• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Info on angel's trumpet please -MERGED

Yeah, I completely agree. Educating people about any drug is very important.

I just flushed my "stash" down the toilet... respect its potential use or not, I'm not getting into that shit :)

it is impossible to predict the dosages in the shit... the amount of atropine/scopalomine differ as an erowid report says, "from leaf to leaf, season to season, location to location" seed to seed probably for that matter. This could show why you are having trouble finding dosages. This is one of the reasons the shit is so dangerous, you cannot be sure if you are taking a megadose or next to nothing. Be VERY careful with it.

ah. nm i see you have adjusted your outlook. sounds like a good idea to me.

man Im in total agreement with bbbccc you guys need to have more respect for people who chose to use substances you don't happen to like...whoever said something along the lines of "anyone who tries to use datura poisining as a recreational experience is retarded" needs to learn some fucking respect, you wouldn't say that shit to this guy in real life so dont try to be a tough guy online, alright? Plenty of people have done datura and survivied, and like bbbccc said, just because it has no recreational value doesn't mean it's void of shamanistic merit...just ask the shamans in mexico and a multitiude of other countries who have been using datura for spiritual purposes for quite a long time

I can imagine that the reassimilation of reality from a datura trip could be problematic...since at what point do you realize that it has ended, if during the trip itself you are unaware that you are tripping?

After reading many of the so called trip reports about datura, I find myself wondering how many are actually true. Maybe all of them, who knows. And I am no one to level accusations.

But the fact is, a lot of people don't understand some things about drugs and then they go and describe something that just sounds not quite right to some of us.

Case in point: LSD in high doses. People talk about 1000 mics like it is some sort of mystical difference. Well, it isn't. I tripped harder on 700 mics than I did on 1500, but the larger dose lasted a bit longer. I will admit that 700-800 mics seems to be some sort of max out threshold, at least for me, because beyond that there is only more body problems, and the effects last longer but are not significantly different, even at double the dose.

Any way you look at it, though, with LSD, shrooms, whatever hallucinogenic drug you take, there is always some sense of having taken a drug. Of course, once you trip that you die that stops being a factor, but even then there is a recollection of sorts involving one's state of sobriety, or in some cases, state of living as opposed to the state of having died. Perhaps this is the case only with me, but I have taken what are generally considered to be large doses of hallucinogens, and I have never once lost sight of the action of having done so, even if I had tripped some very bizzare consequences or interpretations of that act.

What I am trying to say is that with a deleriant, the actual congnitive process is damaged. There is simply madness. How can one be assimilating an experience if one is completely unaware of themselves in ANY sense whatsoever? From what I can gather about deleriants, when taken in a sufficient dose they simply render one unable to distinguish themselves from their own creations, and on top of that there seems to be a disassociation of recollection, resulting in nothing but insanity.

Maybe I am wrong about this. I have tripped that I was insane God knows how many times (haven't we all!) but there was the conscious observation of that fact. Surely the combination of madness, coupled with the inability to consider one's self, is true insanity.

Even the ego loss is not a loss of awareness. It is in fact the exact opposite. It is the conscious knowledge that in losing everything, we gain insight into our natures, and in that state, beyond the fear, the euphoria, the pain,the mad laughter, the death trip, and the mourning, there is still an awareness of self. but it is, we find, a selfless self...one not interested in gain, but just content to BE. This, to me, is not madness. Sure, in those moments one is not contemplating the act of having taken acid, or mushrooms, but neither is one unaware of their state of being. In fact, I would argue that it is then when one becomes aware PRECISELY of one's state of being.

So that's why I am hard pressed to find any value in total annihilation of self-awareness. To me, that seems to be the exact opposite of ego death. That seems to be ego enhancement, and death of objective observation. One simply engages themselves in whatever is immediately present, without any realization of consequence or reality.

Lesser experiences on datura, ones that are small doses and seem to resemble trips in some ways...of what value is this? Because if one is seeking a trip, why not take a psychedelic drug and accomplish this with minimal risk? I would say to one considering a delerient, be familiar with ego death. I would recommend some experience with DMT and high dose LSD trips first. As in the 800 mics I mentioned above.

Then, one could contemplate the value of awareness much more thoroughly.

Because once we truly forget ourselves, what is there to guide us?

You can have lucid datura trips as well. but takes a lot of mental energy. Datura is like dreaming. WHen your dreaming you normally dont know your dreaming. But, with practise, you can have lucid dreams where you are fully aware of your dream. Datura is similar. With a lot of focus etc the journey can be a lot more meaningful and spiritual as you make the journey in a lucid state. But, similar to dreaming, a lot of people never give it a second thought and soon as the dream/trip grips them, they forget about everything else and get lost in the moment.

Is Datura trip similar to dreaming in any other way? Like, things that doesnt make sense make perfect sense at the moment (of dreaming) ect.

