• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ microdosing mushrooms or lsd for anxiety, what are your experiences?

tazz20

Bluelighter
curious to know if anyone has gotten anywhere with this? meds seem ok but I mean I keep thinking psychedelics might be a piece of a solution. The one time I took a bit less than 2 grams I felt like myself for the first time in a really long time and wondering if this might actually work lol

mushrooms work alot better for microdosing and relief from anxiety and depression. LSD microdosing was never my thing tried it before and didn't really notice positive effects just felt like i was a bit altered still by the acid. I prefer larger doses of LSD and smaller doses of shrooms or microdosing shrooms

mushrooms work alot better for microdosing and relief from anxiety and depression. LSD microdosing was never my thing tried it before and didn't really notice positive effects just felt like i was a bit altered still by the acid. I prefer larger doses of LSD and smaller doses of shrooms or microdosing shrooms
interesting. it's a huge huge bummer for me that I can't do this stuff on meds. I feel like the meds are starting to work but something about mushrooms felt really natural and I miss that :/ I was in a really bad place and this was also on towards the end of medication withdrawals. For four hours I felt like everything was ok. This wasn't an artificial happiness like mdma but I happiness that was burried under years of anxiety, it was a nostalgic kind of euphoria of the good old days if that makes sense lol. obviously a microdose wouldn't get me there but I constantly wonder if it would really work the same way as antidepressants. I remember someone else telling me otherwise and I know I made a thread awhile back with it. It sucks because obviously I wouldn't know the potency and availability. I often wonder if it's also just a placebo effect that people report. have you been microdosing shrooms for both anxiety and depression? my anxiety is pretty severe.

yeah when i had some mushrooms they helped my depression and anxiety by alot but after i stopped using them these things both came back. I truly believe mushrooms are the best psychedelic for depression and anxiety and microdosing allows those benefits to be more extended without wearing off. It is by far not a placebo effect and infact measureable on the brain as have been in done in numerous studies now.

yeah when i had some mushrooms they helped my depression and anxiety by alot but after i stopped using them these things both came back. I truly believe mushrooms are the best psychedelic for depression and anxiety and microdosing allows those benefits to be more extended without wearing off. It is by far not a placebo effect and infact measureable on the brain as have been in done in numerous studies now.
what frequency were you dosing?

A good friend of mine tried microdosing mushrooms for these issues, and it made his anxiety, panic issues, and depression 1,000x worse and he had a horrible bad trip from it. He wound up having to go on a low dose of benzo drugs, and just drinks and smokes weed and hash now. He said had he known a micro or low dose of mushrooms would have affected him this way he would have just taken a larger dose of Psilocybin mushrooms and really tripped.

I have taken moderate, low, and micro doses of LSD. It was not for anxiety, depression, etc. I did it because I had already experienced a super high dose of acid and wanted to see what lower doses were like.

At micro doses LSD is like a stimulant in some ways, not like Amphetamine, cocaine, or even coffee or tea, but more like large quantities of yerba mate as they both give you euphoria and colours turn brighter, but again a micro dose of LSD is not really a trip.

I did not always have access to Psilocybin mushrooms so when I would take those I would get them in bulk, eat 2.0g which gave me a ++++ experience with telepathy, or 1.5g for a +++ experience. I know people grow them but everything has to be super sterile and when I was into using drugs I had dogs and cats, and later I lived in a city with lots of narcs and someone I knew was growing mushrooms, selling to friends and got arrested and went to prison for cultivation, dealing, and using a communication network to sell drugs-this was via pager, and simple email long before texting and mobile phones.

A good friend of mine tried microdosing mushrooms for these issues, and it made his anxiety, panic issues, and depression 1,000x worse and he had a horrible bad trip from it. He wound up having to go on a low dose of benzo drugs, and just drinks and smokes weed and hash now. He said had he known a micro or low dose of mushrooms would have affected him this way he would have just taken a larger dose of Psilocybin mushrooms and really tripped.

I have taken moderate, low, and micro doses of LSD. It was not for anxiety, depression, etc. I did it because I had already experienced a super high dose of acid and wanted to see what lower doses were like.

