• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how long until can get high after suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridethecircuswheel

Bluelighter
Hello.

I'm sorry but this thread is probably on here and on other sites that can be searched, but I wanted to ask one that specifically pertained to me.

I am in NO way a suboxone user. Never used suboxone, subutex, methadone, none of that. I have a pretty small dope habit. one or two a day stamp bags from new york (cheap, and bad quality)

Well. I found somebody who had a very small amount of suboxone for sale. It was 4 individual 2 mg strips. I waited about 18 hours after my last shot and took one of them at about 2 am yesterday morning. Then i slept and woke up at 9 am and took the other 3. That's 8 mg of suboxone. Approximately 15 hours after I took the 6 mgs of suboxone I began sweating and feeling sick and in pain so I hit up my guy and got a few bags. I came home and shot one and felt a quick moment of relief and decided to do another one. I missed the second one. I had compeltely forgot about the opiate blocker suboxone is. I felt itchy and a little high but it wasn't all that it could be.

I have a few more bags left and am looking forward to waking up tommorow at 12 which would make it 27 hours after my last 6 mg suboxone dose. Will I get high, or relief because I am not a typical SUBOXONE USER? I hear of people who are on suboxone for months who claim that it takes 48 hours to get high, and if you do try to get high its a waste. Since I only took 6 mg and it was my first time, will I be able to get high after 27 hours?

I had a friend who would say that he would take an 8 mg strip, go and do an 8 hour shift to get well and then he would get high right after work. Thanks I would appreciate answers.

I use subs when I have nothing else and dont want to be sick. I typically take 2-4mg/day. I have taken 2mg of subs and then had something good come thru, and done it within hours of the sub and still felt it like I never did the sub. But I keep my sub dose as low as possible. I would think you'd be able to feel something after 27hrs of taking 6mg suboxone/subutex. Then again, if you dont, you arent really going to know if it's the subs blocking it or if you got crappy dope, since you already started the dope you get kinda sucks anyway.

This question gets asked a lot on here.. it should be on the home page in big bold letters it gets asked so much.. Hah.

Anyway, it's hard to give you a definite "yes you will get high" or "no you won't get high" answer... because everybody is different, with varying metabolic rates, etc..how long someone has to wait in order for the bupe to pass through their system can be very individualistic. For some people on the fast side, they can take 8mg's and get high as a kite in 12 hours... for others, they literally have to wait days in order to return to normal and get 100% of their high back. Most people fall in the middle, around 24 hours.

Another factor that is on your side in this case, is the fact that you haven't been taking suboxone everyday for a lengthy period of time. Because of this, there is no build up of bupe in your system. So despite the drugs very long half-life... you could still be bupe free in a much shorter time than if you had been on it everyday for weeks.

So like I said.. everybody is different. I personally would have no problem getting high 27 hours after a 6mg dose. I know others on here that for a fact wouldn't be able to get high only 27 hours later. So, you're going to have to just find out yourself which end of the spectrum you land on. You'll definitely get a good portion of your high at the very least, but possibly the whole thing.

I took 8mg yesterday at 3 so its been 26 hours so far. I may go shoot some smack and plan on feeling it a little not as much as i should though

Also will be homeless soon if discocered heh

For some people on the fast side, they can take 8mg's and get high as a kite in 12 hours... for others, they literally have to wait days in order to return to normal and get 100% of their high back. Most people fall in the middle, around 24 hours.
there's your answer. i've done 8mg of suboxone at 12pm and gotten high as a kite at 3pm. it's different with everyone.

Update- a decent sized shot 28 hours after 8mg bupe hardly did anything but give me a rush. About to go shoot/somewhat waste more because i dont know how to

Now another question on the subject-- do you guys think that shooting dope tonoght will knock some bupe off my receptors making it easier to get high tomorrow?

I hate to make the thread the example, but please use the search engine. I am certain that you will find similar if not identical posts. I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.