The Psychedelic Drugs forum (PD) has grown and evolved quite a bit over the years since it was created. The purpose of this thread is to explain what our community is, how we operate and what we ask of you, our members, to keep the Psychedelic Drugs forum as friendly, welcoming and helpful to others as we hope it is to you. Also below is a F.A.Q. to try and answer very common questions.
We have put a lot of time and energy into making PD a nurturing and friendly environment. We view this as more than just a tool to share information, but also a true community, a place to meet new friends and a virtual home away from home for us all to share. Regulars here on PD may seem like a pretty close-knit group, but don't worry - we're always happy to welcome newcomers! While users are always expected to be courteous and respectful when posting on Bluelight, we take that especially seriously here in PD.
Two drugs that some consider to be psychedelics - Cannabis and MDMA (a.k.a. Ecstasy) - have their own dedicated focus forums. Questions that are specifically about one of those drugs should go there. However, enactogen "research chemicals" such as methylone and 5-APB are discussed here in PD, while synthetic cannabinoids are not. If you have any questions about where a specific drug should be discussed, send a private message to a moderator.
The Psychedelic Drugs forum exists to discuss all topics relating to psychedelic drugs and their use. Obviously, this includes questions about the drugs themselves and their effects, just like you'd expect from any focus forum. However, there are a few ways we differ from most of the other focus forums here on Bluelight. Most notably, while other focus forums direct people who are new to the drug(s) in question and have very basic questions to go to Basic Drug Discussion first, we encourage people who are new to psychedelics to post their questions here. Additionally, we discuss a lot of topics here that other focus forums would likely refer to Drug Culture - for example, artists with strong psychedelic influences such as Alex Gray, or discussions of what types of music people like to listen to while tripping. The lines between psychedelics themselves and the art, culture and ideas that surround them can be much blurrier than with many other drugs, and we encourage users to share and discuss things that they think will be of particular interest to fellow psychonauts. In general, if it's about psychedelics, we're happy to discuss it here on PD!
Please read the list of rules and guidelines below. If you're unsure whether something you want to post is appropriate, send a private message to a moderator.
PD Rules and Guidelines
(frequently asked questions)
Do you have suggestions to improve this FAQ or questions you would like to see added, click here to see the discussion thread and post there!
- I have looked around the index but there is something I would like to know that is not in there, it seems!
- Right now I am on medications, is it alright for me to use this psychedelic / empathogenic stimulant / research chemical etc?
- I have read about a number of different things but it is just very hard to pick a drug to begin with, which one do I take??
- I would like advice about my specific personal situation but I see that such threads are sometimes closed, why?
- I have some blotters, they have a certain design printed on them. How many should I take for a good trip?
- I have had an experience after taking a drug, but I don't know what drug it was! Can Bluelight help me find out?
Threads that are especially valuable to beginners:
Safer Research Chemical User's Guide
- The Big & Dandy First-Time-Tripper Thread - Focus Threads: First time DXM / ketamine / LSD / Mushrooms / DMT
- The Big & Dandy Beginner Psychedelic Thread
- The Big & Dandy First Trip Description Thread
- The Big & Dandy Methods of Trip Preparation
- The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread
This FAQ is a work in progress and you can help out! If you know a question that is bound to be asked by people new to all this, post it below. If it is valuable to be answered here it will be added. If not then eventually the posts will be made invisible and the thread will be closed - this is in the end not a platform for discussion but only a FAQ.
questions yet to be answered:
- How do SSRI's interact with psychedelics?
- Can you take vitamin C, sugar or something else to stop a trip in its tracks?
Last edited by a moderator: