• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anybody ever shot up liquid oral solution methadone ?

I'm going through s similar dilemma. I don't wanna be on it for much longer but it do hard when you feel so fortified by it.

Ha yeah same logic I had smoking subutex pill on foil like no3 h. It just frazzled...

I smoked a piece of feta cheese once. So many things look like drugs, what is a poor boy to do?

I injected Heroin for about ten years. I rotated sites and was clean whenever it was physically possible. I had great veins and never took more than 30 seconds at most to make it work.

I ended up getting Methadone take-homes and had to inject it. I got a hold of some intravenous catheters and luer lock tubing with matching 60ml syringe.

I did this for about a week and ended up destroying 75% of my veins in that period of time. It burned like a motgerfucker but I didn't care at the time. It wouldn't have been worth it if it were twice as potent.

I'm with negrogesic here. Its maybe 20% stronger at most. Nothing to write home about.

For future reference, if anyone ever has this thought, I'd probably suggest a butterfly needle rather than a catheter/cannula (assuming that's not what you're thinking of). Probably less damaging, let shit to do to insert it, more like a regular needle.

Did you dilute your take homes before shooting? Most methadone syrup is very.. Well... Syrupy and should probably be diluted first. Though with that too might be safer to use saline rather than water since waters not isotonic with blood (its a little like air bubbles, a tiny amount of water generally won't do any harm but you don't want a lot of it).

For future reference, if anyone ever has this thought, I'd probably suggest a butterfly needle rather than a catheter/cannula (assuming that's not what you're thinking of). Probably less damaging, let shit to do to insert it, more like a regular needle.

Did you dilute your take homes before shooting? Most methadone syrup is very.. Well... Syrupy and should probably be diluted first. Though with that too might be safer to use saline rather than water since waters not isotonic with blood (its a little like air bubbles, a tiny amount of water generally won't do any harm but you don't want a lot of it).

That depends what you mean exactly. I'm assuming you guys get tge 10mg/ml tincture in Australia? I've talked to folks in Europe who still seem to get a 1mg/1ml that is much more similar to the consistency of cough syrup.

Ours in the USA is almost always the 10mg/ml but it's not at all that consistency. It tastes and feels like very alkaline water. The thing is, my clinic and most others in Mass. will always diluted the liquid to fill a ~60ml bottle to discourage this.

I just shot this liquid and that was bad enough without diluting.

That depends what you mean exactly. I'm assuming you guys get tge 10mg/ml tincture in Australia? I've talked to folks in Europe who still seem to get a 1mg/1ml that is much more similar to the consistency of cough syrup.

Ours in the USA is almost always the 10mg/ml but it's not at all that consistency. It tastes and feels like very alkaline water. The thing is, my clinic and most others in Mass. will always diluted the liquid to fill a ~60ml bottle to discourage this.

I just shot this liquid and that was bad enough without diluting.

Ah. Mine dilutes my take homes too, same reason, discourage injecting and selling. Not everywhere in Australia does, but Queensland does.

Methadone in Australia comes as 5mg per ml.

The syrup in its undiluted form is probably a similar consistency to many cough syrups. Not that thick but thicker than water.

Re: cig filters staying wet, i usually actually pierce into them with the tip, rest/dip it into the spoon/cooker, draw up, then at the end push any air out and then squeeze it with my (clean) fingers while pulling back on the plunger again, can get an extra 0.1-0.2ml of shot this way.

OR be a typical junky and make your friends shot first and dont squeeze the filter then make your own and squeeze their extra little bit in your shot 😂

Some people say piercing the filter can blunt the needle, i dont see it doing it, especially if you slip it in nice and gently, but unless you're using 1ml fixed you can always swap to a new head after drawing up anyway 🤷‍♂️

Interesting meth comes in different strengths in different countries. In UK it's almost all 1mg/ml green "sweet medicine" flavour (that's the only way I can describe the taste. It's usuall sugar free but has artificial sweeteners but you can request sugary stuff if you don't or can't have the sweeteners.
You can also request 10mg/ml stuff that tastes like ass and is blue (or what I had was). Again this has to be specially requested.
If you're going on holiday on a plane and can't take loads of liquid through then you can get physeptone tablets prescribed but this is only if you're doing well on your script as the tablets are easier to sell of inject.

