Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is there good in evil?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter
Is there good in evil?

Scriptures tell us that god created everything good and evil for his pleasure.

If we are to emulate holy thinking as scriptures say we should, we must try to see the good in evil.

Think of an evil thing, anecdotes are interesting when short. --- and let us see if we can see the good in it.

As a Gnostic Christian, who uses logos more than mythos, and being dualistic, I can usually fathom both sides.

God seems to think there is good in the evil he sends us as it gives him pleasure. That is scripture.

Let us find the pleasure in the pain.

Your insight may give us a key to understanding.

Regards

DL

All spirits are on the path of divine perfection. What kind of perfection is that? The perfection that allows them to reunite with God. There is no greater unity. Until that point, it is a constant path of refinement. Endless incarnations on many different worlds, and many times spent in the spirit world to process wisdom and information. Refinement and perfection come from the process of trials and expiations... trials that are designed by the incarnating spirit, or perhaps higher level spirits that are envoys of God, or by God itself.

So-called evil spirits are still on the path of perfection, but they have made much less progress than, say humans. They revel in tempting higher level entities like humans into committing acts which will cause them to have to suffer an expiation later on. There is no such thing as falling back. Once you achieve a certain level you can only stagnate there, or go higher. You can't devolve. So evil spirits try to lure whomever they can into dwelling with them because they are capricious and jealous. However, they too will eventually perfect themselves, even if it takes millions of years.

Also, it's difficult for anyone to judge what is truly good or evil. A person born into a band of murderers has an enormous challenge to not become violent themselves. If they succeed, they may evolve greatly. The murderers around them may be fellow spirits incarnated to help them in their challenge of perfection. So a human can't really judge what is good or evil because appearances don't tell us what a spirit's actual path are. Only other spirits and God can know that.

All spirits are on the path of divine perfection. What kind of perfection is that? The perfection that allows them to reunite with God. There is no greater unity. Until that point, it is a constant path of refinement. Endless incarnations on many different worlds, and many times spent in the spirit world to process wisdom and information. Refinement and perfection come from the process of trials and expiations... trials that are designed by the incarnating spirit, or perhaps higher level spirits that are envoys of God, or by God itself.

So-called evil spirits are still on the path of perfection, but they have made much less progress than, say humans. They revel in tempting higher level entities like humans into committing acts which will cause them to have to suffer an expiation later on. There is no such thing as falling back. Once you achieve a certain level you can only stagnate there, or go higher. You can't devolve. So evil spirits try to lure whomever they can into dwelling with them because they are capricious and jealous. However, they too will eventually perfect themselves, even if it takes millions of years.

Also, it's difficult for anyone to judge what is truly good or evil. A person born into a band of murderers has an enormous challenge to not become violent themselves. If they succeed, they may evolve greatly. The murderers around them may be fellow spirits incarnated to help them in their challenge of perfection. So a human can't really judge what is good or evil because appearances don't tell us what a spirit's actual path are. Only other spirits and God can know that.

So only other spirits know what you say you know of the spirit world.

How can anyone confirm so much supernatural stuff?

How can you?

Regards
DL

Good or evil is contained in the intention of an action. There can be no written code.

When you take any action you are already judging for yourself. No other person can ever know what is good or evil in your eyes in the moment of that action. You are the judge of evil and good within yourself beyond that it all melts as you expand the story.

Good is always the first response..

Some could call evil "slow".

So perhaps evil intentions are just ignorant?

Good or evil is contained in the intention of an action. There can be no written code.

When you take any action you are already judging for yourself. No other person can ever know what is good or evil in your eyes in the moment of that action. You are the judge of evil and good within yourself beyond that it all melts as you expand the story.

Well put, but I think there might be the odd objective moral standard that can be thought of.

For instance. Can you show where, --- the good of the many outweighs the good of the few,--- does not apply.

That seems to be an objective moral tenet.

Regards
DL

Good is always the first response..

Some could call evil "slow".

So perhaps evil intentions are just ignorant?

Not when someone is coming at you with evil intent.

Only a fool would return with kindness.

Few today have used fisticuffs.

Regards
DL

In my humble experience, it depends. Good or pure energy is contained in certain dimensions while evil energy operates at lower wavelengths, like brown noise. I think white noise possibly contains infinite wisdom or a place unbound by time

Is there good in evil?

Scriptures tell us that god created everything good and evil for his pleasure.

If we are to emulate holy thinking as scriptures say we should, we must try to see the good in evil.

Think of an evil thing, anecdotes are interesting when short. --- and let us see if we can see the good in it.

