• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NEED HELP QUITTING METHADONE ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME

@Pumpkin2021 I have 250 of the large capsules how many do you think I should take at first. I couldn’t find how many grams are in one capsule.
Hey hon. The capsules are probably 500 mgs each. 2 capsules will equal 1 gram. Take 10 capsules ( i know its alot ) but that will be 5 grams. Feel better honey. Talk in the AM

@Pumpkin2021 I feel like shit I can’t get kratom I don’t think I’d have to look into it. I have no energy it’s so hard to get out of bed I’m going to find some adderall to help with that
I think xanax has the same effects as alcohol when you are going through methadone detox. I don't recommend either when trying to get off of methadone. Get valium or klonopin if u want a benzo to help get off methadone. Long acting benzos are the way, the truth, and the light in this situation

Neurontin is great for methadone detox too. But you DON'T want to be detoxing from methadone AND Neurontin at the same time. Double crappy whammy

Yea I mean I’m just glad I wasn’t on a super high does of opiates or methadone before this so the withdrawals are much lighter than they could b still shitty but I’ll make it just super uncomfortable. And no my grandpa has not stopped taking methadone he really almost couldn’t stop he’s 64 and on 120mg of methadone he just lost his take homes which means that I can’t get any he still drives to the clinic everyday and gets his dose. And he does have so comfort meds but they are for the mind not the body just anti anxiety meds and anti depressants and the seroquil and trazodone are very strong sleeping meds if they can’t help me get sleep then idek because usually they knock me your super hard and somebody got into my gabapentin without me knowing so I had a lot less than I thought and they are gone now I just need a script for subs fast.
Seroquil and trazodone are good sleep meds but neither will help if u are currently in methadone withdrawl

@Pumpkin2021 Can kratom cause physical dependency or is it just a mental thing?
Good morning. This is a tough question. Different people have different reactions to it as the alkaloids don't behave the same in everybody. For example. if a group of people were all given a pharmaceutical opioid or benzo one could probably assume that most of them would get the same mechanism of action. Either pain relief or relaxation as that is how they were designed to work.

Since Kratom is only plant material without any synthesis it just depends how your body reacts to the some 40 alkaloids contained in it. The one aspect people worry about is that mitragynine is a partial agonist at the MU receptor which means it's not enough to produce too much euphoria ( like suboxone ) but it does tickle the MU receptor.

There are a lot of different opinions on this plant . Some say they have nasty withdrawls when they don't have any. Some say they feel nothing and it's a cake walk. My suggestion to you is to just use it to help ease your methadone withdrawls. In a couple weeks you should be totally over your withdrawls ( physically ) as it will be close to 6 weeks with no methadone. It should be out of your system.

The kratom will be good for PAWS if you get any symptoms. Your first introduction to kratom is now. You only got 250 caps ( 125 grams ) and you had to go to Ohio to get it. I;m not sure how long your bottle will last. Let me know when they are gone and how you feel. There is a kratom megathread on here. Go ahead and read it. I think it's in Other Drugs category.

I believe, for me, it is mostly mental ( like weed ). But please don't take my word for it. I don't have physical ailments when I don't have any but I am kind of anxious until I get more. For me...it is great for depression and anxiety. I take it every day. But do some research honey as this is your first experience with it.

Are you feeling better since taking it? <3

Good morning. This is a tough question. Different people have different reactions to it as the alkaloids don't behave the same in everybody. For example. if a group of people were all given a pharmaceutical opioid or benzo one could probably assume that most of them would get the same mechanism of action. Either pain relief or relaxation as that is how they were designed to work.

Since Kratom is only plant material without any synthesis it just depends how your body reacts to the some 40 alkaloids contained in it. The one aspect people worry about is that mitragynine is a partial agonist at the MU receptor which means it's not enough to produce too much euphoria ( like suboxone ) but it does tickle the MU receptor.