Interesting meth comes in different strengths in different countries. In UK it's almost all 1mg/ml green "sweet medicine" flavour (that's the only way I can describe the taste. It's usuall sugar free but has artificial sweeteners but you can request sugary stuff if you don't or can't have the sweeteners.
You can also request 10mg/ml stuff that tastes like ass and is blue (or what I had was). Again this has to be specially requested.
If you're going on holiday on a plane and can't take loads of liquid through then you can get physeptone tablets prescribed but this is only if you're doing well on your script as the tablets are easier to sell of inject.

Re: cig filters staying wet, i usually actually pierce into them with the tip, rest/dip it into the spoon/cooker, draw up, then at the end push any air out and then squeeze it with my (clean) fingers while pulling back on the plunger again, can get an extra 0.1-0.2ml of shot this way.

OR be a typical junky and make your friends shot first and dont squeeze the filter then make your own and squeeze their extra little bit in your shot 😂

Some people say piercing the filter can blunt the needle, i dont see it doing it, especially if you slip it in nice and gently, but unless you're using 1ml fixed you can always swap to a new head after drawing up anyway 🤷‍♂️

I absolutely 100% promise you it is blunting the needle. New needles are VERY sharp and using them even once on pretty much anything blunts them.

Is it blunting it that much? Dunno, but it is blunting it.

As for cigarette filters, I don't get it, why not just use cotton? It looks pretty much dry as soon as you finish drawing it up. That'll also blunt the needle a little, but if it's a fixed needle as most of us likely use some degree of bluntness is unavoidable. It's just a matter of degree.

Same here, same brand even, physeptone.

As for Australia's methadone, we have 2 brands, a yellow methadone and a purplish methadone. Both are 5mg/ml.

The yellow has glycerine and other additives in it so it was a weird impossible to describe taste, the purple has less additives so it just tastes bitter.

The yellow seems to be the more common, I've gotten methadone sourced from a bunch of places and the only time I've seen the purple was at a public clinic in Sydney.

I absolutely 100% promise you it is blunting the needle. New needles are VERY sharp and using them even once on pretty much anything blunts them.

Is it blunting it that much? Dunno, but it is blunting it.
I never notice the difference between the first poke if ive only gone into the filter once or if ive for example drawn up some pre filtered solution with a new pin.
Years ago id happily use a 1ml fixed pin id poked with 15+ times, even to the point of it not even being able to pierce my skin and bending, nowadays if i cant hit with the 3rd poke i throw the head away and screw a new one on, or if it's fixed squirt out and draw into a new one. Wish id done this from the start. Would have loads more veins left.

As for cigarette filters, I don't get it, why not just use cotton? It looks pretty much dry as soon as you finish drawing it up. That'll also blunt the needle a little, but if it's a fixed needle as most of us likely use some degree of bluntness is unavoidable. It's just a matter of degree.
Pretty much because I smoke with filters so I ALWAYS have them on me, i dont carry cotton around in my pocket 🤷‍♂️

I never notice the difference between the first poke if ive only gone into the filter once or if ive for example drawn up some pre filtered solution with a new pin.
Years ago id happily use a 1ml fixed pin id poked with 15+ times, even to the point of it not even being able to pierce my skin and bending, nowadays if i cant hit with the 3rd poke i throw the head away and screw a new one on, or if it's fixed squirt out and draw into a new one. Wish id done this from the start. Would have loads more veins left.

Pretty much because I smoke with filters so I ALWAYS have them on me, i dont carry cotton around in my pocket 🤷‍♂️

Then where do you get your needles from, you must be carrying them somehow? I always just had all that shit together.

