• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Got banned on league of legends. Downloading Dark Souls 2 to my pc.

How'd you end end up getting banned? I'm not familiar with LOL though I've heard it's popular. It's a WC3 spin off isn't it? I haven't played the Dark Souls series though I'm familiar enough with it that I have it on a wish list. Though as I've mentioned with my backlog I have no idea why I even have a Steam wish list. 😆

As for myself been drafting M21 last day or two. I'm doing alright overall. Had a few bad drafts with less than 3 wins which hurt but overall I'm 21-18 looking at Untapped.gg. Came close to a trophy with a 6 win deck. It was definitely a trophy deck I just had shit luck a few times. I was playing 15 lands & still managed to flood nothing but land! :rolleyes: I had a few cards to drag things out but I ended up drawing 12 of my 15 lands before losing. Only three non land cards drawn in that game. I'm off to a 3-0 start with the deck I drafted last night though. It was a really hard call on some cards but it's performing well. Hopefully it continues to! 🤞

Mostly been playing Team Fortress 2. I hopped on and played a bit of Diablo 3 earlier. For a few moments I had a nice long stare at the World of Warcraft screen. Debating weather or not if I wanted to re-up my subscription.
Might jump on to say hello to some of my old guild mates.

Although Macs aren't technically capable of playing games due to having graphics cards based on a 12th-century BC abacus, I finally found a text-adventure game built-in to Terminal that doesn't totally fry my £45,000 system when I play it - hurrah!

lots of eso

there's a new event, haven't started it yet, blah but should be fun?

i could use some of the motifs so there i guess

been grinding cyrodiil like a mofo crazy well and doing better at it; most complex part of the game, tedious fun for sure

killed someone with a siege weapon - that was epic - should have been an achievement

Reactions: Ds
I just updated ESO. It seems like if you don't play it for a while, and come back to it, you have to wait several hours before it will update. dreadful process if you are playing on the PC.
I was playing some Diablo2 until i got fucking banned. After speaking with Blizzard tech support they told me that I can't be on like a business class ISP. Which really sucks, because I think my home is on a business ISP. Meaning, If i want to play then I will have to use the hotspot on my phone. (i dont own the house i live in so i doubt the landlord would change the ISP just because I want to play diablo 2). So i am banned for 2 weeks. so the character I did make will more than likely expire. sucks

I just updated ESO. It seems like if you don't play it for a while, and come back to it, you have to wait several hours before it will update. dreadful process if you are playing on the PC.
I was playing some Diablo2 until i got fucking banned. After speaking with Blizzard tech support they told me that I can't be on like a business class ISP. Which really sucks, because I think my home is on a business ISP. Meaning, If i want to play then I will have to use the hotspot on my phone. (i dont own the house i live in so i doubt the landlord would change the ISP just because I want to play diablo 2). So i am banned for 2 weeks. so the character I did make will more than likely expire. sucks

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm quite boggled as to the reasoning given as well. That's just really weird to me. 🤔 I wonder why exactly that would be the case. I've never heard of a whole ISP being banned. Really strange but regardless that sucks! (n)

Speaking of Blizzard I got a few more levels down in the SC2 campaign. I finally took a break from MTGA now that I have enough packs that I can open M21. I'll get enough packs to finish the set just doing dailies. Have 80 some sitting around ATM. I plan on doing the same to finish THB & ELD which conveniently enough are both hitting draft. Though it'll likely be quite the challenge. As I may have mentioned I was having a hard time with M21 draft. Now I'm not sure why I had such an issue as I'm up in Diamond now. I keep running into numbered Mythic players & have been doing decent. (y)

I've been pulling a decent win rate considering it's BO1 & the variance involved. I finally got some trophies after going 6-3 like 5 times in a row. I'm looking into MTG Online as opposed to Arena as well. Seeing if it might be worth playing as well but when I looked yesterday it seemed uber dead. On MTGA a draft has a wait time of like 30 seconds. On MTGO when I looked at it I left it running in the background & 20 min later it's still waiting showing 2 of 8 players. So it might not be worth getting into at this point. It would appear that Arena may be the future? Though from articles I've read supposedly WOTC is still focused on both. Who knows? :?

