• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ microdosing mushrooms or lsd for anxiety, what are your experiences?

So how do you microdose shrroms without getting anxiety, that people get on the come up with shrooms and acid, do I take one liberty cap at a time and wait an hour in between? Do you feel anything with a microdose?

Also if I want to trip on shrooms, do I eat one by one till I start tripping instead of one gram at a once like the last time my ex gave me a bad trip on a chocolate shrooms containing a gram lol?

How many dried liberty caps is in a gram roughly?

So how do you microdose shrroms without getting anxiety, that people get on the come up with shrooms and acid, do I take one liberty cap at a time and wait an hour in between? Do you feel anything with a microdose?

Also if I want to trip on shrooms, do I eat one by one till I start tripping instead of one gram at a once like the last time my ex gave me a bad trip on a chocolate shrooms containing a gram lol?

The number of dried mushrooms in a gram varies depending on size, weight, species, etc. Get a digital scale.

If you want to really trip on mushrooms eat at least 1.5-2.0 grams. But if 1 gram gave you a bad trip I would not consume any psychedelic drugs, including mushrooms or LSD, and just smoke Indica weed or hash.

curious to know if anyone has gotten anywhere with this? meds seem ok but I mean I keep thinking psychedelics might be a piece of a solution. The one time I took a bit less than 2 grams I felt like myself for the first time in a really long time and wondering if this might actually work lol
Microdosing is levels below half a gram and such, so minute that even feeling like yourself is to much if it’s hard to feel like that normally. Now that being said I’m no cosmonaut but research leads me to believe that a trip can lead to lasting depressive and anxiety relief. I’m undertaking a project for this very reason and will include a link to my thread once I begin to Dose

The number of dried mushrooms in a gram varies depending on size, weight, species, etc. Get a digital scale.

If you want to really trip on mushrooms eat at least 1.5-2.0 grams. But if 1 gram gave you a bad trip I would not consume any psychedelic drugs, including mushrooms or LSD, and just smoke Indica weed or hash.
Second that. Some people are sensitive to serotonin, therefore if you must. Start as low as .1. A good scale will save you so much headache for numerous endeavors

But if 1 gram gave you a bad trip I would not consume any psychedelic drugs

My ex gave me the bad trip as it was a bad setting too, music started the bad trip as wasn't the me right music to trip too, then on the anxiety on the come up he made me feel more anxious by asking what was wrong and getting in my face, worst trip sitter ever, asking what wrong to someone who's coming up on shrooms

Can't smoke weed, it makes my anxiety worse, paranoid abd jittery and scared, to much THC as I used to be able to smoke it when it had CBD in it yo level it out and I still can smoke weed after raves when I've took uppers

i would say like half a dried cap should be okay for microdose. When i had dry shrooms of similar potency i would just take half a dried shroom and go on my day. Only Dose once for the day. For tripping you will want to eat your dose within a hour sometimes very large doses have taken me this full hour to down everything. The faster you intake the stronger it hits else it becomes delayed

For tripping you will want to eat your dose within a hour sometimes very large doses have taken me this full hour to down everything

I thought if I ease myself into it I might not get that anxiety on the come up, spread the shooms out over a few hours, won't that be a good idea then no?

My ex gave me the bad trip as it was a bad setting too, music started the bad trip as wasn't the me right music to trip too, then on the anxiety on the come up he made me feel more anxious by asking what was wrong and getting in my face, worst trip sitter ever, asking what wrong to someone who's coming up on shrooms

Can't smoke weed, it makes my anxiety worse, paranoid abd jittery and scared, to much THC as I used to be able to smoke it when it had CBD in it yo level it out and I still can smoke weed after raves when I've took uppers
Just pregame with cbd. I too have the same problem eventually I found that I started off with cbd flower and just a smidge weed, now I’m on dabs no cbd flower but that should help bridge the gap. Cbd helps block thc as you may know but it does nothing if thc has already filled the receptors. No worries if you can’t trip. Some people can’t. I’ve always overdone it myself. Half ounce of mushrooms 4 hits blotter, I can’t ever be happy with a normal common sense dose then I blame the substance. But I’m trying again. In a safe setting, where I feel at home and I have benzos in case things go haywire. Tripping is all about prep and accepting the good and bad. Even if you had a bad trip you learned things and perhaps the acid or whatever was warning you of the people you had around you as they are your ex lol

I thought if I ease myself into it I might not get that anxiety on the come up, spread the shooms out over a few hours, won't that be a good idea then no?
Easing into it can help dull the anxiety but the experince will never really peak to something greater. With all my trips the first few hours are grueling before peaking and finding a state of satori. The anxiety is dreadful on come ups and i wish i knew better ways of dealing with it instead i just try meditate and breathe through that stage knowing the magic will soon take me to better realms.

I find shrooms lesser to be better. I did some crazy doses and got nothing out of it expect a terrible couple hours of having my mind broken. Just eating one shroom a day as a microdose helped me alot in my life. I have tried eating shrooms over a period of 6 hours and felt like i was still getting a bit higher but like any trip it really seems to level out a duration and set amount.

