• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Hydromorphone / Dilaudid

"Two famous users of dihydrocodeine were William S. Burroughs, who described it as "twice as strong as codeine and almost as good as heroin" and Hermann Göring, who consumed up to 100 tablets (3 grams) of dihydrocodeine per day and was captured by the Allies with a large quantity of the drug in a suitcase, reportedly more than 20,000 tablets, probably a significant portion of the world supply at the time."

Not that I wouldn't mind trying every Opioid out there though!
I had DHC not long ago for my back and JEEEZ it was nice. I chose not to combine it to get the pure effects and I must say that it's a great pain killer and definitely up there in lushness:cool:
Dihydromorphine would be lush I expect, and can be converted to Hydromorphone

Recently tried dihydromorphine and 6-mono benzoyl dihydromorphine. While they were very euphoric, I think I still prefer heroin and benzoylmorphine. The euphoria was different, less body and more mind. More energizing than their non dihydro counter parts. Similar to Oxycodone but still different.

The part that I didn’t like was the comedown.. They had this weird angry emotional comedown that I wasn’t a fan of, plus I like the fuller body effect of the non-dihydro products. I seem to get much worse comedown/withdrawal from these more synthetic opiates, same with Oxycodone the withdrawal is much worse than the high I get.

All that said, I did like them better than hydromorphone. To be fair I’ve never IV’ed hydromorphone so maybe I don’t know it’s full scope but IMO if a drug can only effectively be taken one ROA then it’s not a great drug to begin with.

Comparing dihydromorphine to hydromorphone nasally, I prefer the former. Hydromorphone felt very bland via this ROA, it was an opiate but kinda middle ground in its euphoria.

Also it’s easier to just make the hydromorphone from morphine than dihydromorphine, thatd be a really round about way to do things.

-GC

Last edited:
Hydromorphone is dihydromorphinone am I correct?

I assumed DHM to HM (oxidation) would be easier than M to HM (hydrogenation and oxidation)

There is a one-step isomerization reaction that shuffles the double bond around, turns codeine -> hydrocodone and morphine -> hydromorphone.
The problem is, it requires fancy catalysts to work, and in many cases is an equilibrium reaction, so your conversion is always incomplete and you must seperate the two!

I've mucked with dihydroheroin (really a mixture of dihydroheroin & 6-acetoxy-dihydromorphine), in my opinion it's pretty damn similar to heroin. Most of the opioid users I gave samples to agreed.

There is a one-step isomerization reaction that shuffles the double bond around, turns codeine -> hydrocodone and morphine -> hydromorphone.
The problem is, it requires fancy catalysts to work, and in many cases is an equilibrium reaction, so your conversion is always incomplete and you must seperate the two!

I've mucked with dihydroheroin (really a mixture of dihydroheroin & 6-acetoxy-dihydromorphine), in my opinion it's pretty damn similar to heroin. Most of the opioid users I gave samples to agreed.

The catalysts used aren’t any fancier than those used for dihydromorphine, it’s nearly identical in synthesis actually besides a few minor change ups.

And I disagree ;)

-GC

The original 1910s patent used platinum black / palladium black, those are not the most cheap reagents around.
Also, the presumably more effective and recent revistation uses, if my memory serves, wacky organo-rhodium complexes.

And I disagree

About what?
Dihydroheroin HBr worked as a potent narcotic, 10-20mg orally would get a naive user feeling nice, duration 6-8 hours. Produces the usual array of opioid effects. You can IV it, IM it, plug it. hell you can smoke it off foil without basing it!
And as I mentioned, long-time opioid users/addicts didn't feel the need to argue when told it was "pure heroin".

The original 1910s patent used platinum black / palladium black, those are not the most cheap reagents around.
Also, the presumably more effective and recent revistation uses, if my memory serves, wacky organo-rhodium complexes.

