View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Info on angel's trumpet please -MERGED

Frustrated

Bluelighter
I have just picked up about 100 packaged seeds of these, and as I research elswehere have a few questions I hope you can help out with

-Does the Angel's Trumpet variety contain the active ingredient? To the same degree?
-What is the average dose, in seeds/grams?
-What is an incredibly small dose which would most likely induce a trip, in seeds/grams?
-Reports cite to 10 hours of inense visuals, then 2-3 days of delerium. Is the horror in any way avoidable at the smallest of doses?
-Do I have to prep the seeds in any way for consumption, or are they ready to go?

Thanks

Oh... and can the delerium be subdued by combination of substances? ie.) opiates

I've never done datura but i have seen the effects on a few freinds (I was not as stupid as to take datura) basically they lost there minds, one guy took his clothes off and did this crazy sorta dance around the room naked while talking complete rubbish about all sorts of random shit

Datura takes ages to kick in, normally a few hours and you don't even know you are trippin, the visions are so crazy you think the shit is real and try to interact with the visions. Jim Morrison of The doors did datura and he said it was the strongest thing he had ever done, keep in mind thats from a guy who would do up to 1000mg of acid.

your best bet for the answer to you questions is the datura vault on www.erowid.org

Datura ain't something to be messed with, but on the other hand you aint gonna get a trip like you do from angels trumpets any where else.

Good luck your gonna need it;)

I can't even find doasage levels on erowid. A few ingestion methods are offered, and it says straight eating the seeds can be fatal?

Frustrated said:
I can't even find doasage levels on erowid. A few ingestion methods are offered, and it says straight eating the seeds can be fatal?
The reason there aint a "dose level" is because it changes from plant to plant, the best way is to eat the crushed seeds and yes you can die but its quite rare, chances are you will be running through the streets butt naked shouting stuff about your great grandfather asking you if you want a cup of coffee or something else along those lines.

The best report i read on erowid involved a guy on datura who was arrested by the police for being naked running through the neighbourhood shouting at people he was The Terminator=D

Good luck and make sure you post a trip report when you have done it....;)

HEHEHE

No way I'm touching it until I watch my eager friends do so first. Don't know even a ballpark figure on what to give each one of them though - and obviously can't be feeding my mates death ;)

I have 100 Angel Trumpet seeds - weighing in at about 5 grams. Anyone have an idea of what to dose?

If you are serious about working with this plant you need to start real low & work up on seperate occaissions.
Although death is extremely rare datura is real powerful - I hope you & your mates have really educated yourselves about this one before you decide to go ahead.

i have met with lady Dartura twice...and I would research as much as possible before taking. You can read what happened to others..I am not going to say you shouldn't take them...because I did and I feel that if I didn't I wouldn't look at things today in the same way without that experence.
Just make sure you have at least 2 people who know how to take care of somebody when they are out of it.....Be Safe Trip Hard...

Oh you cannot use opiates to drowned it out..if your eating the seeds I would only eat one or two...feel how it comes on..I don't know how many will set you off but you don't want to take too much.I took the flowers and made tea with them. if you do this I would advise only on shot..and after taking your dose, what ever the amount don't second guess and add more..if in a few hours you don't feel anything I would wait for another day. You don't want to compound the chem in your body,,and with the waiting and anticapation(sp?)you will be worked up..have a extra bad time...
And as for the 2-3 days after...I didn't get that. I could tell I didn't feel right, but I was ok, I went to work and all. It feels like you took somthing and your kinda "hung-overish" for the next few days..Be Safe keep us informed

Chicken

Jah People said:
I've never done datura but i have seen the effects on a few freinds (I was not as stupid as to take datura) basically they lost there minds, one guy took his clothes off and did this crazy sorta dance around the room naked while talking complete rubbish about all sorts of random shit

Datura takes ages to kick in, normally a few hours and you don't even know you are trippin, the visions are so crazy you think the shit is real and try to interact with the visions. Jim Morrison of The doors did datura and he said it was the strongest thing he had ever done, keep in mind thats from a guy who would do up to 1000mg of acid.

your best bet for the answer to you questions is the datura vault on www.erowid.org

Datura ain't something to be messed with, but on the other hand you aint gonna get a trip like you do from angels trumpets any where else.

Good luck your gonna need it;)

Dont post if you dont know what your talking about. Don't imply people are stupid because they try datura but you wont. It doens't take a few hours to kick. WIthin 10min of consuming it you will feel very stoned and your legs will be like lead. Then after about an hour of this (sometimes LESS) you'll get the crazy visuals, far mare intense visualy than acid, but not at all intense in the head and theres no paranoi like with acid. After a couple hours the visuals fade somewhat, but not completely and you go into the delerium for anything from a couple hours to a few days depending on your dosage of course. Worth noting is that it EXTREMELY easy to sleep on datura as the trip is just like dreaming anyway. So if your not liking it, try and get some sleep. I cant stress enough the the importance of a sitter (sober person) make sure someone is watching you at all times and you should be right. There is no dose which will induce the crazy visuals but not give you the delerium. As the crazy visuals come at higher doses whilst the delerium comes at almost any dose. I dont know the exact amount of seeds you'll need, because i always use plant material. But i can tell you, start low, wait 1hour, if after an hour you haven't felt anything then eat some more. WHat you should feel if your dosed right: Your vision will go very blury within an hour and you wont be able to read print like this anymore. Your legs will be real heavy. You'll be quite tired for a while. If none of these symptons are apparent after 1hour, its fairly safe to assume you need some more. Sometimes you wont get any visuals but your vision will be a bit blury and your memory wont be great and your legs feel a *little* funny, especially when going from sitting down to standing up. THis indicates a light dose and is a good starting point. On a dose like this you'll get : Blury vision, slight giggles, short-term memory loss, occasional audio/visual halucination and a sort of "stoned" feeling. Also, try not to smoke pot before hand, i always have though, with no bad effects, but a lopt of people tend to crash out if they're been smoking pot and miss the whole experience !

1 more thing, if you can get some plant material, doses are as follows:
Brew up about 8trumpets and maybe 30 leaves into about two litres of water. Boil that down to a dark liquid of maybe 500ml-1ltr.
First time i drank from a similar brew i had about 5 shot glasses. This induced a very MILD delirium for a few hours. With slightly blury vision and no real halucinations. THe next day i was fine other than a mild 'film' over my sight.
The heaviest dose i took was sculling 1litre of a similar brew whilst under the influence of mushrooms/ecstacy/pot/speed. I dont know how much the other substances effected my trip. But tripped EXTREMELY hard for about 3 days. With full-on halucinations and visuals and everything. For about a week afterwords i couldn't see properly and spoke a lot of shit and virtually had no short-term memory. ( I even forgot to go to a good mates B'day party after speaking to him on the phone that day) This was about 1 year ago and i must say im not sure if im really the same since, but alls good now anyway.
I'd recommend (not for a beginner) but once your familar with it and keen to try a real trip. I'd recommend *sculling* about 500ml of a rather dark tea (similar to one described above). I find it very important to drink everything your going to take in the shortest amount of time possible. If you *sip* your tea over half hour, its not likely to do half as much as sculling it. COmpare it to say sculling a couple beers, and drinking a couple beers over a couple hours... it really is a different experience now.

Sculling?

I've found that eating even one ground up seed had mild dissociative effects on me.

Two seeds, and the dissociative effects were very present and undeniable. I smoked weed, did Qi Gong in the backyard, and felt strong like one of those guys from Dragon-Ball Z.

With three seeds, there was an intensification of the above description, my breathing became a little forced and labored, and there was a disconcerting buzzing feeling at my solar plexus.

I think I might have eaten 4 seeds, but I think it's safe to say I was too scared to go beyond three.

I'm going to guess it's probably safer brewing the stuff, as the heat might burn off any noxious chemical principles.

Whatever anyone says, my golden rule in life is this: DO NOT TAKE DATURA!!!

It can go very very bad, even though there is the chance of a nice experience it is definitely not worth it in my humble oppinion. To each his own, but the bad trips are not only frequent but HORRIFIC. I mean, VERY HORRIFIC. Check out the Erowid experience vaults for confirmation of this well known fact...

Of course it's up to you, but do not do it unless you are prepared to experience some extremely bad shit, and think you can handle it.

--- G.

TheGreenPhantom said:
Sculling?

I've found that eating even one ground up seed had mild dissociative effects on me.

Two seeds, and the dissociative effects were very present and undeniable. I smoked weed, did Qi Gong in the backyard, and felt strong like one of those guys from Dragon-Ball Z.

With three seeds, there was an intensification of the above description, my breathing became a little forced and labored, and there was a disconcerting buzzing feeling at my solar plexus.

I think I might have eaten 4 seeds, but I think it's safe to say I was too scared to go beyond three.

I'm going to guess it's probably safer brewing the stuff, as the heat might burn off any noxious chemical principles.

Sculling = To tilt your head back and pur all the liquid straight down your throat so you can get as much down in the shortest possible time. Normally down with alcohol to increase effects and for a more rapid onset.

With heating from what I've heard boiling all the plant materia/crushed seeds then only drinking the liquid and throwing away the actually material does get rid of most of the poison and leave you with the drugs. Im not sure on the credibility of this but i have taken quite large doses of Angels Trumpet ( as above) and never had any negative effects so to speak. Like i never felt sick, had a headach, comedown... nothing like that. ALways quite euphoric I found. Didn't feel at all like i was being poisoned as some would have you believe.

TWO seeds? F*cking christ guys, I had been told TWO HUNDRED and just gave someone 25 as a low dose to experiment with on the weekend

F*CK you have to be kidding - TWO??? I have to make some phone calls

Jah People said:

I dont care what you heard... Jim Morrison didnt do 1000mg of acid...the LD50 (Lethal Dose) of acid aka. LSD aka. d-lysergic acid diethylamide is 12,000 ug which is 12mg and many many times a very strong regular dose....1000mg or 1,000,000 micrograms is approximately 4000 times a usual "strong" dosage and absurdly ludicrous for anyone to even contemplate doing....it would kill you instantly

terayon said:
I dont care what you heard... Jim Morrison didnt do 1000mg of acid...the LD50 (Lethal Dose) of acid aka. LSD aka. d-lysergic acid diethylamide is 12,000 ug which is 12mg and many many times a very strong regular dose....1000mg or 1,000,000 micrograms is approximately 4000 times a usual "strong" dosage and absurdly ludicrous for anyone to even contemplate doing....it would kill you instantly

and i don't care what you heard, but eating a gram of lsd is not going to kill you. no chance. you might be reborn or enter a fantasy land for the rest of your life, but it won't kill you, unless you do.....

still, i wouldn't do it. maybe 1000mics, but not 1000mgs....

If I am reading the following correctly, the human LD 50 is much higher than 14 mg. It is anywhere from 700 micrograms/KG to 2857 micrograms/KG.

From...

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_data_sheet.shtml

"LYSERGIC ACID DIETHYLAMIDE:
700 NG/KG ORAL-HUMAN TDLO; 2857 NG/KG ORAL-HUMAN TDLO; 857 NG/KG ORAL-HUMAN
TDLO; 750 NG/KG INTRAMUSCULAR-HUMAN TDLO; 16 MG/KG INTRAVENOUS-RAT LD50;
50 MG/KG INTRAPERITONEAL-MOUSE LD50; 46 MG/KG INTRAVENOUS-MOUSE LD50; 300
UG/KG INTRAVENOUS-RABBIT LD50; 16 MG/KG SUBCUTANEOUS-GUINEA PIG LD50;
1800 UG/KG ORAL-WILD BIRD LD50; MUTAGENIC EFFECTS DATA (RTECS); REPRODUCTIVE
EFFECTS DATA (RTECS).
CARCINOGEN STATUS: NONE.
LYSERGIC ACID DIETHYLAMIDE IS TOXIC PARENTERALLY. POISONING DUE TO
PSYCHOTOMIMETIC AGENTS MAY AFFECT THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. PERSONS WITH
EMOTIONAL DISTURBANCES OR ORGANIC BRAIN DISEASE MAY BE AT INCREASED RISK
FROM EXPOSURE. CROSS TOLERENCE BETWEEN DIFFERENT PSYCHOTOMIMETIC AGENTS MAY
OCCUR. INTERACTIONS WITH MEDICATIONS HAVE BEEN REPORTED."

terayon said:
Hmmm is it your PMT that made you all bitchy or you just got out the wrong side of the bed this morning?...

Just thought I'd say...If you want a less disassociated trip from datura, I would suggest doing a bit of goey with it. I find with speed, it seems to keep you alert enough to realise you are still tripping. Only problem is that the visuals won't be as strong, but probably for the better....