• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

I dont want to jinx myself but my 2 week ban from battle.net (diablo 2) is now over, and I can play the game. Sadly I am unable to play it much like the way I would want to just due to the fact the ISP that I am on is considered a business class ISP, and after reading the rules on battle.net all/any business class ISP's are an instant 2week ban.
I have enough hotspot on my phone to atleast enjoy this game for another 2 weeks or so then I am going to have to take a break until next month.
-sigh-

Best of luck with your character. That whole business ISP thing really sucks! Hopefully you get something figured out. Hotspot is a good idea though as mentioned data usage can be an issue. :\ I hope you enjoy it as much as is possible. :)

As for myself I'm still doing MTGA. I tried draft ELD while it was available to very little success. Going into it at Diamond with 0 experience with ELD just didn't pan out well. Since the season reset I'm gonna focus on finishing THB. Seeing as it's the set I started on at least I'm familiar with it. I find it hard to draft sets that came out before I started playing on Arena. I might give standard a whirl this season. Seeing as I hit Diamond last season in both formats I might shoot for mythic. We'll see how standard pans out. I'm quite curious to see the results of the unexpected ban today! :unsure:

Reactions: Ds
So I am selling off all of my unusual hats in Team Fortress 2. Need the extra cash flow coming in, and it will help out. Just glad that it was one of those investments where I had paid $$ for a fancy hat, and I'm able to resell it for cash. Actually made a few bucks on some of the unusuals.
Off work next couple of days, so been burning up my hotspot playing some Diablo 2. Really like the game, even met a friend.
One thing I can not stand is that the game is over-run with bots. Litterly every 'chaos/baal' run game is hosted by bots, and is followed by bots. So when you meet an actual human player it's like seeing a long lost buddy.
Took some funny screenshots, and reported some of the botters to b.net/blizz hacking department,

-----

Kind of funny what happened here. I was tired of the bots and decided to go hostile towards them, then a human player invited me back to the group, and all the sudden the bots were leaving and rejoining the party, over and over again. Almost like they couldn't trust me :D

since I sold my graphics card and can only play shitty 8 bit games now I started playing Terraria. it's actually pretty fucking good! It's like a minecraft battle action game with great loot and crazy bosses and survival elements, Loving it

This is so fucking frustrating. Looks like I was temp-banned AGAIN on Diablo 2. This really fucking sucks, looks like every time I try logging into my account I get this stupid message:

Really aggravating :((
I have already reached out to support on battle.net, and I am sure they are going to tell me that I was temp-banned for some bullshit reason.

I havn't done anything shady, meaning I haven't been like running bots, or exploiting the game at all. The only thing I can think about is I may have been entering/exiting games to quickly. If that was the reason then I think it is a really bullshit rule.

Just really shitty. Not sure if I will ever come back to the game after this. :\

This is so fucking frustrating. Looks like I was temp-banned AGAIN on Diablo 2. This really fucking sucks, looks like every time I try logging into my account I get this stupid message:

Really aggravating :((
I have already reached out to support on battle.net, and I am sure they are going to tell me that I was temp-banned for some bullshit reason.

I havn't done anything shady, meaning I haven't been like running bots, or exploiting the game at all. The only thing I can think about is I may have been entering/exiting games to quickly. If that was the reason then I think it is a really bullshit rule.

Just really shitty. Not sure if I will ever come back to the game after this. :\

Sorry to hear you're still having bad luck with that! Nothing you've mentioned about the situation makes much sense. Blizzard is really screwing you over on this one. I hate when shitty service or the like ruin something that you would otherwise really enjoy! (n)

As for myself I'm still on MTGA. In general I enjoy drafting. I tried ELD while it was available & wasted a ton of gems. (n) I guess I didn't grasp it well enough before diving in. It was from before I started playing & apparently I just didn't have it down well enough that I could compete at Diamond on a set I hadn't drafted previously. I did alright with THB quick draft while it was available. Though I'm still a few drafts short of opening packs & being done with it. Though I don't really play historic Dominaria draft looked fun so I been trying that. So far I've been doing decent. Though again it's a set I wasn't familiar with as it's even further before my time on MTGA but I've been doing decent & quite enjoying it. I did a few practice drafts on Draftsim & dived in. Apparently I picked it up quicker than ELD at least. Besides one terrible run of 0-3 were I misunderstood a card / mechanic I've been winning enough to be pretty close to even gem wise. On the bright side I've definitely got my $ worth out of those gems as I'm having fun drafting Dominaria. Probably going to give it another go later today. Looking forward to it. :)

Are we allowed to play with each other? Not trying to get banned already lol but I'm down for apex pubs if anyone plays on PC.

