• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 20 arrested in dance party raid

I reckon people have the wrong idea, as the dog walks past you it takes a quick sniff, it has to have a fair bit of space between people and smells to be able to differentiate the odours. But when people see the dog, they're probabley going to back away, allowing the dog that space between smells. I reckon if you see a dog or one comes near you, you should all rush the dog, get a big big pack of people like 20 plus and surround the cop and his dog, it'll confuse the fuck out of the dog and the cop, then after milling around the cop generally pissing him off but not that he can do anything run off in different directions.

Would that work?
If not it'd still be fun right?

At the big day out a mate of mine saw someone use a similar tactic to get past the dogs...

The dude had a *shitload* of speed on him, and when he saw the dogs he went up to one and went 'Hello little doggie! Hello hello!' and patted the dog. The cop gruffly told him to get fucked and he walked into the place without a worry.

That sort of thing takes a lot of balls though.

VelocideX said:
http://www.discogs.com/release/254422

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This record was not on sail in the shops it was given away as a gift to only a handful of people, there were only 50 of the clear 7" records ever made.

Pain in the arse that.

My brother was supposed to get one for me and he didn't even thoguh he asked if i wanted one and there were some left.

3 month later we heard of them selling for over $100 a pop and now it's even more insane!! ;)

It was done because i think they held how people acted on e's in such contempt (ie running around aksing for hugs etc) though i think it was more the annoying teeny boppers as when i jumped o nthe gear myself it didn't seem like such an issue! :)

anyhow - i hope that future raids have fewer returns. As people said - the amount they got was pretty piss-poor and dealers should know that events like this are going to be pretty dangerous to attend with masses of gear so hopefully these raids will stop. I'm not holding my breath though!!

storing drugs

can anyone shed some light on why it was only these people that got caught with drugs? what did they do different from everyone else that got them caught or was it just a wrong time/ place senario?
if anyone can offer any suggestions on how i should be storing drugs in venues it woud be appreciated.
thanks.

No I don't know why only 20 were pulled
My conclusion for this event taking place. Is that cops have a role in society to make the overall population feel safer. When they catch criminals it is recorded and posted in the newspaper. They were only trying to catch people out for drugs. Because the majority of society (non drug users) against drug use like reading articles such as this one. That say 20 users and 2 dealers. It makes them feel like the streets are that much more safe (Although bullshit) Cops really are doing there jobs. Cops havn't ever done anything good except harass. The fact that drugs don't pose nearly as much of a threat as rape offenders is disregarded as the uneducated generally just associate Illegal activity as bad and degrading towards society. The use of illicit drugs is illegal and therefore events such as this one dishearten the users as they know that it didn't impact on society in a good way (although the general population think it has) It just caught a few unlucky ravers trying to make some money (in a very risky and dangerous way) and destroying another individuals good night...
Sometimes you will find good cops who will let you off with a warning although these cops are often at risk of losing their jobs.
The fact is cops have been socialized to perceive drug use as a crime and therefore share the same opinion as the majority of the country to illicit drug use and feel that they are actually making "safer" streets

sonicnature said:
That is incorrect. A police officer chooses to be a police officer, and they are completely aware of any assignment or trait that goes along with their employment.

You are right but lets not forget the good things these same very police officers do for the community. Some choose this line of employment because they want to help the community in other ways and really couldn't give a hoot about recreational drugs. If they are tasked to go to a raid then its something they have to do but not necessarily enjoy having to do. Your gripe should be taken up with the politicians who create the legislation in which Police officers are required to enforce.

I wonder how many people here would say the same very things about them when their homes are broken into or worse someone close to them have been assualted or murdered. I sure as hell am glad we have a good Police Force even though they are rquired to do raids occasionally. Could you image what it would honestly be like if we didn't have them around..... We would be living like many 3rd world countries where the iron fist rules. You may as well forget partying all together then!....

So lets give the guy's and gal's in blue a bit of a break ;)

easygoing

goatyoghurt said:
FUCK YOU every single police officer in this state.

Yeah!! Fuck them!! Down with the police!!!!

....Oh my, I'm being robbed by 5 big men! Help me Mr Police Officer!!!!!

