Superbad and Primer were god-awful.

The Shining is (extremely) over-rated.

Eraserhead is genius.

Superbad and Primer were god-awful.

Eraserhead is genius.

Get out. The Dude cannot abide any longer. :|

Two movies I didn't feel worthy of posting in the movie review thread:

Knowing
Ashamed to say I saw this one, but at least my buddy and I MST3K'd it... Nicholas Cage needs to just die already. Doesn't even have to be aliens.

Percy Jackson and the Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Hey look its the douchiest kid ever and he's a demigod and we're all running in circles and look it's a kind-of romance and we've all seen it a thousand times before. Literally added nothing to the world of cinema.

Most complained about film in 2010

The Lovelybones.

Most complained about film ever

Watership Down

superbad and primer are great. no idea why someone should avoid those.

:)

alasdair

Harsh Times- omg horrible
Blue Valentine - Depressing
City of Angles - Cheese ball
Fast Five - More Cheese

i can make a list that is long thus my mom loves cheesey corny movies that are horrible

superbad and primer are great. no idea why someone should avoid those.

:)

alasdair

Yes to both of these. Unless you're the sort who hates laughter and interesting sci-fi. I don't see why these two would be on anyone's list of movies to avoid without that list being at least 50 movies deep. Just the first two off the top of the head though? Come the mother effin on.

Superbad - Completely unfunny piece of trash.
Primer - Pretentious, impossible to understand waste of time.

^ I agree completely with these reviews.

you're the sort who hates laughter and interesting sci-fi.

I don't think sexually repressed teenage boys talking about masturbating into their belly buttons is good comedy. You do. Congratulations. You understand comedy and I don't. "I hate laughter".

8)

I didn't find Primer interesting at all. I read a lot of science fiction. It is probably my favorite genre. Primer offered nothing that the genre hasn't been regurgitating for decades. The only perceivable difference was that the film lacked coherency - and, as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't make it great. Primer is one of the worst films I have ever sat through. It is absolute trash.

^^^One person's idea of funny is another person's :| , but it doesn't make it any less funny to the one person. Although in your case, I don't think you find anything funny. Don't take that as an invitation to break out a list of movies that you find funny, because I could really care less about what makes you laugh to be honest. Your posts are almost always negative and almost always involve a snide retort to someone else's response.

Yes to both of these. Unless you're the sort who hates laughter and interesting sci-fi. I don't see why these two would be on anyone's list of movies to avoid without that list being at least 50 movies deep.
I usually only watch movies that get good reviews. I wouldn't even be able to think of 50 movies that I didn't like.

Superbad was really juvenile I thought. I don't like that kind of humor. For me, it's not funny, just stupid. I think I laughed maybe once or twice through the whole movie. I like movies like Borat a lot better.

Primer was not interesting for me, it was just really confusing. And it seemed like it was made that way on purpose. Like it was made to be as convoluted and hard to understand as possible. I do like sci-fi a lot, but I think there are much better time travel movies. Like 12 Monkeys, Terminator 1 & 2, and The Butterfly Effect. Those are entertaining, and you can understand them without having to watch them 5 times in a row.

Anyways, I'm not saying they're bad movies. Just that I don't like them. :)

Your posts are almost always negative and almost always involve a snide retort to someone else's response.

Despite you saying "don't take this as an invitation", I should be allowed to respond since you're being so critical of me. I don't deserve your comments. My contributions are NOT almost always negative. In fact, recently, I have made WAY more positive comments recently than negative ones.

RECENT POSITIVE COMMENTS in F&T: The Young Ones, Chris Morris, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Battle: Los Angeles, A Serious Man, King of the Hill, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Red Dwarf, The Man Who Fell to Earth, The Cleveland Show, Community and The Sunset Limited.

RECENT NEGATIVE COMMENTS in F&T: Shameless, Prometheus, Scream 4, Archer & Paul

12 positive comments, to 5 negative comments. Maybe you just remember the negative ones... ?

in your case, I don't think you find anything funny.