Either way I'm looking forward to drafting some THB again. I've never had the opportunity to draft ELD so hopefully that's fun as well. The main thing with draft is that once collections are complete there's no real value & it gets quite expensive. Since the ranked is BO1 the variance is to high to be as consistent as BO3. I haven't played much BO3 draft but I'm considering it. It might be a decent way to farm gems. I guess I'm happy to have hit Diamond in limited. I had planned on keeping below a certain rank to try & make farming for collection easier but it wasn't possible. Considering that I seem to be winning more at higher ranks it worked out I guess. :)

Reactions: Ds
I was stuck in a hotel for a bit and decided to find something new to play for me on Xbone and picked up The Division 2 for 9 bucks at a used disc store. Was not disappointing at all like a lot of reviews stated, but I also never experienced the first Division so I'm unclear as to how drastic the direction went in the sequel. All in all if you find it for under 10 bucks anywhere it's a solid purchase I've gotten well over 30+ hours out of it and still going. I'd say the biggest con is how grindy and repetitive it is yet what isn't nowadays outside of platformers?

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm quite boggled as to the reasoning given as well. That's just really weird to me. 🤔 I wonder why exactly that would be the case. I've never heard of a whole ISP being banned. Really strange but regardless that sucks! (n)

Speaking of Blizzard I got a few more levels down in the SC2 campaign. I finally took a break from MTGA now that I have enough packs that I can open M21. I'll get enough packs to finish the set just doing dailies. Have 80 some sitting around ATM. I plan on doing the same to finish THB & ELD which conveniently enough are both hitting draft. Though it'll likely be quite the challenge. As I may have mentioned I was having a hard time with M21 draft. Now I'm not sure why I had such an issue as I'm up in Diamond now. I keep running into numbered Mythic players & have been doing decent. (y)

I've been pulling a decent win rate considering it's BO1 & the variance involved. I finally got some trophies after going 6-3 like 5 times in a row. I'm looking into MTG Online as opposed to Arena as well. Seeing if it might be worth playing as well but when I looked yesterday it seemed uber dead. On MTGA a draft has a wait time of like 30 seconds. On MTGO when I looked at it I left it running in the background & 20 min later it's still waiting showing 2 of 8 players. So it might not be worth getting into at this point. It would appear that Arena may be the future? Though from articles I've read supposedly WOTC is still focused on both. Who knows? :?

Either way I'm looking forward to drafting some THB again. I've never had the opportunity to draft ELD so hopefully that's fun as well. The main thing with draft is that once collections are complete there's no real value & it gets quite expensive. Since the ranked is BO1 the variance is to high to be as consistent as BO3. I haven't played much BO3 draft but I'm considering it. It might be a decent way to farm gems. I guess I'm happy to have hit Diamond in limited. I had planned on keeping below a certain rank to try & make farming for collection easier but it wasn't possible. Considering that I seem to be winning more at higher ranks it worked out I guess. :)

Well aperently the people at blizzard I guess noticed that alot of the people that were botting were on business class ISP s . So instead of them unbanning my account they pretty much told me to wait it out for 2 weeks. I even told them my character would expire and they seem unmoved about it :/

I have never played StarCraft 2. I used to play SC 1 & BW all the time and liked it.
Do they have 'money' type maps on StarCraft 2? Not sure if you remember what those maps were but you pretty much had 1 resource you would gater minerals from, and have like 10 vespine gas things right next to your base center.