At micro doses LSD is like a stimulant in some ways, not like Amphetamine, cocaine, or even coffee or tea, but more like large quantities of yerba mate as they both give you euphoria and colours turn brighter, but again a micro dose of LSD is not really a trip.

I did not always have access to Psilocybin mushrooms so when I would take those I would get them in bulk, eat 2.0g which gave me a ++++ experience with telepathy, or 1.5g for a +++ experience. I know people grow them but everything has to be super sterile and when I was into using drugs I had dogs and cats, and later I lived in a city with lots of narcs and someone I knew was growing mushrooms, selling to friends and got arrested and went to prison for cultivation, dealing, and using a communication network to sell drugs-this was via pager, and simple email long before texting and mobile phones.
interesting. I guess everyone is different. I think I do also remember people saying you should have a good mindset even with microdoses as well. I know when I did a mild trip my mindset, while a bit nervous, I was hopeful. I know psychs aren't for everyone, but after taking that last dose I'm convince that maybe they can help me in some way or another. The availability of them is also concerning. I wouldn't want to go back to feeling anxious because I wouldn't be able to immediately buy more. I also just want to have a full blown trip really really badly lol

Maybe have a look here:

I microdose it occasionally to help with depression. I do enjoy the odd stronger experience. Be aware it is still hard work to make a change like this permanently, psychedelics only help you along.

Also I think there is no difference between LSD and mushrooms for microdosing they feel the same to me at low doses.

I microdose it occasionally to help with depression. I do enjoy the odd stronger experience. Be aware it is still hard work to make a change like this permanently, psychedelics only help you along.

Also I think there is no difference between LSD and mushrooms for microdosing they feel the same to me at low doses.
Yea, I realize there's no magic fix. Just wondering if it would benefit me more than antidepressants. That one shroom trip I took made me feel good in a way I hadn't in a very long time. It was a very nostalgic feeling. It just sucks that no doctor can recommend or guide me through a microdose.

I tried microdosing 4-aco-dmt. I took around 2mg and was so anxious, I never repeated the experience.

Mashrooms, specifically mashroom alcohol extract, has served me very well multiple times in my life. Mild but noticable improvement in mood with better vision and more clearer thinking. I would use it 3 times a day (10 droplets) every other day for a month and then take at least 2 month break. All in all it was helpful and not harmful in any way.

It's a tough decision. I just wanna be able to open up my mind more and feel more open and I can't help to think that shrooms might be a solution. I never felt so....normal....during that mild trip. of course I have to worry about withdrawals if I slowly taper off effexor.

how did he trip off of a microdose?!

Yea, I realize there's no magic fix. Just wondering if it would benefit me more than antidepressants. That one shroom trip I took made me feel good in a way I hadn't in a very long time. It was a very nostalgic feeling. It just sucks that no doctor can recommend or guide me through a microdose.
It helped me more than Prozac personally. My advice for microdosing is that there really isnt a universal proper dose so you should start low and then work your way up until you are at what you need personally. Are you leaning more toward one sunstance or another?

It helped me more than Prozac personally. My advice for microdosing is that there really isnt a universal proper dose so you should start low and then work your way up until you are at what you need personally. Are you leaning more toward one sunstance or another?
Are you asking if I prefer one substance over another?

In my experience and from the research of Torsten Passie, microdosing can increase anxiety for a lot of people. I find macrodosing to provide better relief in the days and weeks following the experience.

I have been microdosing psilocybin for about three weeks now. Anxiety is lower, smoking less cannabis, less angry/stressed, concentration is a bit better, less feeling involved with thinking, time goes by a bit faster. The changes are not overwhelming but my overall state of mind is better. I take about 0.1 g dried psilocybe semilanceata each morning for 4 days, then 3 days off. Following Paul Stamets microdosing regimen.

Btw Im just guessing the amount btw I don't have scale I just eye ball it. Like 3 medium sized dried psilocybe semilanceata/Liberty Caps. No idea how that much weighs. Worked my way up to that dose to see what worked best for me.
It does give me some anxiety sometimes but it's only if I smoked a lot of cannabis while microdosing.