• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ microdosing mushrooms or lsd for anxiety, what are your experiences?

I think I also remember seeing that eventually you have to take a month or a few months off?

I think I also remember seeing that eventually you have to take a month or a few months off?
anti depressants can take a while to clear the body. The thing about shrooms is that some people seem to be able to trip on anti depressants while LSD does not work for them. Well some people can't.

anti depressants can take a while to clear the body. The thing about shrooms is that some people seem to be able to trip on anti depressants while LSD does not work for them. Well some people can't.
Oh I meant like don't you have to take breaks in between a microdosing regimens? lol. and yea I didn't feel much when I tried a tab on a day I skipped my meds.

Oh I meant like don't you have to take breaks in between a microdosing regimens? lol. and yea I didn't feel much when I tried a tab on a day I skipped my meds.
yeah taking a couple days off each week is required.

So how do you microdose shrroms without getting anxiety, that people get on the come up with shrooms and acid, do I take one liberty cap at a time and wait an hour in between? Do you feel anything with a microdose?

The idea of a microdose is for it to be so small you don't notice any "trip/comeup" effects, but you still get other positive effects. I take 3 medium sized dried liberty caps. You should try to work your way up to a dose that suits you. If you feel comeup effects or are tripping you took to much. I noticed that 4 liberty caps are a bit too much for me, especially when I smoke weed on top of that. Preferably, you should grind the dried mushrooms to a powder and weigh that out, since the potency in each mushroom vary!

The idea of a microdose is for it to be so small you don't notice any "trip/comeup" effects, but you still get other positive effects. I take 3 medium sized dried liberty caps. You should try to work your way up to a dose that suits you. If you feel comeup effects or are tripping you took to much. I noticed that 4 liberty caps are a bit too much for me, especially when I smoke weed on top of that. Preferably, you should grind the dried mushrooms to a powder and weigh that

Nice one, thanks I'll do that when I get some hun

yeah taking a couple days off each week is required.
what I mean is, can you continuously do that pattern for the long term? I know that people say take it every 3 days but isn't there a point where you're supposed to take a longer break for at least a month?

what I mean is, can you continuously do that pattern for the long term? I know that people say take it every 3 days but isn't there a point where you're supposed to take a longer break for at least a month?
i think mabye after a couple months you should take a longer break

Microdosing never really suited me - I tended to think i was dulling down the receptors for my weekly "big trip" on saturday so I never got too into it. Good idea tho.

Hey have you tried it?

I just ordered some so will see how it works. I am scared to trip. For some reason when I smoke weed it not only skyrockets my anxiety but it makes me feel horrible for a couple of hours. I hope there is no such "feeling" from shrooms

Hey have you tried it?

I just ordered some so will see how it works. I am scared to trip. For some reason when I smoke weed it not only skyrockets my anxiety but it makes me feel horrible for a couple of hours. I hope there is no such "feeling" from shrooms
haven't tried it yet. switching meds atm yea weed can sometimes make my anxiety worse. somehow 1.8 grams of shrooms I was great though lol

haven't tried it yet. switching meds atm yea weed can sometimes make my anxiety worse. somehow 1.8 grams of shrooms I was great though lol
I just took 50 mg 3 hours ago and nothing. I am on low dose of trintellex (anti depressant) low dose of dexedrine, klonopin and suboxone. Going to try a higher dose of shrooms. I have bad anxiety, depression and some ptsd. Microdosing works for some people. In Canada it's legal for palliative patients so it means it helps them with fear of dying. I just hope it works for my mental issues. At the same time Im worried about tripping and can't understand why some people use it just to trip I mean whats good about it?

I only read the first page but heres my thoughts. Psych drugs can only help you along, and can be life changing but there will come a point things will need time before they can be useful again. They show paths, and help you better think through things but they can also be dangerous. Ive tripped over a hundred times, and have learned that lsd,mushroom, and dmt can great, and very useful for all types of things mainly depression plus energy I think. It lets you see yourself in a different way to allow you to have less ego giving you the ability to better think about what you need or don’t. Sometimes you might trip, and have a good time with no worries. Other times will get deep, and uncomfortable but just remember it will pass. You have to to put in the work though otherwise it’s pointles.

I never found microdoses much use. To me. the healing part of the experience is being lifted out of your usual frame of mind for a few hours. If you are taking it to shovel shit at work it's kinda pointless.

I micro/medio-dosed shrooms for about a month last year. It did make work more interesting and gave me a little boost of energy, but overall I'd say the effects were minimal. I'd rather trip full-blown on a day or 2 off.

For me it's the opposite, shrooms only do side effects while LSD worked as intended. This makes sense since LSD is much more potent and thus able to break through the blockade by SSRIs (well it isn't blockade but receptor downregulation, weirdly I didn't require higher dosage than the others but they had tolerance from previous LSD use). Never heard of shrooms working but LSD not.

SSRI antidepressants are evil. Not just do they mess with your brain and ability to do psychedelics, but also induce dependency if taken long and/or high dosed enough. I just can't stop, tried countless times to taper but no success. At some point would brain zaps, diarrhea, dysphoria, restlessness etc. come, hell even craving and I'd relaspe.

Microdosing doesn't work though while on SSRI, I tried it with 1cP-LSD, taking 1/4 of a 100mcg blotter but got nothing at all.

I tried a month microdosing regimen of 4-AcO-DMT. No noticeable benefit. Same results for two of my friends. Microdosing ALD-52 seemed to produce some mild beneficial effects, but also seemed to make me irritable. Microdosing fresh, green morning glory seeds seemed to produce a mild mood boost. None appeared to produce lasting effects.

although I first experimented with mini and microdosing 50 years ago, I have been at every 3rd day more or less for the last decade and a half.

I have not been diagnosed with anxiety or depression, however I have also been actively practising daily meditation (samatha/vipassana style breath following) during most of this 50 year period, and that practice also helps to counter restlessness, obsession, and dysphoria.

Each time i do microdose, I have to steer my mind back to breathing, the moment, and sensory contact because of the stimulant effects of the psychedelic substance, which leads to restless fidgeting, and the minor disorientation of the little lift (extra mental spaciousness), which turns into the many hours of lasting benefit for me.

Please bear in mind, I do this as my way of life. I am not personally afflicted by obsession, anxiety, or other cognitive difficulties, but I do get anxious, and it passes, and i do obsess, which also passes, and I have traumatic memories (childhood accidents and family conflict and ongoing life challenges) that I can painfully re-visit as well. The microdosing helps me, but I am doing the work, not the drug, the drug is just making it easier for me to enjoy living between doing the work of letting go and reconnecting to the moment.

It provides the mental spaciousness and that perspective is what I think is healing and useful to me, and can be of use to others who can appreciate the lift and recover from the pitfalls of restlessness, or fixation or tightness (the sticky defensive thing we naturally fall back on).

I also do meditation but don't do drugs but acknowledge that psychedelics are awesome and wonderful

I also do meditation but don't do drugs but acknowledge that psychedelics are awesome and wonderful
Just curious, why are you then on bluelight? Curiosity, or a relative which does dugs?
Don't get me wrong, I like it that non-users come here too and hopefully get the one or other preoccupation resolved, but the vast majority of people here either do or did drugs.

I can't meditate. I just can't. Only when on a dissociative, otherwise my mind's far too chatty. Do you have a trick for me?