And yeah, dude, I reused 1ml syringes probably up to 60 times for about a year when I was homeless, so long all the numbers had worn off. Surprisingly I still have all my veins in spite of that, just some noticeable track marks.

I don't like the luer needles though, they have too much dead space in the hub for drug to get trapped in and I don't wanna have to flush the needle or inject air behind it or something to work around it.

Then where do you get your needles from, you must be carrying them somehow? I always just had all that shit together.

And yeah, dude, I reused 1ml syringes probably up to 60 times for about a year when I was homeless, so long all the numbers had worn off. Surprisingly I still have all my veins in spite of that, just some noticeable track marks.

I don't like the luer needles though, they have too much dead space in the hub for drug to get trapped in and I don't wanna have to flush the needle or inject air behind it or something to work around it.
I have some at home but i usually go grab a fresh lot after i score, the pharmacy in my town doesnt provide cookers anymore so if im out and about i either go steal a spoon from a cafe or something or use the bottom of a can (i know, i know).
If im in the city the exchange gives cookers which actually come with a small filter, looks/feels exactly like a rolling cig filter but half the length. Infact a little denser, i always throw them and use my standard rolling cig filters(ripped in half) as the pins slip in easier.

60 times? Jeez. You must have soft skin. After 10-15 pokes with a 1ml they literally WONT pierce my skin. I am pretty thick skinned i guess.

As for the luer lock thing, less than 0.1ml being left from a 2.5ml shot isnt worth worrying about imo, but everyones different, occasionally i will just pull a tiny bit of blood back, or draw up a tiny bit more water then shoot the rest, or just draw up a little water and squirt in into my mouth.
But usually thats only with the last shot/wash.

Actually @Ganjcat I've done a bit googling and it may be worth a shot. Just please go slow mate just incase. It might same you a bit money and grapefruit is well good for you!
Tbh I used to do those little boosters and take em more seriously when I was on the tablets I even got hold of these enzyme boosters they somehow boosted the enzyme you use for codeine they actually seemed to work quite good or I could of just caught a good buzz hard to tell defo seemed to make them significantly stronger I've got the bottle laying around somewhere so I'll quote the name for future reference next time I see it they were from our main super drug shop that sells all sorts of vitamins natural drugs etc

Anyone back on topic cus I'm so up fucked up ATM on alcohol heroin methadone and cannabis😜😜😜 but I'm not into them as much axe battler but will probs give it a try in say a little future experiment I also noticed oasis orange or mango flavour, as random as it sounds seemed to make codeine stronger I always used to get a quid off my grandma so I could get a bottle to swallow the tabs with good times... ♥️♥️♥️

I reckon all methadone clients have, well almost cause I never did. I am too frugal to inject an oral formulation. Its like utting 2 bags of heroin in a soda to get high, but they still try.

Stupid comment when obviously intravenous is always more effective than oral for bioavailability

Stupid comment when obviously intravenous is always more effective than oral for bioavailability

Ehhhhh.

It's more complicated than that. Particularly if you wanna get pedantic and talk about prodrugs metabolized on first pass.

@OpiateKiller it's obviously gonna give you a slightly higher BA with methadone, but you're destroying your body injecting that shit for a quicker onset and slightly more effect.
Seriously if you want to get more out of methadone then tums/Rennie's or equivalent and white grape fruit (I eat a whole one an hour before I dose if I want the boost) is the way to go instead of injecting goop into your circulatory system intended for blood, not sugary green slime.

@Ganjcat seriously, Rennie's or equivalent and white grape fruit an hour before you dose (on my weekly take homes I drink more on top and just take 10ml from the rest of my doses to make up).
I'm not recommending you get into those habit, but I find it's better than spending money on herion and benzos to use on top and fuck with my UA's. by a long stretch.
I spend every Saturday blissed out pretty much all day and I try and stick to my script the rest of the week. Zoppies and phenibut notwithstanding....