Are we allowed to play with each other? Not trying to get banned already lol but I'm down for apex pubs if anyone plays on PC.
Yeah we can play with one another:)
There is even a Bluelight group on Steam if you are interested in joining.

So I was able to log in this morning to d2, and maybe 5 hours later I noticed it getting real laggy, them boom. Got the same error message as before.
The only thing I can think of is whenever I am switching between characters way to fast or joining and leaving games to quickly then this happens? Not really sure but that is my guess.
I've been looking into trying something different and have been looking at MTG online. It looks fun and something I might enjoy because I was pretty big on the Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards battles back in the day. Might give it a go. :)

So I was able to log in this morning to d2, and maybe 5 hours later I noticed it getting real laggy, them boom. Got the same error message as before.
The only thing I can think of is whenever I am switching between characters way to fast or joining and leaving games to quickly then this happens? Not really sure but that is my guess.
I've been looking into trying something different and have been looking at MTG online. It looks fun and something I might enjoy because I was pretty big on the Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards battles back in the day. Might give it a go. :)

I'm usually quite paranoid about associating my BL with anything else I do but have gamed with other members. It's definitely permissible. I didn't know about the Steam group though. I might have to take a look at it. Though as I've previously mentioned I'm so stuck on MTG Arena that I can't be assed to play other games ATM. I'm sorry to hear that your Diablo issues persist! It does indeed sound like it just doesn't want to work out for you. If you enjoy CCG you'll probably enjoy MTG. I've never played Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh but MTG is great IMHO. I've only ever played MTG but considering the wide variety of formats, cards, etc. it's a great game to play. I play on the Arena platform as opposed to the Online platform. Arena seems to suit my needs well enough at this point. If you do end up trying out the Online platform I'd be curious as to your take on it.

I haven't played MTGO at all myself. I did setup an account just in case I decide to try out that client. I thought I might just throw 5$ into it for the standard cards in case I do want to play on that platform. I figure if I want an account on there I might as well do it before rotation. Get a much larger starting collection considering the cards you get are based on what's currently standard legal. I've been finding MTG Arena to be good enough to hold my attention. At this point I don't really see a reason to switch over to MTGO. There's more formats & the prospect of making a few $ if you're good enough but it just doesn't seem worth the hassle. I'd have to play Online to see what the actual costs are though. MTG is just an expensive hobby in general but I've found Arena to be affordable. I play some constructed here & there but I mostly play limited. I enjoy draft quite a bit. I'm sure the competition level is higher on MTGO but it seems to me that MTGA has more variety in terms of draft formats available. It really depends on the week but Arena seems to rotate in a decent number of older sets to draft. I'm loving Dominaria! It's a sweet set to draft. Though as I mentioned I wasn't that familiar with it (I haven't even bothered to lookup the whole set!) it's been going well. Normally I would lookup a set / tier list / what not & memorize the set & adjust my picks according to personal preference but I jumped straight in on DOM. I picked up my first DOM trophy yesterday so I'm quite happy. Though trophies aren't kept track of on Arena I use multiple trackers that keep track of things & trophies just happen to be on the list of things they track. (Untapped.gg, 17Lands, Etc.)

Anyway hopefully I can get a few more drafts in before DOM rotates out again. Supposedly Ahmonket Remastered will be draft oriented. I'll have to see what I think of it. Either way I'm looking forward to drafting some DOM later today! (y)

Is Arena mode like single-player/offline mode or something?

Is Arena mode like single-player/offline mode or something?

Nope. It's a totally different platform. MTG Online is the older platform were you actually own the digital cards & can buy / sell them. MTG Arena is a newer platform. Technically it's free to play but if one wants to compete at higher levels it requires some investment in most cases. I prefer the idea of being able to buy / sell cards & the larger variety of formats on MTG Online but after playing Arena it'd be hard to switch to MTG Online. Arena is much more user friendly in terms of interface. The interface for MTGO is quite dated which I normally wouldn't mind but I've gotten used to some of the quality of life issues that Arena addresses. As mentioned Arena is considered free to play where as MTG Online is not. You need to buy or rent a deck for Online if you wish to play constructed.

Actually I have a link for you that is quite dated but gives a decent explanation. MTG Arena vs MTG Online. A quick Google search links to some Reddit posts & the like explaining differences as well.

