• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

no, atonement is sought through salvation bestowed by the lord should you confess and accept your penance once sinning is considered guilty - truly, jesus was a prophet, and died for the sin of man, even though all god had to furnish was a genuine living example of a human being whom had been condemned too holy or too haughty for what his life had dictated for him. mind you I never accepted the argument that jesus was god. maybe the prince of peace, certainly not the king of the jews and certainly perhaps christ our saviour. he might have been messianic. but if he completed so many miracles its any wonder there are not more than 4 accounts of his life. don't take it as gospel, but jesus, despite being crucified, rose from the dead.

Last edited:
Yeah Jesus as I understand him was a great man with the right idea about how to be a good person, who was radically preaching against the status quo at the time and trying to give people a personal connection to their spirituality. He was a radical pacifist communist essentially, who was brutally killed by the then-establishment for attempting to disrupt their hold over the people. His movement gained traction after his death until roughly 300 years later it threatened to disrupt Rome's hold over its population, so it was adopted by the state and corrupted into Catholicism for the purpose of social control. The Reformation much later was an attempt to re-establish the original point of his teachings, but of course it was also corrupted. I don't think Jesus the man wanted to be worshipped or have an organized religion formed in his name. He seemed to me to be saying basically that we are all a part of god, and we could have heaven on earth if we just loved all others as our brothers and sisters, and shared our resources to support everyone. His message (even as quoted in the books allowed to be in the Bible, and even moreso in some of the books found that he Catholic church didn't allow in the Bible) is one I very much agree with. I would have loved to be able to meet the guy, he sounded like a special person. It's very tragic what happened.

The Romans rationalized their brutal murder of him later by claiming that his death was part of god's plan and necessary. But really it was murder. It doesn't even make sense that "god" would produce a population who can't help but sin, and send them all to an eternity of suffering for it, and then produce a son with the intention of murdering him brutally to atone for the sins of his creations, when he's fucking god and could literally do anything. It's a fairy tale used to justify the murdering of the spiritual leader of the very people who formed the religion that installed him as the spiritual leader.

Christ is like Job. Obedient unto death faithful all the less. His death and resurrection brought us the New Testament, where we learn of sin and how to overcome the obstacles of our mortal limitations, thus freeing us from our sins. Going to the cross willingly for his beliefs is how you practice spiritualism, submitting to the story wholly. By accepting him as your savior.

Jesus was like Buddha and others through history who came to understand human suffering and try help their fellow people.

THIS 100%

It makes no difference to me if it is Jesus, Siddhārtha Gautama, Kali or Judas Thassaeus as all religious concepts have a message & that is to be blunt "Don't be an idiot or horrible to others"

To quote the might Townes from his song "Lungs"...........
"Jesus was an only son
And love his only concept
Strangers cry in foreign tongues
And dirty up the doorstep"

THIS 100%

It makes no difference to me if it is Jesus, Siddhārtha Gautama, Kali or Judas Thassaeus as all religious concepts have a message & that is to be blunt "Don't be an idiot or horrible to others"

To quote the might Townes from his song "Lungs"...........
"Jesus was an only son
And love his only concept
Strangers cry in foreign tongues
And dirty up the doorstep"

But why is it that all the idiots that follow these people manage to totally misinterpret the message and spend a lifetime persecuting others who don't..?

This is why I hate religion, because it brings out the worst in people.

But why is it that all the idiots that follow these people manage to totally misinterpret the message and spend a lifetime persecuting others who don't..?

This is why I hate religion, because it brings out the worst in people.

Because they are to be blunt fucking dumb & unable to think for some reason.
Take the 99.9% of people this morning going to church all dressed up like they are going to a dinner party, pulling up in their Range Rover & looking forward to singing songs & reading back prayers then having the nerve to think they are saved!!!!
If they really understood the bible they would be going to church in rags & praying all night & day till they cried, look what "Jesus" did to the Jews that were lending money from the temple, he went in there & kicked ass.....yeah Jesus was really pissed off (Go Jesus)

Organized religion of any form is a diease of the mind there to make people behave & fall into line, I highly question if anyone that goes to church has really had an experience when "God" or some higher force comes down to tell them the truth. These cunts never even heard of smoking DMT or Salvia ffs.

Everyone takes the piss outta me for my "faith" & they are welcome to but I know there is a higher power & it sure isn't to be found going to church for 30 mins on a Sunday looking like you are dressed for Royal Ascot & having a smug grin on your face when you walk out.

“The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“The Church right now has more fashion than passion, is more pathetic than prophetic, is more superficial than supernatural.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“The apostles had no gold, but lots of glory. We have lots of gold, but no glory.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

Yeah I like Mr Ravenhill, if he was still alive today his words & preaching would light a huge fire under "religion" & "faith" that would burn the whole rotten thing to the ground.

Because it gives meaning to their boring lives, much like Ned Flanders wife in the simpsons who is always rallying and outraged.

And the joke is funny @ChemicallyEnhanced, but to answer; the opposite is the case, if jesus died for our sins and then we sinned then he would die in vain, because what he tried to do is suffer for us, to take all the sins of the world for us, he literally does this by being hated by the world, persecuted, and tortured--all these are manifestations of our evil side as living being, which in turn is the cause of our suffering. And he endured it all
Most would cry and back out but he almost never did, knowing that to die for us was good (thats how much he loved us).

Even if it is just a myth or story, it still touched on themes which are real. Me personally I believe in Jesus's historicity, but dont in his healings and reviving Lazarus, etc.

Yeah Jesus as I understand him was a great man with he right idea about how to be a good person, who was radically preaching against the status quo at the time and trying to give people a personal connection to their spirituality. He was a radical pacifist communist essentially, who was brutally killed by the then-establishment for attempting to disrupt their hold over the people. His movement gained traction after his death until roughly 300 years later it threatened to disrupt Rome's hold over its population, so it was adopted by the state and corrupted into Catholicism for the purpose of social control. The Reformation much later was an attempt to re-establish the original point of his teachings, but of course it was also corrupted. I don't think Jesus the man wanted to be worshipped or have an organized religion formed in his name. He seemed to me to be saying basically that we are all a part of god, and we could have heaven on earth if we just loved all others as our brothers and sisters, and shared our resources to support everyone. His message (even as quoted in the books allowed to be in the Bible, and even moreso in some of the books found that he Catholic church didn't allow in the Bible) is one I very much agree with. I would have loved to be able to meet the guy, he sounded like a special person. It's very tragic what happened.

The Romans rationalized their brutal murder of him later by claiming that his death was part of god's plan and necessary. But really it was murder. It doesn't even make sense that "god" would produce a population who can't help but sin, and send them all to an eternity of suffering for it, and then produce a son with the intention of murdering him brutally to atone for the sins of his creations, when he';s fucking god and could literally do anything. It's a fairy tale used to justify the murdering of the spiritual leader of the very people who formed the religion that installed him as the spiritual leader.

Excellently summarised, top post, you understand well

Anyway, I'm no fuckin Jesus freak, but I was under the impression that he was 'resurrected' after he 'died' on the cross. Therefore, he didn't really die for anyone's sins did he? So I don't know what all the bloody fuss is about...

Anyway, I'm no fuckin Jesus freak, but I was under the impression that he was 'resurrected' after he 'died' on the cross. Therefore, he didn't really die for anyone's sins did he? So I don't know what all the bloody fuss is about...

He died to give us the Word. The Way to live without sin. Thus, dying (ultimate sacrifice) for our sins. Redeemed by the blood of Christ.