About what?
Dihydroheroin HBr worked as a potent narcotic, 10-20mg orally would get a naive user feeling nice, duration 6-8 hours. Produces the usual array of opioid effects. You can IV it, IM it, plug it. hell you can smoke it off foil without basing it!
And as I mentioned, long-time opioid users/addicts didn't feel the need to argue when told it was "pure heroin".

Yes and that’s the exact same “not fancy” catalyst used to make dihydromorphine... I guess if your speaking of the more recent synthesis routes to be published I’ll agree rhodium anything is in the fancy category.

I agree with everything you just said, except for the last line. Of course opiate users given free opiates aren’t going to argue.. lol. I’ll continue to say they aren’t identical in effect.

That said if I was using Diacetylmorphine again and ran out, the dihydro version would be runner up for sure. My only complaint about dihydromorphine and esters of, is the opiate anger that seems to rear its head towards the end. I only have gotten this with Oxycodone in the past.

But the differences... The dihydro whether morphine or it’s esters lasts longer than non dihydro counterparts. Has that more stimulating energy like Oxycodone. Also has the chance for anger similar to or worst than Oxycodone. Dosage seems pretty damn similar I’ll agree, maybe a slight bit potency increase.

-GC

Great example... I won’t buy from someone That repeatedly calls their MDMA “molly.” That just makes me cringe.

Yeah cuz we ain't fucking Yanks!

And I have to agree that "b" is the universal British slang for heroin. I'm sure there's regional terms as well but if you ask a dealer for "b" or "brown" they will know what you mean without thinking you're a knob.

"White" is indeed crack as people just call coke... coke.

And you usually get the same dealers selling "white and brown", and those are big "hard drugs" in the UK. Coke is not socially considered a "hard drug" more just a weekend thing for most. But crack is the kinda thing heroin dealers will also be selling to their clientele.

More back on topic... Burroughs did indeed love his DHC, and I can absolutely see why. Fucking lush.

I always thought Burroughs had the worst taste in drugs I've ever heard about - absolutely shit himself on mushrooms and ayahuasca and worshipped shitty speed and opiates.

Anyone over here ever tried it or know anything on it?
I've got someone on my Twitter who lives in Canada & we been chatting for over a year, it's a bit of a long one but I have some coming to me ( the small yellow pill version) & this stuff is a kinda legend in the opiate world BUT I also kinda fear it too for the potency of it.

Any advice / info etc would be great.
Been nearly 30 yrs. You're in for a treat,congrats! Clean rig, crush and back load. hot water. Cleaner than any street you'll find. Borroughs was correct; best thing ever for an IV coke run. 2 4s and out!

I always thought Burroughs had the worst taste in drugs I've ever heard about - absolutely shit himself on mushrooms and ayahuasca and worshipped shitty speed and opiates.

HST is more your man then I take it haha.

I can appreciate both personally but they lend themselves to totally different mindsets usually. Someone who wants to explore their mind on a trip is usually in a whole other place to someone who wants to numb their mind with oxy. At different points in my life I've had love for both families of drugs.

I will say however that it's certainly been my more mentally healthy periods where I've appreciated the acid more than the oxy.

Don't see what's wrong with good ol' amphetamine though, am on it now, I will say clearly it genuinely has improved my life but I don't ever abuse it I just use as scripted that's the big asterisk by that statement.

I was a bit vulnerable to the old speed wilson - I was seeing shadow people on the roof and shit o_O

I have used Dilaudid or Jurnista as its known here. But i ever only used it as prescribed (some a bit more) and even then it was awesome recreational without even knowing it. Though i only ever took it orally ( as i will never inj ) so cant give feedback on iv use but oral use worked great for me

I have used Dilaudid or Jurnista as its known here. But i ever only used it as prescribed (some a bit more) and even then it was awesome recreational without even knowing it. Though i only ever took it orally ( as i will never inj ) so cant give feedback on iv use but oral use worked great for me

Intranasal BA is much higher than oral BA as well I think, not anywhere as high as IV but still significantly higher. Off the top of my head it's like 50% BA up the nose.

Beware though if you do snort it, take a much lower dose than you would orally.