• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: 20 arrested in dance party raid

I would hardly call it a Raid.....
I dog walking up and down the lines, and 2 just inside the front entrance, hiding so you cant see them untill youve walked in, and they were just against the wall to the side of hte doors......Keep moving and dont give the dog good time to sniff you, and you were fine...2 friends and I walked in, and I saw it sniff the first....but she walked in and to the left, and then it sniffed the second, but she kept going straight ahead and then me but i skittled off to the right.....it had no idea on what to do. Have seen a larger police presence at previous Transmission events....Saw the Doggie Wagon pulling up just as we drove past to park the car, and by the time we parked and went to walk across the road, People were walkin back to the carpark in droves and warning others and telling us about the 6 dogs in the line ect ect....good work to the party goers who told the rest of us....about 100 people standing in the carpark going "Shittttttttt waht are we gunna do???" Then just all braved it, and I didnt see a single person get pulled out....

I heard somewhere that Dogs in general dont like Citronella! Maybe this could be used against them. Im quite sure this is what is used in those Colars that spray them when they bark.

If u kept your drugs in an airtight container, would the dog still be able to smell the drugs?

Definatley. They have super sensitive smell, and also, any residue on the outside of the container, they will pick up on as well

Remember a dog's sense of smell is 1000 to 10,000 times better than a humans. Information about their skill in this area can be found here.

i saw i think 2 dogs, not a huge presence if you ask me, for a party with over 5000 people. one was just with the handler standing on the side of the entrance, who i just walked straight past.

as much as i hate it, they are just doing their jobs, and i suspect at a party like this, where a mojority of people will have something illegal, its mainly the dealers with large quantities on them who have to really worry.

i didnt have anything on me this time when going past, but have at serveral other events walked right past the doggies without them doing anything. did see some poor bloke getting pulled out last night though.

Why the fuck can't they just try and get us at the door, when we get inside we should be able to relax and kick back, i dont think anyone would accept dogs walking around the opera. Its not just people carrying drugs that hate the dogs my non-using friends worry a dog could spaz out and they'd be up against a wall getting felt by a cop for an hour looking for drugs that aren't there.

I dont understand why people think only dealers need to worry, according to the article 40 were searched, drugs found on 20 and only 2 charged with supply. If only 1/20 are dealers then its not like they're only sniffing the dodgy guy in the corner taking money and giving hand to hands 9/10 charges were chickenshit posession charges.

I also don't understand why the cops targeted an 18+ party were the vast majority are sensible with their use rather than other parties, where the average age is 16 and alot people are careless or uneducated, such as a certain electronic music festival towards the end of last year that had no dogs.

This type of attitude isn't going to save the next Anna Wood now is it? :) come on.... she gets mentioned in every single bloody news article that has ever been since 96... :) would i be a heartless bastard if i started a weloveannawood.com site?

I don't think it cool to use a dead person for a cause, and after 8 years, come on. Jesus is the only one I can think of that gets to get away with shit like that.

Folks,

I was there for the event with the 20 arrests, and here is how it all worked.

The operation was a Vikings/Dog squad operation with 2 dogs. The dogs mostly worked the door but did a few runs inside around the perimeter corridors of the venue near the end. I suspect this is due to the low success rate at the door but I would be speculating.

Just to put this operation into context (especially for those who weren't there):
1) There had been dogs at this same event at least twice.
2) Partygoers recieved warnings that dogs would be present via major dance party forums for at least two weeks before the event.
3) On the night, people were warned by PR staff at at least TWO POINTS before entering that dogs were on site.
4) The dogs came about 10pm and were gone before 2am.
5) The police were very discrete, no strip searches in public, everyone taken away quiety to private area.

18 people were caught for posession, two for trafficking. (as opposed to 34 and 10 last time). Obviously the harm minimisation and warnings for this event, which were on overdrive, appear to have worked.

As I have said over and over, the best way to not have dogs at your event? Don't do antyhing illegal and don;t have anyone get caught. If the cops rock up with 25+ staff and don;t catch anyone, they won't do it again. Take for example last year's raids at home. Two raids - 100+ searches - one person charged...result? No more raids at home. Simple maths here.

If you were one of these unlucky 20, in my opinion, you were probabaly an idiot because you got the most chances in recorded history not to get pinged by the dogs.

Cheers,

Buck

badbiki said:
This type of attitude isn't going to save the next Anna Wood now is it? :) come on.... she gets mentioned in every single bloody news article that has ever been since 96... :) would i be a heartless bastard if i started a weloveannawood.com site?

I always wanted to start an "annawould.com" site.... after all, Anna would, and did take drugs. She was no innocent victim...

She was an innocent victim of repressive drug policies which lead to impure pills and ignorance on safe drug use.

satricion said:
She was an innocent victim of repressive drug policies which lead to impure pills and ignorance on safe drug use.

I guess what I'm saying is she was not as her famous mother projected her... a manipulated innoecent girl exploited by pushers et al. She was indeed a victim of insufficient information, as where her friends.

^^^ amen 2 that.

i spoke 2 one the guys who got done. had 2 biks in his wallet and 2 grams of go in his shoe...

dabb said:
I dont understand why people think only dealers need to worry, according to the article 40 were searched, drugs found on 20 and only 2 charged with supply. If only 1/20 are dealers then its not like they're only sniffing the dodgy guy in the corner taking money and giving hand to hands 9/10 charges were chickenshit posession charges.

true that, but everyone knows drugs are illegal, and if you`re gonna use them, you gotta accept that there is always an element of risk involved. i dont like the fact either that some poor punter who just wanted to have a good night with 2 pills in his pocket is getting done, while hundreds of others in the same situation got through, but at the end of the day thats just the way it is, and the cops are just doing their jobs.

and still, if 2 out off 20 were charged with trafficking, that means 10% of the people go who busted were dealing. im pretty sure thats a bigger ratio of dealers to punters than was at the rave. i doubt there were over 500 dealers there....

at the end of the day it sucks that people get busted, but we just gotta accept that thats the way is - at least until we can change current legislation....

jaysas said:

and still, if 2 out off 20 were charged with trafficking, that means 10% of the people go who busted were dealing. im pretty sure thats a bigger ratio of dealers to punters than was at the rave. i doubt there were over 500 dealers there....

because those who got searched had already been 'sniffed' out by the dogs (more likely to find the dealers..)

the dogs basically had 50% success rate at finding drugs (chances are some of the 20 who got off had better hiding places)... and of this, only 5% were dealing (or had an amount to qualify 'supply'. the odds lie very heavily in favour of the average drug user, not to mention dealer.

I haven't mentioned anything about it previously due to paranoia, but my level of loathing towards ANY government employed law enforcement official has risen to extraordinary levels.

I was arrested in a similar operation in February and was the victim of these pathetic individuals on the ultimate power trip. I don't care that what I was allegedly doing was illegal, I oppose the law in the first place and I spit in the face of every cretin that enforces them.

My sympathies go out to anyone else caught up in this draconian bullshit.

FUCK YOU John Howard.

FUCK YOU Bob Carr.

FUCK YOU Ken Moroney.

FUCK YOU every single police officer in this state.

He who hath to be a creator in good and evil - verily he hath first to be a destroyer, and break value in pieces.

Friedrich Nietzsche - Thus Spake Zarathustra

/end incoherent rant.