Yes I'm definitely having them incase I need to abort the trip lol
Well it’s important to realize that you can’t really abort it, only take things to calm it down. But if you can practice facing fears on a daily basis it will help you in a trip, or vice versa which is why psychedelics could be beneficial to those suffering from PTSD as it also helps you form new neurons

i would say like half a dried cap should be okay for microdose. When i had dry shrooms of similar potency i would just take half a dried shroom and go on my day. Only Dose once for the day. For tripping you will want to eat your dose within a hour sometimes very large doses have taken me this full hour to down everything. The faster you intake the stronger it hits else it becomes delayed
I used to avoid eating any food for 3-4 hours before eating the mushrooms. The one time I ate shrimp lo-mein and then ate 1.5 grams of dried Psilocybin mushrooms and the onset of the trip was more gradual than before when I ate them without food where I was instantly tripping very fast and I thought I was in a dream, reality was very dream-like, or that I was dreaming that my friend and I ate mushrooms but then I remembered we took drugs to trip.

Drug experiences often provoke a new state of consciousness which offers a opportunity to see reality from another angle. This can be a benefit for those who are open and predisposed to bury the psychological causes that disturb them, or at least to take the first step.
But don't be fooled into thinking that drugs will magically fix something in your mind, it doesn't work that way. In fact, this is just a myth.
Any setback you want to overcome in life requires attention and effort, with or without drugs.

You must know that drugs are always a commitment. It is true that you can improve as a human being using them, but think of drugs as in Trading where there is no place for those who do not know the technique or the discipline, nor do they know how to wait for the right moment.
I've had good times and bad times with drugs and have tried over 60 different substances. In the end I have understood that these are almost always neutral, random and spontaneous experiences. They are certainly powerful tools in the hands of those who use them.

All that said, my take is that microdosing aimed at reducing anxiety puts psychedelics in the same stage as the pharmaceutical drugs.
In fact, many patients usually do not improve in the long term with the use of antipscotics or antidepressants. It is not that their effect is not useful in some cases, but the are prescribed for regular use without any justification.
In the long run, we tend to make a habit of what makes us feel better if the path to achieving it is easy...but only easy at first. That is why my opinion is that microdosing is not without its dangers.
What about exploring the underlying causes of anxiety? Taking drugs to avoid it seems not to be enough to solve the problem.

You can choose to pacify your mind with drugs for a few minutes or take the arduous path of self-knowledge. Both are valid but their purposes and results are very different.

Whatever commitment you choose to overcome the causes that generate anxiety, it could go beyond the irrational use of any medication.

Good luck. ;)

Last edited:
Well it’s important to realize that you can’t really abort it, only take things to calm it down

50mg diazepam completely stopped a bad mushroom trip, but it wasn't a very bad one like I've had on acid before where I had no benzos and didn't know benzos helped if you're having a bad trip, so yeah maybe I need like a whole strip of clonazopam to abort a very bad trip then

Yeah I was just curious.
I feel like I prefer the idea of psychedelic treatment lol but who knows if it's the right move right now. I just know the mild trip I had was eye opening to me. I don't mean to rely purely on substances of course but I mean it made me feel a way I hadn't felt in a really long time during a really dark time.

be happy man, take the mushrooms, better than benzos, but your liver is going to die and the paranoia will be installed anytime soon

Drug experiences often provoke a new state of consciousness which offers a opportunity to see reality from another angle. This can be a benefit for those who are open and predisposed to bury the psychological causes that disturb them, or at least to take the first step.
But don't be fooled into thinking that drugs will magically fix something in your mind, it doesn't work that way. In fact, this is just a myth.
Any setback you want to overcome in life requires attention and effort, with or without drugs.

You must know that drugs are always a commitment. It is true that you can improve as a human being using them, but think of drugs as in Trading where there is no place for those who do not know the technique or the discipline, nor do they know how to wait for the right moment.
I've had good times and bad times with drugs and have tried over 60 different substances. In the end I have understood that these are almost always neutral, random and spontaneous experiences. They are certainly powerful tools in the hands of those who use them.

All that said, my take is that microdosing aimed at reducing anxiety puts psychedelics in the same stage as the pharmaceutical drugs.
In fact, many patients usually do not improve in the long term with the use of antipscotics or antidepressants. It is not that their effect is not useful in some cases, but the are prescribed for regular use without any justification.
In the long run, we tend to make a habit of what makes us feel better if the path to achieving it is easy...but only easy at first. That is why my opinion is that microdosing is not without its dangers.
What about exploring the underlying causes of anxiety? Taking drugs to avoid it seems not to be enough to solve the problem.

You can choose to pacify your mind with drugs for a few minutes or take the arduous path of self-knowledge. Both are valid but their purposes and results are very different.

Whatever commitment you choose to overcome the causes that generate anxiety, it could go beyond the irrational use of any medication.

Good luck. ;)
right. I also take other things into consideration such as diet and exercise too, as well as therapy. Drugs are only one tool.