• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

If Jesus died for our sins...

Because they are to be blunt fucking dumb & unable to think for some reason.
Take the 99.9% of people this morning going to church all dressed up like they are going to a dinner party, pulling up in their Range Rover & looking forward to singing songs & reading back prayers then having the nerve to think they are saved!!!!
If they really understood the bible they would be going to church in rags & praying all night & day till they cried, look what "Jesus" did to the Jews that were lending money from the temple, he went in there & kicked ass.....yeah Jesus was really pissed off (Go Jesus)

Organized religion of any form is a diease of the mind there to make people behave & fall into line, I highly question if anyone that goes to church has really had an experience when "God" or some higher force comes down to tell them the truth. These cunts never even heard of smoking DMT or Salvia ffs.

Everyone takes the piss outta me for my "faith" & they are welcome to but I know there is a higher power & it sure isn't to be found going to church for 30 mins on a Sunday looking like you are dressed for Royal Ascot & having a smug grin on your face when you walk out.

“The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“The Church right now has more fashion than passion, is more pathetic than prophetic, is more superficial than supernatural.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

“The apostles had no gold, but lots of glory. We have lots of gold, but no glory.”
― Leonard Ravenhill

Yeah I like Mr Ravenhill, if he was still alive today his words & preaching would light a huge fire under "religion" & "faith" that would burn the whole rotten thing to the ground.

Well said. I'm not against spirituality at all - hell, I've done enough psychedelics to 'know' that there's more to life than is commonly perceived. But religion has hijacked spirituality and turned it into a system of control for the affluent over the poor. In my opinion, the religious need to be freed from the shackles of religion before they can truly find 'enlightenment'...

Last edited:
Agreed, otherwise they just end up parroting a bunch of stuff that is utterly transparently meaningless to everyone else.

Agreed, otherwise they just end up parroting a bunch of stuff that is utterly transparently meaningless to everyone else.

That's why religion is such an effective means of mind control - it attracts the gullible who cannot think for themselves. Unfortunately, that describes a significant proportion of the population. No wonder we are fucked as a species...

personally I love these kind of people, we should actually be jealous and belive me, we should be fuckin jealous, they live there in their own world and everythin pink, bird singins and butterflies spinning the nectar jam around. What most people don't know it's that once upon a time the church used to kill people who belived that there are other planets out there, yas. What we need its a post-apocalyptic event to happen somehow and this soon, If not lets detonate ourselves and thats it.

I think most people DO know that the church used to kill all kinds of people for all kinds of bullshit, and that Jesus' name was used to justify rampant imperialism and decimation of native populations and other cultures in the name of "saving them". However most people either choose to ignore that, or else think that since we don't do that anymore that everything is peachy.

Oblivion, hard word. Sweetie, you are a mod here why don't you imply a new rule?

I think most people DO know that the church used to kill all kinds of people for all kinds of bullshit, and that Jesus' name was used to justify rampant imperialism and decimation of native populations and other cultures in the name of "saving them". However most people either choose to ignore that, or else think that since we don't do that anymore that everything is peachy.
True story. I was at Mass and the priest gave a homily about the Battle of Milvian Bridge, the first time an army bearing the cross took the field. The Christian army defeated a pagan army thereby showing the true power of the cross. Afterwards I wanted to ask the priest about the 30 Years War when Catholic and Protestants slaughtered 8 million people in Europe, but thought I might come across as having a bad attitude. So I just ignored him and consigned it to the bs bin.

It's VERY hard to think of any type of war, hatred or discrimination that is not directly the result of religion.

I remember (my family went to Church for a while because you HAD to go to get into a Catholic school, was in the UK, means any school that isn't VERY rough and shitty) a Priest telling us how Hell was for "the drugs users and the homosexuals and the sexually promiscuous" and being like "Hell. Sounds. FABULOUS" lol.

Oblivion, hard word. Sweetie, you are a mod here why don't you imply a new rule?

Not sure how my status as a moderator of Bluelight gives me special authority to dictate to others how they should choose to believe. I mean, I already suggested another way, it's all I or anyone can do.

you think other are brainwashed but more likley you have a deep negative conditioning, so when we see everything dark we dont see truth in light.

The argument that people died because of christainity to invalidate it makes no sense, because jesus was killed by the same people who later killed in his name. Instead of saying poor dude they killed him for speaking the truth, then spread his truth in order to declare spiritual and racial superiority, ruining his idea, corrupting it, instead we denounce the poor dead guy, as if it was his fault.

Indeed jesus is still persecuted by the darkness in us

Christianity was not the reason of death for most people killed in its name. Think for example school shooters. Guns give them power and possibly more reason, like christianity did for the crazies who killed, but they are the reason they do what they do.
Though if you read bible like you are blind, well then I have to say lol. Get some fucking brain. I believe in "God" and I dont spend time reading bible.
Sooo... Idiotic sentimentality, use you brain, even the shit thats left like me lol

Last edited:
he got crucified because the sin of man was resting on his head, but that's a christian type understanding, despite being the prince of peace and/or miracle worker.