chemists today and not one had the medication I needed in [had script].
All the same story about break-ins and meth manufacturing
By the way they were reacting, I wouldn't be surprised if it disappeared from the overnight order lol.

This scare mongering doesn't seem to have had any influence on the chemists near me. I can still buy cold and flu medications with no hassels. I hope it stays this way...

Hyde backs drug sale database
MICHAEL OWEN, POLITICAL REPORTER
August 03, 2007 02:15am

POLICE Commissioner Mal Hyde is supporting a plan for an online database to record the details of people buying products containing pseudoephedrine.

The national database plan is based on a Queensland system which tracks sales of over-the-counter flu medications which contain pseudoephedrine, primarily to identify unusual bulk purchases.

Under a national proposal, supported by SA Police, a database set up by the Queensland Pharmacy Guild would be expanded so police could identify frequent or suspicious buyers.

The sale of pseudoephedrine products has been linked in SA with a dramatic increase in break-ins and ram-raids believed to be associated with the "ice" epidemic.

Pseudoephedrine - found in cold and flu treatments - can be used to produce illegal drugs such as ice.

Proposed new laws for an SA database were dropped this year in favour of the national approach out of Queensland.

A spokeswoman for Mr Hyde said SA Police would support the proposal.

"SAPOL will support the proposal for police access to an online data base of pseudoephedrine purchasers, to be maintained by pharmacies and funded federally," she said.

Family First MLC Dennis Hood, who had proposed state legislation for an SA database, said the federal initiative would be reviewed in 12 months.

AdelaideNow