There are a lot of different opinions on this plant . Some say they have nasty withdrawls when they don't have any. Some say they feel nothing and it's a cake walk. My suggestion to you is to just use it to help ease your methadone withdrawls. In a couple weeks you should be totally over your withdrawls ( physically ) as it will be close to 6 weeks with no methadone. It should be out of your system.

The kratom will be good for PAWS if you get any symptoms. Your first introduction to kratom is now. You only got 250 caps ( 125 grams ) and you had to go to Ohio to get it. I;m not sure how long your bottle will last. Let me know when they are gone and how you feel. There is a kratom megathread on here. Go ahead and read it. I think it's in Other Drugs category.

I believe, for me, it is mostly mental ( like weed ). But please don't take my word for it. I don't have physical ailments when I don't have any but I am kind of anxious until I get more. For me...it is great for depression and anxiety. I take it every day. But do some research honey as this is your first experience with it.

Are you feeling better since taking it? <3
Alright awesome yea I feel totally better it completely stopped the withdrawals I’ve been taking like 10-15 every day since I got them but I’m about to take 2 days off starting tmr I’m not tryna battle 2 addictions lol. Aye I got my Hip+ insurance approved and set up a meeting for the 17th of this month at 9am for that clean slate recovery place they said after the interview n drug test n stuff I will have a prescription for Suboxone 1-3 after so fuck yea now I just got to have them help me taper off the subs but still a step in the right direction.

Did you have a habit of some kind before you started dabbling in Grandpa's methadone? Just curious as once you detox off of the methadone and now you have found kratom...what exactly are you going to use the subs for?

You mention subs and then eventually rehab. Did you have a history with substance abuse PRIOR to the methadone?

I kind of understood that you were just dabbling in the methadone to get high as it was available and kind of in your face.

Were you taking some of the take homes to also maintain your own addiction? If so I can understand going on the subs. If you didn't have an addiction before the methadone I'm not totally sure the subs are the right idea. But do what is best for you.

So how is your girl doing in her pregnancy? Hope she is well and I know you guys are excited.

Did you have a habit of some kind before you started dabbling in Grandpa's methadone? Just curious as once you detox off of the methadone and now you have found kratom...what exactly are you going to use the subs for?

You mention subs and then eventually rehab. Did you have a history with substance abuse PRIOR to the methadone?

I kind of understood that you were just dabbling in the methadone to get high as it was available and kind of in your face.

Were you taking some of the take homes to also maintain your own addiction? If so I can understand going on the subs. If you didn't have an addiction before the methadone I'm not totally sure the subs are the right idea. But do what is best for you.

So how is your girl doing in her pregnancy? Hope she is well and I know you guys are excited.
Yes I have done drugs very heavily since 9th grade so like 5 years now like every drug you could imagine besides meth. But yea before his methadone I was on Fentanyl and other opiates heavily I started off taking a lot more methadone then I was on here at the end but my gpa said he didn’t feel that good himself sharing so much with me so eventually naturally my dosage just started getting lower to where it was 16 days ago a very low does kinda. And idk if you think subs wouldn’t b that good of an idea I could just try and follow this all the way through to the end but I probably should be in some type of group thing and getting help while tapering off subs fast idk just kinda wanted to come down easier so I’m not in misery without drugs and suboxone is way better for you than methadone. Idk I want to get clean altogether but I should probably be in groups what do you think tho? I just don’t want to be in a horrible mood right away I foreal haven’t had more than like 3 days of being sober in the last 5 years. My girl is on suboxone too rn because they said she should get off awhile after she gives birth because they don’t know how withdrawals would effect the baby while it’s in her tummy and she should be on it awhile after too so she doesn’t get post Partom depression. But yes she is doing good and the pregnancy is going good too she is a little over half way at 23 weeks we find out the gender next week.

Hey. I'm glad ( super glad ) you never got into meth. I didn't either. I understand a little better now where you are coming from. And if you feel like you can stay on the straight and narrow being on subs I say you should go for it. I also think group therapy and one on one is a great idea too. Go for it.

Stay low on your daily sub dose for your MMT. See if 1 mg in the AM and 1 mg in the PM will hold you. The lower the better so that when you want to come off the subs you won't have to taper for a long time. How many mgs does your girl take per day?

Sounds like you are on the right path . I have a good feeling about your progress and success. I'm reading in your posts that you are really trying to do better and I commend you for it. Stay strong !!

Congrats on your halfway there baby !! Maybe by the time she/he is born you will both be ready to start a new drug free life. Talk later. <3

Hey. I'm glad ( super glad ) you never got into meth. I didn't either. I understand a little better now where you are coming from. And if you feel like you can stay on the straight and narrow being on subs I say you should go for it. I also think group therapy and one on one is a great idea too. Go for it.

Stay low on your daily sub dose for your MMT. See if 1 mg in the AM and 1 mg in the PM will hold you. The lower the better so that when you want to come off the subs you won't have to taper for a long time. How many mgs does your girl take per day?

Sounds like you are on the right path . I have a good feeling about your progress and success. I'm reading in your posts that you are really trying to do better and I commend you for it. Stay strong !!

Congrats on your halfway there baby !! Maybe by the time she/he is born you will both be ready to start a new drug free life. Talk later. <3
Yea I agree. My girlfriend is on 4mg of subs each day sometimes she gives me a half of one of hers so 1mg to help me with withdrawals it doesn’t do much but it does make it a little bit better I think I should just try at 2mg a day or something that would probably hold me over good plus a sleeping pill I’d be fine n yea I think groups might help rn I’m doing a lot better because I’m about to have a kid and I will live for them no matter what but drugs have always been big in my life everybody worries about me all the time. I’ll never stop coming to this thread though you’ve been very helpful and nice it’s awesome you always here about my progress and when I get clean. And I’ve been having a good day I hope you have been too. Also you’ll b one of the first people to know my baby’s gender I’ll lyk next week. @Pumpkin2021

Yea I agree. My girlfriend is on 4mg of subs each day sometimes she gives me a half of one of hers so 1mg to help me with withdrawals it doesn’t do much but it does make it a little bit better I think I should just try at 2mg a day or something that would probably hold me over good plus a sleeping pill I’d be fine n yea I think groups might help rn I’m doing a lot better because I’m about to have a kid and I will live for them no matter what but drugs have always been big in my life everybody worries about me all the time. I’ll never stop coming to this thread though you’ve been very helpful and nice it’s awesome you always here about my progress and when I get clean. And I’ve been having a good day I hope you have been too. Also you’ll b one of the first people to know my baby’s gender I’ll lyk next week. @Pumpkin2021
Great news. Thank you for this lovely post about how you are doing and for the warm thank you. It really was my pleasure to talk with you and help you along your journey. I wish you and your girl and your new child all the best and I can't wait to find out what you two are having and what the name is going to be.

Have yourself a wonderful weekend and I hope you continue to feel better every day. <3

Great news. Thank you for this lovely post about how you are doing and for the warm thank you. It really was my pleasure to talk with you and help you along your journey. I wish you and your girl and your new child all the best and I can't wait to find out what you two are having and what the name is going to be.

Have yourself a wonderful weekend and I hope you continue to feel better every day. <3
@Pumpkin2021 Hey I hope you had a great weekend aswell I feel like complete shit rn and I can’t sleep and I have my interview thing at clean slate at 9 am they said I will have suboxone 1-3 days after the interview do you think it would take 3 days? Hopefully not I just want to feel normal and sleep again

Hey good morning. I'm not sure how long it will take to get your sub script. This is your first appt. this morning so there will be paperwork and evaluations. Hopefully you can dose today. Kratom not helping anymore, huh? Just tell the Doctor what you have been feeling like and he will know what's best ( I hope so anyway).

Let me know how it went.