• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is there good in evil?

You believe such idiocy?

Do you also believe in the Medusa? If not, why not?

One is just as likely to exist as the other, if one is to believe in supernatural stupid thinking.

Regards
DL
Actually, no. I was just quoting scripture. Maybe I assumed too soon that gnosticism embraced the Old Testament while dismissing much of the New Testament

As for me I don't know what a deity will do in my presence. Hopefully spare me and not murder me for their own pleasure, although I might welcome that since there's nothing I could do. It'd be an absurd situation

Actually, no. I was just quoting scripture. Maybe I assumed too soon that gnosticism embraced the Old Testament while dismissing much of the New Testament

As for me I don't know what a deity will do in my presence. Hopefully spare me and not murder me for their own pleasure, although I might welcome that since there's nothing I could do. It'd be an absurd situation

As a Gnostic Christian, I value the whole bible.

It teaches what is good and what is evil. One must just want to know the difference.

I see the evil while Christians are blind to it and that is why they adore a genocidal moral monster of a god.

Regards
DL

As a Gnostic Christian, I value the whole bible.

It teaches what is good and what is evil. One must just want to know the difference.

I see the evil while Christians are blind to it and that is why they adore a genocidal moral monster of a god.

Regards
DL
Ah ok, thanks for the answer. I genuinely didn't know about that. I get confused when you refer to a genocidal deity though. Do you mean Hashem (the Creator) or Yahweh, or both?

In my mind, if God the creator is genocidal it makes no difference since we mortals couldn't judge Him. Unless we could assume to know more than God or Yahweh, assuming the latter existed at least in spirit form. Looking at it another way, we know more about being human than God does. But if Yahweh is assumed to be a resurrected spirit from a human corpse, it still doesn't seem to matter since we're just comparing humans by using a moral compass like a divining rod

Ah ok, thanks for the answer. I genuinely didn't know about that. I get confused when you refer to a genocidal deity though. Do you mean Hashem (the Creator) or Yahweh, or both?

In my mind, if God the creator is genocidal it makes no difference since we mortals couldn't judge Him. Unless we could assume to know more than God or Yahweh, assuming the latter existed at least in spirit form. Looking at it another way, we know more about being human than God does. But if Yahweh is assumed to be a resurrected spirit from a human corpse, it still doesn't seem to matter since we're just comparing humans by using a moral compass like a divining rod

Morals are not hit and miss.

I refer to the only creator that the bible posits. Yahweh. Call him whatever you like as Jews had quite a few names for Yahweh.

I do not understand why you think you could not judge a god written up as a genocidal prick as a genocidal prick.

It is the easiest thing in the world.

There is no possible justification for a god who can cure all things to kill instead of cure.

If you think otherwise, name it.

Regards
DL

I refer to the only creator that the bible posits. Yahweh. Call him whatever you like as Jews had quite a few names for Yahweh.

I do not understand why you think you could not judge a god written up as a genocidal prick as a genocidal prick.

There is no possible justification for a god who can cure all things to kill instead of cure.

Regards
DL
I don't make any judgement at all. I just wondered what you thought

What do you mean by hit or miss? It seems like you're inferring that a deity like God could be hit or miss with judgement and actions. Is that untrue?

YHWH is what Messianic Jews (Jewish Christians) call the Holy Ghost/Spirit/Christ; specifically the reborn Yeshua/Jesus. I guess he's supposed to relate to living humans, but I personally never cared enough to figure that out. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you have a take on this I haven't read

As for me, I wouldn't attempt to figure out a god or in this case, God of the Biblical Hebrews. It seems counter-intuitive in my mind. Also, if I believed in such a figure I'd be afraid beyond reason, I think. That doesn't make me right, however so obviously you know things that I don't and I find that interesting

I don't make any judgement at all.

You cannot help but judge constantly. That is why scriptures urge us to do. Judge and correct out of love.

What do you mean by hit or miss?

Things like if you think Yahweh is a good god, you have missed the mark.

I guess he's supposed to relate to living humans, but I personally never cared enough to figure that out.

In Gnostic Christianity Jesus gets personal as hell.

In the less enlightened Christianity of today, he does not. He is just an idol, in spite of Jesus warning against idol worship.

Check your P. M.

As for me, I wouldn't attempt to figure out a god or in this case, God of the Biblical Hebrews. It seems counter-intuitive in my mind. Also, if I believed in such a figure I'd be afraid beyond reason, I think. That doesn't make me right, however so obviously you know things that I don't and I find that interesting

Thank you and do not fear Gnosis and knowing the only god you can or should ever recognize is you.

To think otherwise is to give up your fittest position, both physically and spiritually.

As in Jesus' case, god is moved from the judgement seat and replaced by a man/human.

As it should be.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Because god himself is incapable of creating anything without duality, in order to show love one must also be able to show hate.

I do think love, hate, good and bad are all part of something I would say is overall good, as something is better than nothing in my view. And the universe is just that the way I see it sort of like an experiment of thought, and to have a bad thought is better than no thoughts

Because god himself is incapable of creating anything without duality, in order to show love one must also be able to show hate.

I do think love, hate, good and bad are all part of something I would say is overall good, as something is better than nothing in my view. And the universe is just that the way I see it sort of like an experiment of thought, and to have a bad thought is better than no thoughts

Insightful, and a good way to explain why sages and Jesus said to not idol worship in any way, not even themselves, because all gods we create have evil sides, just like we do.

And what does Jesus end with? A bunch of immoral idol worshipers.

Yahweh shows a lot more hate than love, somehow.

Oh well. He will end in hell.

Regards
DL