• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

Its beautiful man!

˙·٠•●♥ [ ȟåקקÿ βȋȑțȟďåÿ ž¤קȋçȽ¤ñ£ βåñďȋț! ] ♥●•٠·˙
I love it myself, that doggo & me were best friends & I'd always take her for walks, feed her the dinner etc.

Bork will go on forever.
ev0dqj946wk31.png

That's awesome @Zopiclone bandit and happy birthday 😘

Thanks, I just hope your KGB trained uncle doesn't come in the night to steal my toys & kill me.
God I laughed so hard when I read that the other day, you know how sometimes you read stuff on a Internet forum & it stays with you forever? Well that will forever be stuck in my mind when I see your posts / avatar.

Last edited:
Thanks, I just hope your KGB trained unclke doesn't come in the night to steal my toys & kill me.
God I laughed so hard when I read that the other day, you know how sometimes you read stuff on a Internet forum & it stays with you forever? Well that will forever be stuck in my mind when I see your posts / avatar.

I always leave some kind of impression , rarely good so why not

eva%2Bionesco.jpg

eva ionesco by irina ionesco. in part because i watched a fictional movie about it last nigt. also i legitimately like this photo. lots of irina's photos are over exploitative to bordering on child abuse despite technically being art -- usually not good art -- but eva's dress is beautiful and so is her pose. soft face princess.

bigger version if you right click.

Last edited:
I have done graffiti for many years. This is just outlines. Done in around 30 minutes,

I did shadows. Still need to do background and inlines.

I got lots of cool stuff, i can put it here if anyone intrested.

dig the Baby Doll Clown Killers series by mike cockrill ...

grave%2Bcondition%2Boil%2Bon%2Bcanvis%2B1997%2Bmike%2Bcockrill.jpg

"Grave Condition" 1997 oil on canvas

why? because 10-year-old girls in frocks with bows in their hair being cruel toward sad men is my kinda content. look at the dress -- adorable. while trying to pick only one piece to honor op's intent, gonna give a runner-up ...

NSFW:

the%2Bmirror%2Bgame%2Boil%2Bon%2Bcanvas%2B1997%2Bmike%2Bcockrill.jpg

The Mirror Game because it's a bit more sadistic. forcing the clown to watch. the shooter's outfit is doll. that jumper and plastic headband. the aesthetic isn't quite at the same level in The Mirror Game and the shooter is more wholesome looking in Grave Condition.

When my five year-old daughter first saw one of my Clown Killer paintings she said. “I like that dress.” I asked her, “Can you see what is happening in the painting?” “Yes.” She answered. “That girl is going to kill that clown.” “What do you think about that?” I asked. My daughter responded. “It’s okay. Clowns are yucky.”

Last edited:
E%25CC%2580ve%2BMorcrette%2B%25E2%2580%2593%2BRue%2BPerdonnet%2B%25281986%2529.jpg

"Rue Perdonnet" by ève morcrette, 1986

another pleasant photograph of little girl spinning in pretty dress with celestial tone. other examples include "Ava Twirling" by nan goldin and "Virginia at 9" by sally mann.

unrelated, other than i found it on the same tumblr account ...

“Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit - all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It’s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them.”
― brian eno, A Year With Swollen Appendices

Last edited:
I'm getting an error message with imgur link using the image linker, sorry guys.

"Hamzilla" (2020)
Artist: Noah Bounds
Medium: Acrylic on panel

I feels because.. well I'm the bus most days.

e7ZwMlR.jpg

"The Curved Line of the Instant," an Art Deco inspired ōban or large-sized woodblock print by Japanese shin hanga (新版画, new prints) artist Kobayakawa Kiyoshi (小早川清, 1899 - 1948 ) published by Hasegawa in 1932.

Something about it speaks to me. I guess I've been thinking about fragility a bit. Also thinking about how that fragility manifests itself and how it can be a double-edged sword at times. I also just really like it, the liberation and fragility all at the same time.

HPUilOk.jpg

Reach Out, Valentin Pavageau, 2020

I just like it because it's so uniform yet so disorienting at the same time. I think it speaks to me because I feel a bit lonely today....I think. I am not sure exactly what I'm feeling. I think it's just a bit of Covid isolation fever.

Friend of mine just got into a pretty big magazine. She does crazy stuff with reactive paper and camera work. I'm just feeling an artsy day soon, so that's why these.

mNtUc4I.jpg

oDpB73R.jpg