Most of the cons for Arena listed in that article no longer apply BTW. There are more formats available on MTG Online though. Pioneer, Legacy & Vintage are not available on MTG Arena at this point. It seems to me that Arena is the platform that Wizards is focusing on more but I could be wrong. If you have any question regarding Arena I'd be happy to answer them. :)

I'm not as familiar with the Online client so can't answer as much on that end. As I mentioned I created an account & logged in but haven't done anything with it. I just didn't see anything when I checked it out that made me want to switch from Arena to Online platform. The ability to buy & sell cards does appeal to me but after looking at everything it still seems to me that it's cheaper for me to play Arena. To the best of my knowledge draft on MTG Online is more competitive but has entrenched players. I enjoy draft but don't think I'd be able to grind it well enough on Online for it to be cheaper than Arena. It's possible that it'd be cheaper.

What format(s) are you interested in? I'm not sure on the system specs but I'd assume that Online takes less than Arena resource wise. As such depending on what kind of system you have that could also play a factor. As mentioned if you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them. Hopefully you can get to playing a game that doesn't keep giving you grief! 🤞

I was playing a lot today until eso crashed in cyrodiil ugh smh, but had a lot of fun, about to hit alliance rank 31. I have a new character, a really sick stamina warden werewolf. I have a few sets I'll equip in different situations; boosting the bleed damage is very nice for right now.

Do you have any 3rd party apps running like MSI Afterburner or NvidiaXtender? Sometimes that trips games as false positives. I know for certain games from Game Pass on PC, I have to turn off FPS monitoring or it won't let the game even load.

Nope. It's a totally different platform. MTG Online is the older platform were you actually own the digital cards & can buy / sell them. MTG Arena is a newer platform. Technically it's free to play but if one wants to compete at higher levels it requires some investment in most cases. I prefer the idea of being able to buy / sell cards & the larger variety of formats on MTG Online but after playing Arena it'd be hard to switch to MTG Online. Arena is much more user friendly in terms of interface. The interface for MTGO is quite dated which I normally wouldn't mind but I've gotten used to some of the quality of life issues that Arena addresses. As mentioned Arena is considered free to play where as MTG Online is not. You need to buy or rent a deck for Online if you wish to play constructed.

Actually I have a link for you that is quite dated but gives a decent explanation. MTG Arena vs MTG Online. A quick Google search links to some Reddit posts & the like explaining differences as well.

Most of the cons for Arena listed in that article no longer apply BTW. There are more formats available on MTG Online though. Pioneer, Legacy & Vintage are not available on MTG Arena at this point. It seems to me that Arena is the platform that Wizards is focusing on more but I could be wrong. If you have any question regarding Arena I'd be happy to answer them. :)

I'm not as familiar with the Online client so can't answer as much on that end. As I mentioned I created an account & logged in but haven't done anything with it. I just didn't see anything when I checked it out that made me want to switch from Arena to Online platform. The ability to buy & sell cards does appeal to me but after looking at everything it still seems to me that it's cheaper for me to play Arena. To the best of my knowledge draft on MTG Online is more competitive but has entrenched players. I enjoy draft but don't think I'd be able to grind it well enough on Online for it to be cheaper than Arena. It's possible that it'd be cheaper.

What format(s) are you interested in? I'm not sure on the system specs but I'd assume that Online takes less than Arena resource wise. As such depending on what kind of system you have that could also play a factor. As mentioned if you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them. Hopefully you can get to playing a game that doesn't keep giving you grief! 🤞
Hey, well I have played a bit of Hearthstone, and it seems really user-friendly, also I do enjoy the trading aspect of the game, I just don't see myself going and spending$100 on a deck of cards at the moment, and knowing my luck something will happen where I won't be able to play again, so
Do you have any 3rd party apps running like MSI Afterburner or NvidiaXtender? Sometimes that trips games as false positives. I know for certain games from Game Pass on PC, I have to turn off FPS monitoring or it won't let the game even load.
That's really good to know, I think what it was is after speaking with the tech support @ blizzard they just said it is due to server stability. Pretty much meaning if I enter a game, and leave 20 seconds later then that will ultimately be my 1st strike, where as if I enter a game, and play for 5-10minutes or so, then that would be different.
So to fix that Everytime I get to a starting point to leave the current game, I will just teleport back into town and talk with the person who heals you.
Now I have no idea if this works or not lol but *knocks on wood* I haven't had the realm down error yet.