Well aperently the people at blizzard I guess noticed that alot of the people that were botting were on business class ISP s . So instead of them unbanning my account they pretty much told me to wait it out for 2 weeks. I even told them my character would expire and they seem unmoved about it :/

I have never played StarCraft 2. I used to play SC 1 & BW all the time and liked it.
Do they have 'money' type maps on StarCraft 2? Not sure if you remember what those maps were but you pretty much had 1 resource you would gater minerals from, and have like 10 vespine gas things right next to your base center.

Oh I see. That sucks! It's BS that they couldn't freeze your character or something but not unexpected. Blizzard isn't known for good customer service sadly enough. :|

I haven't played SC2 online yet just single player campaign. I would imagine they have maps like "Big Game Hunters" if I'm remembering the name correctly. I think I am as I hated those maps with a passion. 😆

From what I've seen just looking through it looks like SC2 has a lot of support for custom maps & such. I played SC 1 very competitively & just wasn't a huge fan of $ maps. I got sick of them quick. I was a hardcore ladder player & found they just didn't allow as much nuance. I can see where they would be fun for the casual player though. I also played a lot with RL friends at the time as I was in school. Almost all of them loved the $ maps so we'd end up playing on them quite often. I seemed to be one of the people that didn't enjoy $ maps but as I mentioned that may have been in part due to my dedication to competitive play. My friends & I used to play a ton of 2-7 v 1 (me) games. IIRC it was a lot harder to overcome numerical advantage on money maps through skills. I preferred to stick to ladder maps. If I'm remembering the names right Temple was my favorite. I played that a lot 2 v me when playing friendly games. I had 2 friends that were a bit more on the competive side than the others & enjoyed playing 2 v me on ladder maps for practice. We'd usually play on Temple. As long as I could harass & disrupt at least one of the them I could usually handle taking out the other(s) with superior micro. Getting triple rushed was difficult to deal with depending on the race though. As Protoss good micro with shield battery was quite effective & underutilized. I played random exclusively unless requested otherwise though. I found the surprise factor to be a major advantage considering how important scouting was. Good times. My favorite multi player game of all time. So many good memories around it. :)

I'm enjoying SC 2 but it doesn't really feel like 1 to me. It might also be the decades that have passed. It's quite possible I just don't have the skills I did then after years without a PC capable of gaming & things just feel different as a result. I think I need to pick up a decent keyboard to play SC 2 online. I'm enjoying the campaign enough that I'll probably play through them & try online. Honestly I miss the old style ergonomic split keyboards. I digress though. I'm so stuck on MTG that it's hard to make time for SC2. My problem is I get overly into things. If I do something I do it to the max. :\

Speaking of I installed MTGO but haven't tried it out really. It appears quite dead compared to Arena. I just figured it might be worth playing since you can buy & sell cards. Arena is relatively inexpensive the way I play but I'm curious as to the economics of grinding MTGO. Doesn't seem worth it TBH. :unsure:

I'm not that familiar with Diablo 2 I played it back in the day but not that much. I haven't played many PC games in like a decade until about a year ago when I got my new PC but it does seem like botting has become more of an issue in the years that passed. I know back in the day bots in certain games were a problem but usually bots / hacks were caught quite quickly. It seems like there's more issues with bots / hacks from what I read. Either way it's a shitty situation. Hopefully you don't run into issues in the future due to your ISP. 🤞

Good FPS. You do raids, it aims to be very realistic in terms of almost everything -- from movement all way to ballistic. It's beta for now but visit their websites for forthcoming updates.

It really does seem realistic, like how friendly fire can damage allied players. Wishing that there is a medieval/black powder era game like this soon.

I dont want to jinx myself but my 2 week ban from battle.net (diablo 2) is now over, and I can play the game. Sadly I am unable to play it much like the way I would want to just due to the fact the ISP that I am on is considered a business class ISP, and after reading the rules on battle.net all/any business class ISP's are an instant 2week ban.
I have enough hotspot on my phone to atleast enjoy this game for another 2 weeks or so then I am going to have to take a break until next month.
-sigh-