You mean aside from The Young Ones, everything by Chris Morris, Tom Goes to the Mayor, A Serious Man, King of the Hill, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Red Dwarf, The Cleveland Show and Community?

I have not made a single "snide" comment towards anyone in F&T recently (at least the past three months, probably the whole year). The only example you might find is in the Fantastic Mr. Fox thread in which, ironically, it was implied that I am generally too positive... and numerous people agreed with me in that thread.

I don't want to get into a debate with you. I just wanted a chance to defend myself. If you want to reply to this comment, do it via PM.

Not like anybody needed to be told this but Fool's Gold is the WORST movie I've probably ever seen (other than MST3K shit). I mean, I knew going in it'd be pretty damn bad but I thought "hey, they were free tickets so whatever, I'll just go. I've been amused by some pretty typical, kinda crappy romantic comedies before..." NO. NO. NO. If this is on basic cable switch it to golf or those old-bag lady aerobics before you start watching this shit. It's THAT bad.

Despite you saying "don't take this as an invitation", I should be allowed to respond since you're being so critical of me. I don't deserve your comments. My contributions are NOT almost always negative. In fact, recently, I have made WAY more positive comments recently than negative ones.

RECENT POSITIVE COMMENTS in F&T: The Young Ones, Chris Morris, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Battle: Los Angeles, A Serious Man, King of the Hill, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Red Dwarf, The Man Who Fell to Earth, The Cleveland Show, Community and The Sunset Limited.

RECENT NEGATIVE COMMENTS in F&T: Shameless, Prometheus, Scream 4, Archer & Paul

12 positive comments, to 5 negative comments. Maybe you just remember the negative ones... ?

You mean aside from The Young Ones, everything by Chris Morris, Tom Goes to the Mayor, A Serious Man, King of the Hill, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Red Dwarf, The Cleveland Show and Community?

I have not made a single "snide" comment towards anyone in F&T recently (at least the past three months, probably the whole year). The only example you might find is in the Fantastic Mr. Fox thread in which, ironically, it was implied that I am generally too positive... and numerous people agreed with me in that thread.

I don't want to get into a debate with you. I just wanted a chance to defend myself. If you want to reply to this comment, do it via PM.

tl;dr

Seven Pounds has been #1 on my speed dial since 08. I still recall the agonizing wait for Will to throw himself on the grenade of answering the phone.

Superbad - Completely unfunny piece of trash.
Primer - Pretentious, impossible to understand waste of time.
Eraserhead - What the fuck man. Totally bizarre, and boring too.
The Shining - Too scary and unpleasant. Good movie though.

Starship Troopers and Existenz are great. No idea why someone should avoid those.

I liked Primer. I've probably seen it about 10 times. Although I understood more the more times I watched it, I still don't understand some things (of course).
I like how most of the actors (all but one, I think) were first timers... and that the guy who directed it also scored it wrote it, played the lead, and in life is a mathematician. Also, the feel of it was "real", and not over-dramatized or over-done.

The greatest achievement of Primer (and probably the main purpose) was to make a time travel film that actually makes sense and isn't full of paradoxes. I reckon its great, its almost more like a demonstration of the solution to a "possible" time travelling story then a film. Cant really compare it to Terminator or Back to the Future etc.

The greatest achievement of Primer (and probably the main purpose) was to make a time travel film that actually makes sense and isn't full of paradoxes. I reckon its great, its almost more like a demonstration of the solution to a "possible" time travelling story then a film. Cant really compare it to Terminator or Back to the Future etc.

No you can't. That would be very unfair to even remotely try to compare it to those two movies.

Terminator - Budget: 6.4 million
Back To The Future - Budget: 19 million
Primer - Budget: $7,000.00

For a movie that cost less than a used car, they did a really good job of making it. Is it a great movie? Not really, but I think it's good at least. Enough to have bought the DVD.

^ You clearly haven't seen the beaters around here. $7000 is an outrageous price. ;)