• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD at a rave?

Ok I have another question concerning this... If someone, for example, smokes weed and while they're high starts to feel socially awkward and anxious, is this a reflection of how they'll feel on acid? Or is it a completely different story..?

It is a different story, but can be similliar IMO.

Anxies on acid comes and goes during the trip (mostly) - it CAN FAR more intense that the anxiety you get from smoking weed. Therefore having some benzos at hand can be very helpful when u (plan to) trip hard. Don't take them on the first signs of "horror", let it flow and change situation. This helps a lot in most cases - and just having benzos can give a secure feeling.
I also like to drink one beer while peaking (not always) - it is relaxing :)

On a strong trip the ability to act in a "socially normal" way will most certainly completly absent. So i would recommend not to trip first time at a rave. Better get used to acid in a place you feel secure and "home" - after getting a feeling for "navigating" it is nice to explore new places though :)

And most important: have fun 8)

I am not a big fan of raves or electronic music, but the handful I have been to I have candyflipped and had intensely enjoyable experiences. If you take LSD, I would say dose up on good tabs as well, or do a few lines of Molly if you can.

I dont think I would take the acid by itself, and I certainly disagree with the person who said "dose large". There is a huge difference between 100 mics and 500 mics, and I wouldnt want to "go there" at a rave

So taking a benzo like xanax would help with anxiety? How would it change the trip? I'm thinking it's best to go with the flow instead of prepare for the worst...

Benzos help a lot with anxiety. They "kind of flatten" the trip, not bad necessary. Took Acid with and without them, both is good in its own way. But having benzos just in case is always nice when you plan to take a lot of acid (especially if you do it alone) IMO.

"Just go with the flow" may get impossible when the flow becomes a terrorfying torrent ;)

So taking a benzo like xanax would help with anxiety? How would it change the trip? I'm thinking it's best to go with the flow instead of prepare for the worst...

As said above, it might make you feel calm just knowing you've got Xanax in your pocket in case shit hits the fan. Taking it will dampen the psychedelic effects somewhat but unless you're taking really small amounts of acid the rave itself should still be pretty damn psychedelic. Also, combining MDMA seems to rather obviously highly emphasize the "euphoria" bit and reduce the need for benzos.%)

I'd consider the size of the rave. is it going to be 30 people? 300? 3000? The more people, the more cautious id be about dropping, since there is a higher chance of a)getting lost in the people and losing your friends or your sanity (temporarily) b) running into a situation that is less than ideal, either weird people or weird events

Acid belongs at raves. Thats how we started way back in the day. Acid at raves was the original experience imo! ;)

well, to be fair, acid was first done in large groups at the Acid Tests in LA and SF. But if you read Tom Wolfe's book, he makes those experiences sound very similar to the raves of today. So I suppose you are partly right

its really down to preference and experience....your first time should probably not be at a rave, just incase acid is totally not your thing. but if your like me an you like things to be intense and just totally lose it an never have a bad trip raves an shows are amazing cause they have so much stimulation an so many people.

the average person is not like me tho.

i wana try candyflipping, it would be perfect for raves, not too much mdma but a fair bit of acid, i think the mdma would stop any bad trip from happening as you would be so open and loving and with the acid you would b tripping and loving the lights n music

i wana try candyflipping, it would be perfect for raves, not too much mdma but a fair bit of acid, i think the mdma would stop any bad trip from happening as you would be so open and loving and with the acid you would b tripping and loving the lights n music

thats what i thought too, until i tried it in that kind of envoirment. you should definitely try candyflipping in a chiller scenario beforehand to make sure what youre getting yourself into. often time, (at least for me) itll be all good while im tripping then i dose the roll and it kicks the trip up into a MUCH higher gear than i was expecting. that being said, it DOES work out the way you explained some of the time, but psychedelics are really a lot less than predictable.

Acid belongs at raves. Thats how we started way back in the day. Acid at raves was the original experience imo! ;)

Maybe at old school goa and psytrance parties.

Raves these days are full of malnourished cracked out kids listening to horrible uncreative music, it's a reflection of the shitty X pills and bunk acid going around. The drugs suck and so do the people who take em'.

The vibes aren't the same. LSD wouldn't be fun at the typical rave today.

Does acid enhance music?

I've tried listening to music on mushrooms and it doesn't work at all. It can mess with the speed of the music, or just make it sound irritating.

So how come music sounds crap on mushrooms and great on lsd?

Or do other people find music mixes well with mushrooms??

psychedelics and music are a perfect combination IMHO. But everyone reacts differently, sooooo... Maybe you just don't like music on shrooms. I dunno.

Your gunna have a fucking blast

Specially if your going to the electric dai....wait nvm cant say that but yeah ill be frying there 2 and get ready for a trip ;)

Also im not candy flipping with it...sure candy flipping is fun but I perfer just having pure lsd as opposed to the retardation that comes with mdma, and the comedown, and plus alotta mdma is a downer. LSD you feel like dancing the fucking night away!

Youll have a great time trust me :)

Also if your feeling like the LSD is 2 much (getting lost in thoughts) instead of taking mdma and dealing with a shitty comedown later that night and having to redose after 4 hours because ull be tired from coming down off the mdma,

DRINK ALCOHOL!!!

Seriously alcohol is an amazing combo with lsd, i find it takes away the awkwardness and makes you feel incredible and think much more clearly, while seeing all the visuals that lsd gives. Trust me ;)

^ Alcohol seriously dampens the psychedelia.

Experience the LSD for what it is, in my opinion.