• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Living with parents

I will fully support my son in whatever he chooses to do that makes him happy until the day he dies (which is a day i hope i never see) I just hope that by 21 i have given him the skills to be able to be on his own and not need my help :)

Why the fuck should there be a need to justify living away from home at a certain age? I'm 25 and living at home, and i keep out my parents way and they keep out of mine. They're more than happy for me to still be at home, in fact i think they fear having an "empty nest". And meanwhile i'm saving plenty of money. My sister just moved out, like last month, and she's 27. Living at home until that age has allowed her and her fiance to save a deposit and move into a new house. With the way the real estate market is in sydney these days you don't have much choice other than to live at home until your mid twenties.

I agree, Donny. I'm 23 and i live at home. My dad is Indian, and over there they tend to encourage kids to stay at home longer and not be pressured into growing up so fast. He wanted me to have the same experience as he did. Although my mother was Aussie, she agreed with this wholeheartedly and the three of us were really close.

I'm soooo not ready to leave home yet, there are too many benefits here!