• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pillreports password?

nice, i think it will take a bit of getting use to. but i look forward to it.

Is there any reason why all the current reports have no reagent test results and the suspected contents are all listed as unknown?

Is this because the data has been exported from old PR?

Whilst it looks great, I think the date of the report and possibly the test result (or at least if it was tested) should be viewable from the main page and not merely from following the link.

Congratulations on all the hard work though.

hey guys,

in porting the data across we could only sustain a portion of what existed.. it was that or nothing im afraid - we apologise for the inconvenience and intend to flush the database of this old data in a few weeks i believe once it is repopulated with new information that is entire and up to date.

Are pillreports.com no longer including a discussion thread possibility for each pill reported? That was the best characteristic about the old one, the fact that you could discuss the pill, its effects and whether or not it is the same one you had at home (incase there was no pic).
Will you be including that later?

ok... forgive for I am an idiot. I didn't realise the names of the pills were the links to the comments page. Apollogies 8)

good job, looks and seems to work really well. cept for the old data. GUess we have to supply some new reports? Whats this new site made with? Is this a theme? cheers guys we appreciate all the hard work!

Hooray, people who don't flame us for giving them something for nothing :)

Not but seriously, appreciate your feedback guys, whether it be good or bad.

If there are any suggestions or bugs you have please report them to the emails listed on the site.

Russ.

hey guys,

i just realised i never introduced myself to anyone earlier and had been sporadically posting comments on the progress of the site which may have been confusing since no one knows me :) my company did the redev of pillreports (well we did all the bits you like.. see the enlighten crew for the bits you dont and find out who is responsible :p ) ...

seriously though, a lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into the site and i hope you guys get a lot of benefit from it.. it has been a bit of an honour for me and my team to be involved in rebuilding a site that we have used ourselves for many years and hold in such high regard.

oh yes hats of to mac, jb, ruski and the rest for all their help, support, late night meetings across borders and nations .. heh.. and oh yes .. phonebook size planning docs ( thanks there mac .. you still hold the record for most thorough brief ever.. the university you attend must be superb and its printers low on ink :p )

the best news too which I think you all know .. this is just phase 1 :)

while i remember, due to the sheer time constraints of club health 2005 we havent really gotten to test the GPRS side of things much (ive had a play but only for about 2 minutes ) .. we know it works and i tried to make it as easy as possible for you all to use by putting the search button as the first in the nav .. but yer if you guys feel the urge and have the hardware, have a browse and id be interested to hear some feedback.. remember though that weve just launched phase 1 so any changes you might want wont happen until at least phase 2 sorry guys.. unless of course its something blatantly obvious that doesnt work in which case we'll address it.

in any regard, please dont bombard me with update requests as we here at whitecursor are just the men behind macs briefing documents ... but yes I thought I would introduce myself and on behalf of all our team here at whitecursor, say I hope you all enjoy the site and get as much if not more from it in the coming years as we all have in the past.

and before i forget too.. mac mentioned there could be a segment on nine news tonight on PR and enlighten (tho it may have been last night.. ) .. might be worth watching if it turns out to be correct.

peace

poledriver said:
good job, looks and seems to work really well. cept for the old data. GUess we have to supply some new reports? Whats this new site made with? Is this a theme? cheers guys we appreciate all the hard work!

Made with? This isn't a 'do it yourself Microsoft Frontpage' Job. If it sounds like I'm offended, it probably is because I am :)

There is no "theme" or prebuilt back end engine. The entire site was coded using CSS, XHTML, DOM, XML, PHP 5.x and has a MySQL 4.1.x database backend. The server itself runs on FreeBSD w/Apache 2.x as the web daemon.

The programs themselves ranged from text editors, Macromedia Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop.

Whitecursor has spent almost 3-5 months preparing this site to the standard you see here today, all in all there is probably tens of thousands worth of work that has been done to the site..

Biscuit said:
Is there any reason why all the current reports have no reagent test results and the suspected contents are all listed as unknown?

Is this because the data has been exported from old PR?

Whilst it looks great, I think the date of the report and possibly the test result (or at least if it was tested) should be viewable from the main page and not merely from following the link.

Congratulations on all the hard work though.

Yeah the data was manually imported due to the major differences in database schema (and database backend) from the old PR --> new PR. What manually basically means is that the dev team sat there for a few hours and did some data entry, we nuked the non relevant info (albeit the reagent resutls are pretty relevant but were unfortuantley lost).

As for the latter suggestion I 100% agree, this is something that will definatley be looked at.

aunty establishment said:
snaps for ruski! The site looks absolutely shit-hot, even better than I'd hoped :)

I can't take credit for the look, feel and functionality, only the fact that you can actually access it.

cowboy mac, thechaz and the rest of the Whitecursor crew were the ones responsible in taking on the mammoth task of coding it.

love the new setup. thanks heaps guys for putting in the time and effort to improving the site. really appreciated!!!

Im actually amazed at how much you managed to transfer over...that must have been a cackload of work and I think that no more time should be spent on that...PR has been purged before and can get purged again, it is no HUGE loss to harm reduction as Im sure all the nice people will repost anything thats still relevant.

The only suggestion I would have is bring back the search by city function as I have to read all teh stupid Australian reports to find auckland ones :D

I really do appreciate the effort you guys have put in, its a great credit to all involved that your willing to put so much effort into harm reduction.
But...
If I personally much prefer the simple, easy to read layout of the old PR. :(

^ Sorry guys, the above post is from me - I didnt sign out properly :)

If I could just add some constructive critisim:

1. It would be great if we could make the front page of the actual pill reports easier to peruse... its a little clumsy and difficult to quickly 'browse'. Perhaps adopt a more similar approach to the old PR?
2. The number of comments in a particular pill thread should be viewable on the front page so you can easily see if the thread has been updated
3. I dont think the available options for the rating are broad enough to properly differentiate between the quality of each pill. I know that's what the comments are for, but what about when your just browsing the front page?
4. You should make the alternating background colours of peoples comments more 'different', ie increase the contrast. At the moment they are very similar colours, which makes it difficult to differentiate between different comments.

But yeah, thanks guys for all your efforts! It does look great, and the amount of effort you guys have put in is amazing.
Top work guys!

Last edited:
Cinnamoroll said:
I really do appreciate the effort you guys have put in, its a great credit to all involved that your willing to put so much effort into harm reduction.
But...
If I personally much prefer the simple, easy to read layout of the old PR. :(
We will be introducing a bare bones layout within the next few months for those that prefer a text based only front end.