• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants just how bad is meth?

Well I already drink both green tea and white tea by the gallon... but I do that because I like their taste and they have no calories.

And yes I have tried ephedrine... but I didn't really get anything from it.

Does this proven brain damage happen regardless of method and quantity of ingestion?

I don't have an addictive personality and don't do my main drug (hydrocodone) more than once a week (and weed once a week, and mdma every three months). I don't smoke and rarely drink alcohol.

I am curious about trying meth and if I like it maybe doing it occasionally, say once every few months or so and at a moderate dose with no redosing.

Will this type of usage also cause brain damage? or does that only happen when there is frequent usage and/or high dosages?

If you want to lose weight, eat less and move more. If you want to get speedy, a little meth in moderation will do the trick.

If you want to lose weight, eat less and move more. If you want to get speedy, a little meth in moderation will do the trick.

Meth in moderation is a bit of an oxymoron. From my own experience and the experiences of others I know, it's incredibly difficult to keep meth use under control if you use it regularly. My unsolicited advice: if you wanna lose weight, eat less, and move more, do it a safer way.

^^^^ You might have an addictive personality, but you can't speak for everyone..... :)

Meth in moderation is a bit of an oxymoron. From my own experience and the experiences of others I know, it's incredibly difficult to keep meth use under control if you use it regularly. My unsolicited advice: if you wanna lose weight, eat less, and move more, do it a safer way.

Some people know to not take it much because of the horrid comedown and negative effects. I know for me if I ever tried it I would be one of those people, guaranteed. Having said that, I will never try meth : p

^^^^ You might have an addictive personality, but you can't speak for everyone..... :)

Like I said, I'm speaking from my own experiences - and the experiences of many other meth addicts I know.

Like I said, I'm speaking from my own experiences - and the experiences of many other meth addicts I know.

P makes a good point, but obviously not everyone will develop an addiction to meth.

Even for people who don't like stimulants/amps and don't use them much, meth can become quickly habit forming.

Overall there are people who can use it responsibly, but that's how it always starts out.

Meth is an easy trap to fall into because the comedown lasts so long and you want to get high OR go to sleep to make that comedown feeling go away....And then you just dont feel energetic enough without it when you are sleep deprived and havnt been eating right.

Chemical dependence like heroin doesnt happen as quickly, but it can.....but its still pretty habit forming and can be right from the get go.

For me amphetamines and acid or mescaline feels better than pure MDMA and lasts way longer.....I havnt done that in about a decade though, unless I had a pill that was cut with it.

In my experience it goes like this:

You first try meth and are absolutely amazed at how good it feels. You have no chemical dependance, but why wouldn't you try something that makes you feel this good again, just occasionally.

You integrate it it into your life and soon your body learns that nothing gives you more dopamine than this lovely chemical. Over some period of time that depends entirely on how often you use, the incredibly good feelings don't happen unless you up the dose and increase your body's dependence and tolerance.

Continued use over time causes down-regulation of the dopamine receptors in your brain (it repairs less and less of the damaged receptors) and then eventually, due to the increased doses and/or frequency of your use, it no longer feels as good and depletes most of your available dopamine with each use. Your brain now convinces you that you need meth, not because you need to feel good, but because your dopamine levels are depleted and meth is the easiest and fastest way to restore the balance.

It's a subtle shift over time but now you're addicted.

You are most susceptible to continued use if you use frequently, but if you allow your dopamine receptors to recover periodically, your brain will crave it less as your dopamine levels recover and you are better able to use your willpower to restrain your use. You'll never stop craving it because the memory of those incredible first few times will never fade, but you can beat it. Though it will always be like the most incredible lover you ever met slipped away.....

Stimulant use is objectively not good physically or mentally for anyone in excess.. but that being said there are worse substances.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if the worst aspects of stimulant abuse are the mental consequences. I feel rather different internally lately from adderall alone but there's so many other potential factors at play to that. Regardless with meth everyone can expect to lose *something.* If you can use it once in a blue moon perhaps not. However very few realistically can do that with the powerful drugs like meth or heroin. So if anyone is interested in trying meth its safe to expect that you might one day lose control than to assume that you will use it once or twice and leave it at that. The arrogance of that assumption is commonplace and I understand it personally but with meth or heroin too many addicts are created from that philosophy. Too many think they can handle meth use and realistically very few can.

i hear meth is good not bad
Meth is a miracle molecule. The abuse of it is a terrible thing. It can shorten your lifespan in many ways not to mention you're mental and emotional health. But in therapeutic dosages it can work miracles for some people. The difference between light and darkness. It's potential for abuse is high for that reason though. It's a powerful thing and power corrupts. Especially amongst the poor and mentally ill segment of society. People with underlying emotional issues can be hard to control. Amphetamine psychosis is pure insanity if operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery.

Meth is a miracle molecule. The abuse of it is a terrible thing. It can shorten your lifespan in many ways not to mention you're mental and emotional health. But in therapeutic dosages it can work miracles for some people. The difference between light and darkness. It's potential for abuse is high for that reason though. It's a powerful thing and power corrupts. Especially amongst the poor and mentally ill segment of society. People with underlying emotional issues can be hard to control. Amphetamine psychosis is pure insanity if operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery.

Welcome to Bluelight. Interesting first post. We’ve had a few people proclaim the medicinal benefits of meth in small doses before. Frequently we have then witnessed them slide into all kinds of trouble including homelessness, psychosis, and interaction with the criminal justice system. Not everyone, but certainly a number who sincerely believed they could do ‘just a little’ to enhance their productivity as if meth was a benign nootropic.

In medicine it is barely used and when it is, say for ADHD, if is the treatment of last resort after everything else has failed. There are studies that suggest it may be helpful in traumatic brain injuries but most studies that point to the potential of any substantive benefits are animal studies that don’t address the social fallout of meth use. So I would respectfully suggest that calling it a ‘miracle molecule’ is a bit hyperbolic. And I’m a (hopefully former) meth user myself.

Well, it's prescribed in pharmaceutical form (Desoxyn) to children as young as 7 for ADHD. Almost makes you think there's something wrong with current drug laws...

Well, it's prescribed in pharmaceutical form (Desoxyn) to children as young as 7 for ADHD. Almost makes you think there's something wrong with current drug laws...
Yes. But only in rare cases where all other approaches have failed and with the caveat that it should be discontinued at first sign of tolerance. About 16,000 scripts a year for the USA which is insignificant compared to Adderall and other ADHD meds.

meth at a recreational level is an artificial, superficial reality. They way you behave, interact, and people you associate with are shit and selfish. Most do Meth because they don't or cannot think for themselves; Meth takes over, does all the thinking for you, becomes your sole drive and you end up inhibited, withdrawn and delusional. And that's just the nice stuff at the beginning.

Meth - really is bad.