I find that Dartura is like dreaming becuase you can wake up in a dream...and then oh shit your in a dream you never woke up at all...it was all part of the dream....and with Dartura its the same you slide in and out of a state of know whats going on...but you never know which time that is...but the people are you can tell...I thought I had ants on my arm with sticks that where picketing up and down my arm....then when somebody told me they weren't there I notice they weren't but not a minute later I was talking about my friends the ants telling me with there signs...You just do know that your not sober, and thats what gets people hurt...but with the right research and group of friends, Dartura can be a very helpful and enlightening experence....scary,,but who else can say they have seen what you have ,,,,met the Lady Dartura you know....

Chicken

I think I would like to also add that I think its great...This is the first time since I was on bluelight that a Dartura thread has stayed for more than to or three posts...I believe it is informing ablot of people...not just a glance and what ever,,,,but people might get the idea...not for recreation...for enlightenment...a very scary dark and life altering experence that when your done you know a new way of looking at life and things in general..but without the respect of Lady Datura you will indeed hurt yourself or others..be Safe Trip Hard...

Chicken.. HERE HERE for Psychedelics....I think we reach a new level

Chicken

Cyledehysp said:
Is Datura trip similar to dreaming in any other way? Like, things that doesnt make sense make perfect sense at the moment (of dreaming) ect.

Yep. Its similar in every, because you ARE dreaming. Everything that happens in a dream can happen in a datura trip. You can do the impossible. Once when i was on datura i was flying above my flat. My body, however, was catatonic on my couch. Some people would say my spirit was flying, some would say i was just *fucked up* im not giong to state my opinion though. but i cn assure you its the same as when you fly in a dream.

Point is, datura is exactly like a dream, the only difference is your body might be moving as well (not always the case though, on higher doses you tend to stay immobile and *dream* everything, on lower doses less of the trip is a dream and the majority is reality)

DILATED EYES

I HEARD THAT DATURA MAKES YOUR EYES DILATED FOR A WEEK, IS THAT TRUE, AND DO YOUR EYES FEEL HOT WHEN YOUR ON DATURA>?

I don't remember much of a hot feeling in my eyes...there might have been...but I don't remember a hot or burning feel to my eyes either time ...Sorry maybe it happens to some people...everybody reacts differently to stuff....Be Safe Trip Hard

Chicken

What's the point of doing a drug if you can't even remember what happened while under the influence ?

What a waste of time !

Why don't you eat a bunch of dramamine ?

Stupid stupid STUPID !

Re: DILATED EYES

StarOceanHouse said:
I HEARD THAT DATURA MAKES YOUR EYES DILATED FOR A WEEK, IS THAT TRUE, AND DO YOUR EYES FEEL HOT WHEN YOUR ON DATURA>?

Your eyes stay dilated anything from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on dose and person involved. Your eyes feel normal while tripping, maybe a bit wide-eyed like with mushies. But your vision is blury anything from 2 days to 2 weeks as well.

BlueMind said:
What's the point of doing a drug if you can't even remember what happened while under the influence ?

What a waste of time !

Why don't you eat a bunch of dramamine ?

Stupid stupid STUPID !

A lot of the trip does come back to you eventually, just maybe not the next day. At any rate, you certainly dont forget everything. And i think its more than worth noting that you often dont remember nights on alcohol, E, acid, pretty much any substance. Its just like any other drug, you'll remember something you'll forget others. Some things might come baqck to you the next week, or when your reminded by a friend etc. But don't post stupid comments like this without actually thinking about it. Cause like i said, that happens with anything. ALso, i often don't remeber my dreams, but that doesn't mean i dont like dreaming, I love it. Plus, sometimes i do remember them well, thats a bonus !
Its all about living for the moment not the memories. THe past and future are irrelevant.
Please don't use words like *stupid* in reference to peoples choice in substance use. THis site is about anything but abusing people who use drugs. Please refrain from such comments. If you dont like it. dont take it, dont talk about it, dont fucken PREACH !

Does anybody have first hand experience with smoking Moon flower?

Leaves?
Flowers?
Seeds?
Seed Pods?
Fresh/Dried?

I have been staring at a bunch of these plants everyday, there is NO way I would ingest (oral//tea). I might just try a smoking mixture but I have read about somebody having extremely rapid heartbeats from smoking.

Anyone...just curious?

Assuming its a datura than yep. When i quit smoking pot a while ago I smoked leaves/flowers of Angewls Trumpet every day for about 2months. It has a sort of stoning effect. It makes you tired and relaxed sort of. Good alternative to pot, though its very unresearched as to what its long term effects are. The "high" lasts for about 24 hours off a joint or two. Smoking it in bongs, depending on the part of the plant can result in halucinations etc. A couple times i talked to people who weren't there after smoking many joints, but basicaly, smoking joints of datura is completely different to having a tea. Its just relaxing and makes you have wonderful dreams. Sometimes though, after smoking for many a day straight you start to feel kind of surreal and the memory may get a bit shaky. At any rate, unless you have a weird reaction to the smoke, it should be nothing like having a tea. :)