:\

ld50 vs ssri said:
Does anybody no if Citronella or anything else will deter the dogs away from drugs?

ask for it by name... "dog-off" by tripnpussy enterprises.
available at headshops and terrorist outlets near you.
tripnpussy ent. makes no guarantee that this product actually works, dog-off may not guarantee you safe passage when trafficking any quantities of contriband substance.

id rather see the johns ambo people walking through the crowd rather than the coppers and their dogs. The cops dont go their with a lets bust these junkies attitude and their low presence at Transmission was probably a good thing. I saw them there, but to be honest I didnt hear about the arrests until someway through last week. The news paper article made people think that it was a large raid, and i dont think anyone would say that they took this overbearing approach.

I respect cops for what they do, they do a good job at keeping order. They arent in your face if they know u are on something. I was always worried that if there was a raid, you would have the problem that people who just eat everything they had on them so that they wouldnt have wasted their money.

I will never agree with the laws they inforce and at times I get upset and mouth off about them, but cops do jobs that are going to make them hated by society, I mean why do you only see cops out on double demerit weekends on the roads.

At least it isnt zero tolerance.

"....Oh my, I'm being robbed by 5 big men! Help me Mr Police Officer!!!!!"

And whats the chances of them comming out to help?.... not very good I tell ya

I was stabbed and pistol-whipped over a year ago in an attempted armed robbery, I didn't get any help from the police, nor did I expect any.

buck_reed said:
5) The police were very discrete, no strip searches in public, everyone taken away quiety to private area.

Someone correct me if Im wrong but by law arent the cops ment to peform strip searches at the police station.

And I hope by private area it was the police station not some back room in the venue.

Cops at "a dance party" a few months back told me they dont do strip searches or cavity searches at events because they dont have the facilities or the time to worry about it. The most they will make you take off is socks. They will only arrest you and take you in for a cavity search if youve been a cunt to them or if they really think you have like 4000 pills hidden somewhere.... ouch.

sydkiwi said:
Someone correct me if Im wrong but by law arent the cops ment to peform strip searches at the police station.

And I hope by private area it was the police station not some back room in the venue.

very true. There's specific rules that have to be followed for strip searches, and they include the presence of an observer (usually your lawyer) from memory.

BigTrancer said:
'1985 was a very very different time in drug education, research and politics'.. as was 1995.

BT :)

My mistake. Thanks for the correction. BT

apollo said:
Hypocrisy is as bad, if not worse, than any accusation you've made here.

Did you make that up? Because it's about as true as John Howard having a long, silky head of hair.

Read the coroners report.

Apollo,

You should know by now I don't make things up.

My statement is in fact based on the Coroner's report and Parr, et al. Hyponatraemia and death after "ecstasy" ingestion. MJA 1997; 166: 136.

My point is that Anna Wood didn't die of some bizzare political plot. She died of a series of biological events triggered by the individual Anna Wood takinging MDMA. If MDMA had been legal when she took it, she would have had the same affect.

Kalant identifies only a nine cases of of hyponatraemic death from MDMA in his extensive literature search so it is obviously not that common an occurance. Given the minimal dose that Anna took, the reasonable conclusion is that there was some interaction between Anna's body chemistry and the MDMA which led to the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) which then lead to the water intoxication and hyponatraemia. This reaction would not have been prevented by legalisation or any other factor. The factors which we may postulate could have prevented her death were faster action by her friends based on better education of signs of her deteriorating condition. However, also remember she was the first death in Australia from hyponatraemia and one of the first in the world following only a few weeks after Leah Betts in the UK - so understanding of MDMA toxicology was in a very different stage of development at the time.

This is, however, my opinion on these things and not designed as as some biblical statement of fact.

Cheers,

Buck

^^ Just because death from hypnoatremia is infrequent does not mean that hyponatemia in infrequent.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that it does occur worldwide, and people are hospitalised from it. Thankfully if its treated quickly enough a full recovery may be effected, but that often depends on prompt medical treatment.

[Edit: Please read the posting guidelines. Don't post event names or promoter names in this forum please, unless directly quoting from a media article. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator: