• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

May Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
There was some overlap so if mods want to move posts here please do

I left the other one open

I'm struggling very hard right now, this is going to be the hardest fucking month of my life. I thought it was bad last year. I thought it was bad earlier this year. And now it is the climax of this situation being bad and, magically, I'm unscathed, alright, alive and emotionally devastated.

CH you're really strong and doing fucking well all things considered.

may started off with some news that's either fucking awesome or absolutely disastrous, i have to wait and see.

Yeah still sober. On Tuesday Im being sentenced for a felony and misdameanor assault. So that is somewhat stressful, but it is a lot easier to deal with shit like that when you're sober.

Everyone deserves a second chance hotfries. I hope you get yours.

chinup; thank you. I am trying to take basic care of myself. Trying not to fall into a hole of sadness that I, unfortunately, feel I just recently climbed out of just earlier this year. Taking care of basic things seems impossible. I still get it all done. I don't know how, or why.

I am getting that terrible feeling where I know I need to go do things and I don't want to due to mental health and stress and grief/sadness.

I had a really good day and am still sad at the end from grieving. I'm telling myself, and it's true, that it's ok to feel this way and it's normal and it will pass. If I don't start to feel a bit better in a few more days I'll go get some additional help. I'm not going to let myself regress back to a mentally unhealthier savepoint. I've done a lot to work on myself and I'm going to keep that going.

I'm still personally devastated. I had a very rich moment today though and it felt more comforting than I think many will ever know. It was very uplifting. I normally don't feel comfort or compassion from other human beings and I felt that today. It was very heartwarming. It gave me a perspective that my life is worth living, no matter what I'm thinking or feeling right now.

Got my sentencing suggestion from the state today, they're suggesting I continue treatment and go on house arrest. I can definitely deal with that.

Got my sentencing suggestion from the state today, they're suggesting I continue treatment and go on house arrest. I can definitely deal with that.
Dude that's great, I'm assuming that was the positive outcome at least.

Please do continue with treatment and I'll be rooting for you the whole way man. We ALL make mistakes. Some get luckier than others. Some get caught, others get away. We're all working on ourselves here and I don't judge people who really do want to do better in their lives, on earth while they're here.

Take care of yourself man. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Don't be afraid to try new (sober) things.

It makes me really happy to hear someone got a second chance.

Yeah thanks man its a huge win. But we'll see what happens in court Tuesday. Although I find it unlikely the Judge goes against the state recommendation.

Indeed. Very good news.

I wish I had some to share, other than things are going well in some areas of my life while others are actively falling apart.

mental health in toilet, agoraphobic as fuck. hard to face real world anymore. i used to be somebody.

CH,

I’ve read your addiction story in that thread. Heartbreaking. I ask the eternal question every single day: Why does God keep some people alive almost like some kind of sick joke rather than put them out of their misery; the question with no answer for me. Two years after trauma, my problems are nowhere near being solved, but I see myself becoming a part of the unnoticed and unrespected population in society in a couple of years and at the same time am happy that I was fortunate to come from a good family. Starting to forgive myself and others only a day at a time although some days I might just be full on Manic and Depressive as hell. Got hooked on Oxy for a while to numb the pain. I could never compare it to other people’s more severe addictions but I’ve been denying myself my sources to obtain my DOC while supplementing though. I do think about getting high everyday...but I deny for yet another day and stay away from people who use. I refuse to live in the same City as them. End message: The human condition which I experience personally and from what I see in the existence of others makes me wish I was dead every single day yet I am starting to accept and believe that I have been blessed with some odds/chances of returning to unnoticed society and living out the rest of my days on the poverty line but content I may continue to have a roof over my head and meals to eat for another day; I don’t ask for things like starting a family anymore.
Your story let ME know that I AM FKING BLESSED CaptainH. Your story gave me that. I cry to some of these stories on here due to human compassion and the momentary connection I feel for sentient beings. Whatever religion, or no religion, we’re struggling together to a greater or lesser degree together. And we’ll never truly understand the extent of each others’ suffering. To all my Brothers and Sisters of the BL Forum Community, I’m glad I found you all!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, buddy. I lost my best friend nine days ago and I'm still reeling from it.

I've been able to take basic care of myself and immediate concerns/needs but it's a lot to handle mentally.

I haven't used opiates/heroin/bupe in so many years now, and have no desire to. It's not even in my head. Just sadness and emptiness.

That’s rough beyond my vocabulary can express to you losing your best friend so recently. My condolences to everyone that they had touched. The shock on the system is hard for anyone to handle. May you stay strong to the best of your ability -to do whatever it is that we were placed here to do and to also touch and affect whoever it may be in a positive way no matter how small it may seem from our own view which can often be tainted.

Last edited:
Thank you. Working on making myself dinner. This is what he would have wanted anyways it's just stupid to hate going through the motions still.

I used again. I've backed myself into such a fucking bad position. I'm so fucked. I'm so over living with a bunch of people. My roommate is annoying as fuck. Like don't fucking talk to me at 7 am about your fucking tinder match asshole. I don't care..... I sliced my fucking arm open with a razor blade on Saturday because I just couldn't stand the pain anymore. Things are officially falling the fuck apart.

Today is going to be stressful as fuck too. Goddamnit.....

CJ,

Damn man. I don’t know what to say. So few get to escape this life relatively unscathed. I’m so damn depressed and anxious today. Just took a Clonazapam; f me for not finding better ways to cope. My tears are close to flowing out of me today, face in palms and all. The odds don’t look great and it takes some relatively small bad news to stir up these ideas in my head that my situation and odds do not fking look good at all. But I’m living for my parents. To look after them into their old age. I don’t live for me or the prospect of having/starting my OWN family; that ship I believe has best be sailed. It’s better for everyone. Staying alive for my parents; my life in a nutshell. I’m crying right now.

Last edited:
I used again. I've backed myself into such a fucking bad position. I'm so fucked. I'm so over living with a bunch of people. My roommate is annoying as fuck. Like don't fucking talk to me at 7 am about your fucking tinder match asshole. I don't care..... I sliced my fucking arm open with a razor blade on Saturday because I just couldn't stand the pain anymore. Things are officially falling the fuck apart.

Today is going to be stressful as fuck too. Goddamnit.....

One, I can totally relate and at 7 in the morning I wouldn't want to hear about someone's tinder match either and I sincerely hope I am never that annoying to you, friend. At 7 AM I sincerely want to be left alone and sleep in peace. Ignored at best.

Two, I don't blame you for using because it sounds like you're not happy where you are and you deserve to be happy, so no judgments at all man.

What would have to change for things to be better? New roommate? Can you get a room by yourself? I imagine that would be best, would it not? I can't imagine why you would have "roommates" in recovery that sounds like such a terrible recipe for disaster. Like seriously I think we both get that. I guess the facility doubles $$$$ with the # of rooms they have so they can't say no to easy money.

Just think to yourself what has to change for me to *maybe* get better. Think it out. It's something I do constantly so I can micro/macro adjust my "temperament" or personality or ... mentality or whatever the fuck I need to change at the time. Because most of the time I'm the problem and I get that. So many problems here. But if I understand what's going on it helps.

Don't give up man you're in a place where you can still work on things and have things turn around if you want them to.

CJ,

Damn man. I don’t know what to say. So few get to escape this life relatively unscathed. I’m so damn depressed and anxious today. Just took a Clonazapam; f me for not finding better ways to cope. My tears are close to flowing out of me today, face in palms and all. The odds don’t look great and it takes some relatively small bad news to stir up these ideas in my head that my situation and odds do not fking look good at all. But I’m living for my parents. To look after them into their old age. I don’t live for me or the prospect of having/starting my OWN family; that ship I believe has best be sailed. It’s better for everyone. Staying alive for my parents; my life in a nutshell. I’m crying right now.
A lot of people take care of their parents or grandparents in end-of-life situations. It can be emotionally trying to an extreme. You have a lot to live for alongside that too if you want it. Do you have any hobbies or interests? I know a lot of people can feel that desire for their own family. It's never too late to start your own or join a part of one. There are a lot of single moms out there struggling to find the right guy, or a guy with a job, etc. (I'm assuming you're a dude because of what I remember; my brain is totes fried though please forgive me if I am mistaken!!)

There's a lot to do and see out in the world. There's a lot you can read about if you don't want to go and see it all. I get a lot out of camping, hiking, walking on the beach. Seeing the small towns and the big cities in my area. Having done that all over America along the way in my travels (but not the whole nation, thankfully, probably many states better left untouched LOL! though I do want to see it all one day), etc. Stay strong.

I woke up feeling OK myself, but I'm sure it'll all fall apart at one point or another. I tend to get really sad in like 4, 5 hours from now ever since I went through this loss. I think I'm going to break the cycle today and just feel less like an asocial loser and try to go out and do shit with my life today. Something. Anything. I'm not going to recoil back into agoraphobia and shit like that, it's just not an option for me.

Looking back on my "story" and my journey I had a lot of lack of self-awareness about how much pain I put others through and still an incredible lack of empathy for them in that regard as if what I went through was worse, and I should really try not to feel so dead inside about it. I should care. I really should. Like why did it upset them, they weren't addicted. Kind of thinking. I can't break myself of that. I'm a very private person and they did not need to know about it. Etc. So whatever. I wish I cared more and had more of a heart. It'd make me more human and less numb to the world. I think it's a reaction I've probably adopted since childhood to adapt to life and make it through alive, a coping mechanism of sorts. I don't know what I'd call it. Maybe just a symptom of depression. I don't know.

Either way I'm doing well and I'm going to have a decent day or will try VERY hard to.

Hangin there man I need people like you to show me the way I’m fucking struggling too. Please hang in man. I brought s sledge hammer into the woods the other night only thing I could find and I was real close to trying to bang my
Head off it in a botched suicide.

Please don’t give up brother we need you

Status
Not open for further replies.