Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Bass Clef Series feat. The Advent Live - Westgate S & LC - 15/5/04

BassClefFlyerFinal2.gif

See full flyer for details!

Psyentist: Nice job with the flyer man - Quality!

The Advent I know of and have heard some ripper sets from but if anyone else has some more links to any more then feel free to let me know, but the new guy added to the lineup Jesco Schuck I havent heard of, how is he?

Damn cant days go quicker, I cant wait for this party hehe This is a hell of a way to start this new bass clef series!

Jesco Schuck

DJ: Since 1989
Style: Techno

Events/Festivals:
5th Electronic Music Festival 2000/Spain, Alive Open Air 2000 and 2001/Belgium, Battery Park/Cologne 1998, Bonusz Festival/Budapest, Cubik/Suisse 1993 and 1994, Energy 2000/Zurich, Futurecope I, IV/Zurich, Hyperspace/Budapest 2002, Lakeparade/Geneva 1997, Lethargie/Zurich 1995 and 1996, Loveparade 1992, 1998 - 2001/Berlin, Tribu Festival 2001 and 2002/Malta, Streetparade7Budapest, Streetparade/Zurich 1993 - 2002, Sziget Festival/Budapest, X-Tribe/Budapest 1996 ...

Clubs:
Ambasada Gavioli/Izola, Analogue City@The Mass/London, Aquarius/Sophia, Club, Club Prag/Stuttgart, Castillo Marroquin/Bogota, Electric Ballroom/Berlin, Etoile/Metz, Exit/Malta, Fuse Club/Brussels, Godet/Istanbul, Indigo/Sofia, M1/Stuttgart, Magic/Almeria, Magma/Istanbul, Maxi/Marseille, Metro /Chicago, Metropolis/Sofia, Nachtwerk Club/Munich, Nova/Linz, Ohm/Portland, Palazzo/Bingen, Paradise Garage/Lisbon, Pierrot/New York, Pleasure Dome/Augsburg, Rex Club/Paris, Rote Fabrik/Zurich, Stalker/Haarlem, Stammheim/Kassel, Tettinger/Malta, Tresor Club/Berlin, U60311/Frankfurt, Ultimate Base@Velvet Rooms/London, Ultraschall/Munich, Vaults/Edinbough, Qudoc/Glasgow ...

Resident Clubs:
Douala/Ravensburg
Rohstofflager/Zurich
U 60311/Frankfurt

Has Played With Following Artists:
Adam Beyer, Cari Lekebusch, Carl Cox, Chis Liebing, Claude Young, Danilo Vigorito, Dave Angel, Dave Clarke, Fumiya Tanaka, DJ Hell, Jeff Mills, Joey Beltram, John Acquaviva, Juan Atkins, Ken Ishii, Luke Slater, Laurent Garnier, Marco Carola, Miss Djax, Richie Hawtin, Rino Cerrone, Robert Hood, Samuel L. Session, Space DJ'z, Surgeon, Sven V�, The Advent...

Has Played With Following Live Acts:
Alter Ego, Bandulu, Der Dritte Raum, LFO, Luke Slater, The Advent...

We figure, if we're gonna do a full blown TECHNO show *be it hard or be it slamming*, lets do it properly aye!?

From Melbourne to Portugal to Germany...we have it all! :D

Thanks Pete. Keep the good work mate, about time someone brings The Advent, havent seen him before, I can only expect great things in the future from you guys the way things are going ;)

PDT said:

We figure, if we're gonna do a full blown TECHNO show *be it hard or be it slamming*, lets do it properly aye!?

Hell ye PDT!! bout time a promoter thought like that ;)

Mr_AuDiO said:
Psyentist: Nice job with the flyer man - Quality!

Nah matey. I didn't mean that I made the flyer, I can't take any credit for that one.

I mean that Petey has been kind enough to ask me to make some noise at the party.

BRING
THE
SHIT
ON!

...and make some noise he will!!

Tickets on sale today! :D

Ah ok hehe Well congrats to whoever made the flyer then ;)

Noise? What kind of noise? :p

Getting closer slowly.

Some facts about Altona.

Hi everyone.

I had been doing some research on Altona to show everyone the true facts about the venue. Here is what I have to tell. There are also contact emails below, should anyone want further info.

As everyone knows, Altona is governed by sound restrictions and as such is fitted with sound limiters which cut power to amplifiers once threshold has been reached.

This up n coming ‘Advent’ show will be different. How?

Well, firstly, this event is not targeting a massive audience of 5,000+, which in essence means we won’t be utilising 6 separate sound systems. We are utilising a space catered for 1,000 people and we are using a single sound system, between 15 - 20 boxes in total. We are not using the soccer courts (this room is always used as the main room at large scale Altona events), we will in fact be using the Cricket Courts (used for the electro and DnB rooms at last years WOTW event). This space has always been used as a side room because of the size of the events held. We have always considered using this space for a feature techno show and it has been proven time and time again that sound quality, in this space, is very good.

Now, let’s drop some facts.

The soccer courts and the cricket courts are both monitored areas as far as sound goes. Both are fitted with a limiter and cut out switches. I have been present at Altona for sound checks at past events and can honestly say, with no other conflicting sound systems near the soccer courts, the soccer court space is actually quite good.

Problems arise when you start adding sound systems in surrounding rooms, which bleed onto the soccer court limiter. If any people took notice, the display box and mic nearest to the soccer courts was positioned where noise from side rooms would also trigger it (it was positioned on the wall nearest outside bar area between soccer and cricket courts). We saw this happen last year. Since then, the venue has managed to have the mic (not the display box) moved to the opposite side of the soccer courts, allowing it to get an undisrupted, true reading of sound in ONLY that space.

We are only running one room in this venue, not 6 which in essence means we are only running one sound system, not 6. We believe it’s a great party space and IT WILL do justice to The Advent, Jesco Schuck and all of the other artists playing on the night.

If you would like any more information please drop me an email at [email protected] If you would like more information on the production, please contact [email protected]

Respect to you all,
Peter Daris.

Last edited:
Well, firstly, this event is not targeting a massive audience of 5,000+, which in essence means we won’t be utilising 6 separate sound systems. We are utilising a space catered for 1,000 people and we are using a single sound system, between 15 - 20 boxes in total. We are not using the soccer courts (this room is always used as the main room at large scale Altona events), we will in fact be using the Cricket Courts (used for the electro and DnB rooms at last years WOTW event).

I have trust in you Pete, and I think you can pull this one off! Because I was very impressed with the sound in the electro arena at war of the worlds.. best I have ever heard sound at altona.. aside when I saw Max Graham play @ Hardware 19. Which I believe was in the same area! So I have full trust that you can pull this off without any sound cutouts..

Good luck mate!

InSoMnIa^ said:
I have trust in you Pete, and I think you can pull this one off! Because I was very impressed with the sound in the electro arena at war of the worlds.. best I have ever heard sound at altona.. aside when I saw Max Graham play @ Hardware 19. Which I believe was in the same area! So I have full trust that you can pull this off without any sound cutouts..

Good luck mate!

Appreciate the support mate! :D

Here are some Advent live movies for everyone! Enjoy :)

*Right-Click Save Target As*

Belgium City Parade 2003

Scotland Digital 2003

Germany Time Warp 2003

I have one reason and one reason only why I won't be here..

I'll be in Perth :( Leaving for a month to travel Australia on May12. Dayyyym, when the hell am I going to find time to catch up with you PDT :( Miss anything you play at, they are always good events. From the little ol' fantastic fun fri nights to big events, you always help make them shine :)

Ah bugga mate!!

I'm glad you dig what I do mate! All good though, we will be doing more this year so I bid you farewell for now, but rest assured, we'll be making a lot more noise!!

I just heard the video clips of THE ADVENT and oh wow is this guy going to shatter the floor on the 15th of May. I am thinking this might end up being the best live pa set I have ever seen, that is a very confident assumption.

And PDT with saying your going to make a whole lot more noise - you just put a damn smile on my face, coz we need more noise that we are getting right now, so keep it up champ!

Mr_AuDiO said:
I just heard the video clips of THE ADVENT and oh wow is this guy going to shatter the floor on the 15th of May. I am thinking this might end up being the best live pa set I have ever seen, that is a very confident assumption.

I'm getting the same feeling.

Mr_AuDiO said:

And PDT with saying your going to make a whole lot more noise - you just put a damn smile on my face, coz we need more noise that we are getting right now, so keep it up champ!

Its exciting isnt it!

That is a guarrantee with regards to more noise too...just you wait and see :)

Bass Clef Series... wicked! ;)

Can't wait for this event. This will kick start a whole sequence of techno shows... making Melbourne once again, the techno city!!