As a Gnostic Christian, who uses logos more than mythos, and being dualistic, I can usually fathom both sides.

God seems to think there is good in the evil he sends us as it gives him pleasure. That is scripture.

Let us find the pleasure in the pain.

Your insight may give us a key to understanding.

Regards

DL

First of all, what is good, and what is evil? Good and Evil are silly words. They are silly because they are not clear, they are not distinct. There are so many different interpretations of what "good" means, or what "evil" means.

Good and evil are human conceptions. They really don't serve any purpose outside of human affairs. A tiger doesn't have "good" and "bad" actions. The sun or moon doesn't have "Good" or "bad" days. They really are silly terms.

My guess is they are frequencies or phenomena that operate on those frequencies. But you're right, that's just a human's take on it

The same way you do of course.

Is there another way?

I see you did not like my question. Good.

Regards
DL

Your question directed at me was actually irrelevant. You're asking if there's "good in evil", I'm asking you how you know what good and evil actually are?

Since you didn't provide that, I provided my worldview on good and evil. Then you scrutinized it, again without providing your own worldview.

So... what is your worldview on determining good and evil?

Clearly we don't have the same methods.

In my humble experience, it depends. Good or pure energy is contained in certain dimensions while evil energy operates at lower wavelengths, like brown noise. I think white noise possibly contains infinite wisdom or a place unbound by time

The mental picture you generate with your last, I enjoyed, as I know how to apply it to my way of thinking. Not so with much of what I read.

You try to separate Yin and Yang by giving them different wave lengths.

That is an impossibility to prove if I read reality right.

Regards
DL

First of all, what is good, and what is evil? Good and Evil are silly words. They are silly because they are not clear, they are not distinct. There are so many different interpretations of what "good" means, or what "evil" means.

Good and evil are human conceptions. They really don't serve any purpose outside of human affairs. A tiger doesn't have "good" and "bad" actions. The sun or moon doesn't have "Good" or "bad" days. They really are silly terms.

All correct.

As to the definitions you seek, use whatever you prefer and I am sure I will be able to work with it.

That is what we esoteric ecumenists do.

You likely know that most of us begin our moral thinking with some kind of reciprocity rule.

If you are not into S & M, we think alike.

Regards
DL

Your question directed at me was actually irrelevant. You're asking if there's "good in evil", I'm asking you how you know what good and evil actually are?

Since you didn't provide that, I provided my worldview on good and evil. Then you scrutinized it, again without providing your own worldview.

So... what is your worldview on determining good and evil?

Clearly we don't have the same methods.

Wrong as well as wordy.

Read my last post.

As to my world view method of determining the good or evil of a thing; it is to analyze the harm or care it provides for the majority.

In reciprocity rules, that is what I would seek, and if you do not, --- ???

This is Socratic dualistic thinking. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Yahweh thinks the opposite but then he's a loser.

Regards
DL

All correct.

As to the definitions you seek, use whatever you prefer and I am sure I will be able to work with it.

That is what we esoteric ecumenists do.

You likely know that most of us begin our moral thinking with some kind of reciprocity rule.

If you are not into S & M, we think alike.

Regards
DL

So, since good and evil are relative terms, I will start with MY understanding of the terms. To me, that which is "good" is that which flows, that which works, that which is in harmony. That which is "evil" is that which produces rotten fruit, disharmony, that which is the opposite of the "best path".

Now, in a very subjective sense, good and evil DO exist....because as a human, if I go and murder my next door neighbor, that is evil. Why is it evil? Because I have cut down someone's life in the physical form, robbing them of their freedom to live accordingly. I have unnaturally taken a life, before its time. I have plucked a fruit before it was ripe, so to speak. That would be considered relatively evil, to my subjective self.

However, in the GRAND SCHEME of things, evil is merely the other side of good. In a reality where anything is possible, you have spectrums. Light has a spectrum. Sound has a spectrum. Physical reality has a spectrum. Good and Evil can be seen as existing on a spectrum of free will, in a universe of conscious beings.

Since we have free will - we can either do an action that is harmful, or an action that is beneficial. In order for free will to exist, both options must be available. What I am trying to convey, is that evil is merely the opposite end of the spectrum of free will from good.

Ultimately, there is no good or evil. There is the One Source of all Things, and from that source emanates an infinite fractal matrix of oscillating dimensions of light and energy. When you look at a painting or a work of art, can you point out which parts of the artwork are evil, and which are good? No. You simply see the work of art as it is.

Cant have good without evil so therefore it must be good? Evil is merely there to show us the good, its why after years of suffering a small bit of real joy makes it all worth it